• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to the manager on duty at Backlot.
When i asked him about rebel hangar he looked at me like i had top secret info I'm not supposed to have
Explained about the reservation agents on the phone, he said the only thing he knew was where it would be. Top floor of Backlot. (I'll take pics of it) when I mentioned characters he said he hadn't heard anything about it.
I'll go ask at guest relations on the way out. ...strike number one :(

I'm having some serious remorse over canceling our FTF package :( And of course, now they are all booked and I will not get one. It doesn't really fit into our schedule and DH doesn't want to spend the money for the few parts of it we would actually use (basically the dessert party and the show. He won't drink the adult drinks they offer and we will have just finished dinner / dessert. And we have a FP for SOTS.) but I just keep thinking about that mysterious 15 minute time difference for the fireworks and how it's probably something wicked cool that we're going to miss :sad:

So it sounds like the only thing you'll be missing is the dessert party......and you'll have just eaten dinner, so why not just take a quarter of the money that you'd have spent and create your own dessert party......cupcakes are like $5 each, and most of the other desserts are $5 or less, so grab enough to make you happy and enjoy them at a time of your choosing.

I come here to research and this is the first thing I see..must have View attachment 89096

That totally has your name written all over it.

Just got close as I could to Darth's Mall and you can clearly hear the construction....maybe I should knock ...
Knock, knock,knock, knock...do you wanna build a Darth's Mall ...come on let's go and shop...(sang to the tune of do you wanna build a snowman)

Love it!

DD is reporting it's consistently 1.5-2 hour wait times. It's because there are 15 minute breaks each hour because Hiro has to be offstage.

We waited a good hour each time. Baymax breaks were frequent. More than once an hour when we were there.

People interested in face painting:
Just talked to the cm the booth by star tours, the options during sww will be yoda, clone trooper, ahsoka,chewie, half face Vader, griveous,and maul

DS will love a Yoda face! Wonder if I can find or make a yoda ears headband?

JTA confirmed same sign up set up as last year. And it'll be Maul and Ventress on the bottom. Asked him about the Inquisitor and he hadn't heard anything about him. It looks like they are sticking to the regular 3 that we already knew.
The gift shop in front of Studio catering co will be all star wars, talked to an awesome cm about it, she said that they already have been told that it'll be very busy :D

Lol, my hopes are dashed. I'd really like to see the Inquisitor at SWW. And had wished that Stephen Stanton would have been a celeb.

Please give me your thoughts... I am getting a crash course in all of this since we just decided a few days ago that we are changing our vacation plans and going to WDW instead. Here is what I have so far and what we want to do. Is this doable and what are the wait times to be expected?

June 7:
I reserved the FtF premium package
H&V for lunch at 12:30 (I had breakfast but it would not let me keep it with the FtF package)
my priorities are: parade and fireworks (taken care of by the FtF package)
- character greetings: Disney Star Wars characters: Jedi Mickie, Minnie, etc
- character greetings: Queen Amidala, Chewbacca, Ewok, R2D2, C3PO, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker
- Animation Academy

I know nothing of what to expect. I do not care about the autographs for the actors. I do have the Galactic breakfast schedule for my husband on June 8 and H&V Star Wars dinner for later in the week that we may or may not keep.

Amidala will have a short wait. The Disney characters are hit or miss, as they rotate. Occasionally you can get lucky and see two, but usually they are one at a time. Chewbacca will have a long line. Ewok is occasionally with Chewie in the afternoon, again hit or miss. R2D2, C3PO, Luke, Leia rotate. I was in line a couple years ago with one of the writers from the Unofficial Guide and she was on her 4th attempt in line to see Leia who kept getting rotated out before she got to her. I promised her if Leia was there when we got up there, she could go in front of us.

Just spoke to the manager on duty at Backlot.
When i asked him about rebel hangar he looked at me like i had top secret info I'm not supposed to have
Explained about the reservation agents on the phone, he said the only thing he knew was where it would be. Top floor of Backlot. (I'll take pics of it) when I mentioned characters he said he hadn't heard anything about it.
I'll go ask at guest relations on the way out. ...strike number one :(

Top floor? I can't even picture it. Is it accessible?

We waited a good hour each time. Baymax breaks were frequent. More than once an hour when we were there.

Did you get there before the first set, 10:30am I think, or did you get there later? I guess I shouldn't be worrying, because they will probably replace them by next year. I have about a half a day planned for nothing but M&G next year. We usually don't do these, but I couldn't resist for SW. DS loves Baymax, so I thought we might as well. He would between SW characters we want to see now, except for Darth Maul. Thanks

Walking around....there are about 30 people line for Hiro and Baymax, theythesome, ty. Saw where u could do the custom bands come out at 10:30. And its a slow day....

Anyone have word on if Baymax will still be doing meet and greet mid june? My boys really wanna see him ;) ty

They are more like vinyl stickers-waterproof etc. Kinda like Jamberry for nails is the closest description. They are pretty inexpensive (no more than what most would spend using polish, tattoos, stickers, glue etc to decorate with). I didn't realize that the order for each MB comes with enough to do 3 bands (or 1 MB and 2 spares:)). So we have a LOT of covers-may take my extra sheet that first day and handout some to kids waiting in line...

Awesome, saw where u could do custom bands but looked like they may be a lil blurry or do they just appear that way on computer? So, if I design a custom one they send you 3 precut of that design for the price?! Thats cool. I missed it if you posted pics of the decals, could you post pls? Ty!

Please give me your thoughts... I am getting a crash course in all of this since we just decided a few days ago that we are changing our vacation plans and going to WDW instead. Here is what I have so far and what we want to do. Is this doable and what are the wait times to be expected?

June 7:
I reserved the FtF premium package
H&V for lunch at 12:30 (I had breakfast but it would not let me keep it with the FtF package)
my priorities are: parade and fireworks (taken care of by the FtF package)
- character greetings: Disney Star Wars characters: Jedi Mickie, Minnie, etc
- character greetings: Queen Amidala, Chewbacca, Ewok, R2D2, C3PO, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker
- Animation Academy

I know nothing of what to expect. I do not care about the autographs for the actors. I do have the Galactic breakfast schedule for my husband on June 8 and H&V Star Wars dinner for later in the week that we may or may not keep.
If meeting the Disney characters dressed as SW characters is a priority, I would definitely keep the dinner. You can knock them all out there in about an hour, and not have to worry about them rotating out while you're in line.

The yoda one is a bit blurrier than I thought but still ok. Just pay attention to file size (website gives rec size of to download for best results) I also stretched and resized a couple times to get a good fit. The images were all blurrier on the screen than what they came out as :). I chose to do full band ones as I couldn't find images I liked that looked good on just partial bands. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 36
The yoda one is a bit blurrier than I thought but still ok. Just pay attention to file size (website gives rec size of to download for best results) I also stretched and resized a couple times to get a good fit. The images were all blurrier on the screen than what they came out as :). I chose to do full band ones as I couldn't find images I liked that looked good on just partial bands. Hope this helps!
These are great! I'm a bit surprised that they let you upload essentially copyrighted material... I remember having issues with zazzle (I think it was them) a few years back when trying to make a custom mug. The order initially went through, and then I was notified by email that it had to be cancelled for this reason.

Anyone ever had a problem with this, with these custom covers??

Anyone have word on if Baymax will still be doing meet and greet mid june? My boys really wanna see him ;) ty

Awesome, saw where u could do custom bands but looked like they may be a lil blurry or do they just appear that way on computer? So, if I design a custom one they send you 3 precut of that design for the price?! Thats cool. I missed it if you posted pics of the decals, could you post pls? Ty!
Baymax and Hiro are here to stay for the foreseeable future

that would be a great spot but for some reason when I was reading one of the posts about it I thought it said opposite Sids so I was thinking the opposite side of the street....to be clear the place I was thinking of is across from Sids by the Mickey's of Hollywood (or some such name) store.

The side walk extends longer than the picture.

Did you get there before the first set, 10:30am I think, or did you get there later? I guess I shouldn't be worrying, because they will probably replace them by next year. I have about a half a day planned for nothing but M&G next year. We usually don't do these, but I couldn't resist for SW. DS loves Baymax, so I thought we might as well. He would between SW characters we want to see now, except for Darth Maul. Thanks

We got there around 4. By 5:30 the line was closed and very full. They allowed people to wait standby. Those inside the queue at closing got to see them. Those outside in standby were told they might get to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter