• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some serious remorse over canceling our FTF package :( And of course, now they are all booked and I will not get one. It doesn't really fit into our schedule and DH doesn't want to spend the money for the few parts of it we would actually use (basically the dessert party and the show. He won't drink the adult drinks they offer and we will have just finished dinner / dessert. And we have a FP for SOTS.) but I just keep thinking about that mysterious 15 minute time difference for the fireworks and how it's probably something wicked cool that we're going to miss :sad:
I think you have to look at it with a level head. If it doesn't fit your schedule, you have fp to SotS and you won't really enjoy the dessert party as much then you did the right thing. You can still see the pre show from very close to the stage if that's what you want, ot see it from the jumbotron on the Hyperion Theater

I hope they change it back and allow reservations I think it will be such a mess
remember that all of this is from the same people that swore to us that there wouldn't be a Feel the Force package, time and time again.
They might be getting the go ahead to say that it won't be bookable so people stop calling until they announce it.
I'm not saying that it will or it won't just to keep that in mind.

I'm having some serious remorse over canceling our FTF package :( And of course, now they are all booked and I will not get one. It doesn't really fit into our schedule and DH doesn't want to spend the money for the few parts of it we would actually use (basically the dessert party and the show. He won't drink the adult drinks they offer and we will have just finished dinner / dessert. And we have a FP for SOTS.) but I just keep thinking about that mysterious 15 minute time difference for the fireworks and how it's probably something wicked cool that we're going to miss :sad:
keep checking. I just booked it I think, I am VERY new to all this and decided to book it after seeing that cupcakes and ice cream bars are included! I saw there was availability for June 6 and June 7. When are you going?

Hi all! I have a parking question. We have a few days of SSW to play with, so we are only going to the parks at 7:30am once. For the other days, we will head there in the afternoon to catch some of the shows and evening fireworks. How will the parking situation be at that time of day? Will it be difficult getting a spot?

Hi all! I have a parking question. We have a few days of SSW to play with, so we are only going to the parks at 7:30am once. For the other days, we will head there in the afternoon to catch some of the shows and evening fireworks. How will the parking situation be at that time of day? Will it be difficult getting a spot?

we went in the afternoon on a Sunday last year and had no trouble parking - not sure if that is the norm or if we lucked out....

I had never planned on booking it, but even I get a second thoughts when I keep reading about it. It's so hard when everyone is (understandably) so jazzed for theirs. I am not at all worried we will miss anything without it, and it definitely did not work for our schedule or family since the baby won't be out late. I am excited to do it my own way with ODS instead, hopefully grabbing a nice table around the lake to munch on some treats of our own. I am sure you will be fine without it! Now you can spend a fraction of that money on something that does work for you...like munching on Han Solo's fancy popcorn while sipping out of Boba Fett's noggin while waiting for fireworks...or whatever. :thumbsup2

Walking around....there are about 30 people line for Hiro and Baymax, they come out at 10:30. And its a slow day....
Sigh, one of the few non-SW ODS really wants to meet, but I fear we won't have time since he and DH have a 10:40 sci-fi bfast on our "regular" HS day. I wonder though...with their late bfast, we won't be having lunch, and they will get out around lunchtime, maybe the line is shorter around 12-12:30? And by "shorter", I mean an hour instead of two lol.

maybe the line is shorter around 12-12:30? And by "shorter", I mean an hour instead of two lol.
DD is reporting it's consistently 1.5-2 hour wait times. It's because there are 15 minute breaks each hour because Hiro has to be offstage.

keep checking. I just booked it I think, I am VERY new to all this and decided to book it after seeing that cupcakes and ice cream bars are included! I saw there was availability for June 6 and June 7. When are you going?

when were ice cream bars confirmed?

DD is reporting it's consistently 1.5-2 hour wait times. It's because there are 15 minute breaks each hour because Hiro has to be offstage.
Hrm, well thanks for the info! We'll figure it out. He might have to decide if it is more important to meet them or do some rides. Disney might be a magical place, but I don't think they've yet figured out how to put more hours into a day. :P

Are these actual stickers or vinyl cling? Thanks
They are more like vinyl stickers-waterproof etc. Kinda like Jamberry for nails is the closest description. They are pretty inexpensive (no more than what most would spend using polish, tattoos, stickers, glue etc to decorate with). I didn't realize that the order for each MB comes with enough to do 3 bands (or 1 MB and 2 spares:)). So we have a LOT of covers-may take my extra sheet that first day and handout some to kids waiting in line...

JTA confirmed same sign up set up as last year. And it'll be Maul and Ventress on the bottom. Asked him about the Inquisitor and he hadn't heard anything about him. It looks like they are sticking to the regular 3 that we already knew.
The gift shop in front of Studio catering co will be all star wars, talked to an awesome cm about it, she said that they already have been told that it'll be very busy :D

Please give me your thoughts... I am getting a crash course in all of this since we just decided a few days ago that we are changing our vacation plans and going to WDW instead. Here is what I have so far and what we want to do. Is this doable and what are the wait times to be expected?

June 7:
I reserved the FtF premium package
H&V for lunch at 12:30 (I had breakfast but it would not let me keep it with the FtF package)
my priorities are: parade and fireworks (taken care of by the FtF package)
- character greetings: Disney Star Wars characters: Jedi Mickie, Minnie, etc
- character greetings: Queen Amidala, Chewbacca, Ewok, R2D2, C3PO, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker
- Animation Academy

I know nothing of what to expect. I do not care about the autographs for the actors. I do have the Galactic breakfast schedule for my husband on June 8 and H&V Star Wars dinner for later in the week that we may or may not keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter