• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

This is my first SWW so I never saw the Hoopla (besides youtube) but I agree with the PP about respecting the brand.

And honestly, it is a bit of a relief because I was already worried about how early we'd have to park ourselves in front of the stage to be able to see.

I hope the new stuff they add is awesome.

Also a question for people who have been before: people talk about lines forming for the merchandise tent the night before. Which items in the past have sold out that early? Like, say that I don't want to go to the tent until later afternoon. What has been sold out before in that time?

Huge lines for merchandise form the night of Thursday into Friday of the first weekend. Nothing really sells out that first Friday it's just people (mostly ebayers) that want to buy everything they already have promised for people on Ebay. Items that tend to sell out during all the weekends are pin sets and some vinylmations but not the first Friday. You'll still find a lot of items available even during the last weekend. Plus during the last weekend they usually put everything with the SWW logo (this years is Join the Rebellion) 30% off.

Yeah I'm curious if they are going to overlap with Fantasmic! or not. I know we have a 9pm Fantasmic show one night and would love to catch the fireworks as well if at all possible. If it is the 9:45 start time, though, it's going to be rough.

Now to find another night we can squeeze in DHS for fireworks.
Yeah, if you're at the 9om F! it'll be hard to find a good spot for the fireworks, unless you stay around ToT I would think you would have a decent view from there but I've never seen fireworks from there... remember that the second F! is always less packed than the first one so that could be another option.

Hi! This will be our first SWW and I would love some advice from the vets. Our trip is June 8-13 and we were planning to hurry down and try to get to SWW on June 8th thinking it was the last day. Now that the following weekend is included, I'm thinking of making June 13 our SWW day. Fridays are better than Sundays, right? Even once we are into June? If we can only do the 8th or 13th, which would you choose? TIA!

The dates in June are always more crowded because of kids being out of school. But in general Friday is less busy than Sat. or Sun. but not by a lot. Between the 8th and the 13th I wouldn't think there will be a huge difference in crowds. But I would go on the 8th and then if there's anything you didn't get to do you can still go on the 13th

Huge lines for merchandise form the night of Thursday into Friday of the first weekend. Nothing really sells out that first Friday it's just people (mostly ebayers) that want to buy everything they already have promised for people on Ebay. Items that tend to sell out during all the weekends are pin sets and some vinylmations but not the first Friday. You'll still find a lot of items available even during the last weekend. Plus during the last weekend they usually put everything with the SWW logo (this years is Join the Rebellion) 30% off.

Thanks! This is good to know, I collect vinylmation so I'm glad I should be able to get some later in the afternoon without standing in the long line.

Wow! I just spent about 4 hours going through the whole thread...great info!!

We had planned our trip for June 14-17, and were disappointed we'd miss SWW. So now that the weekend has been added, I'm feverishly planning.

The hard part of this is that we are only there 3 nights, and the only day we can do DHS is Saturday after a cruise coming back into Port Canaveral. So we won't be able to do the rope drop. :sad2:

We don't need to do celebs, JTA, PMC, or even meet and greets, but do want to soak up the atmosphere, maybe catch the 3:30 panel show, see the fireworks, and do the 10:30 F! on June 14th.

My son is 13. It will by my DS' first time to WDW, but he's been to DL a few times, so I'm limiting what we need to do to the musts and not what he's already done (e.g. no need for TSMM). Can you critique my plan?

get to park by 2pm
1. Do Star Tours.
2. See Muppetvision.
3. See Stars of the Saga show at 3:30. Get there at 3.
4. See Indy show at 4:30. (not sure there is even a show at this time)
5. Dinner at 50s Prime Time at 5:20, so get there at 5:15.
6. FP+ 6:30-7:30 Great Movie Ride
7. FP+ 7:30-8:30 Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
8. FP+ 8:30-9:30 Tower of Terror.
9. Watch FW at 9:45.
10. Get to second F! at 10 for 10:30 show.

Is this possible or too ambitious? We've never done SWW and are really happy they added the last weekend so we can experience it, but we also need to do the rides my DH hasn't done, plus ST. Thanks!

Wow! I just spent about 4 hours going through the whole thread...great info!!

We had planned our trip for June 14-17, and were disappointed we'd miss SWW. So now that the weekend has been added, I'm feverishly planning.

The hard part of this is that we are only there 3 nights, and the only day we can do DHS is Saturday after a cruise coming back into Port Canaveral. So we won't be able to do the rope drop. :sad2:

We don't need to do celebs, JTA, PMC, or even meet and greets, but do want to soak up the atmosphere, maybe catch the 3:30 panel show, see the fireworks, and do the 10:30 F! on June 14th.

My son is 13. It will by my DS' first time to WDW, but he's been to DL a few times, so I'm limiting what we need to do to the musts and not what he's already done (e.g. no need for TSMM). Can you critique my plan?

get to park by 2pm
1. Do Star Tours.
2. See Muppetvision.
3. See Stars of the Saga show at 3:30. Get there at 3.
4. See Indy show at 4:30. (not sure there is even a show at this time)
5. Dinner at 50s Prime Time at 5:20, so get there at 5:15.
6. FP+ 6:30-7:30 Great Movie Ride
7. FP+ 7:30-8:30 Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
8. FP+ 8:30-9:30 Tower of Terror.
9. Watch FW at 9:45.
10. Get to second F! at 10 for 10:30 show.

Is this possible or too ambitious? We've never done SWW and are really happy they added the last weekend so we can experience it, but we also need to do the rides my DH hasn't done, plus ST. Thanks!

First of all, I'm happy this thread has been helpful. Second your plan may be a bit ambitious.
1.- If you get to the park at 2pm and get in stanby line for ST it might be anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour wait, that'll put you around 3pm when you come out
2.- Not sure if you'll have time to see Muppetvision, during SWW this line picks up more people and it's usually at a 30 min. wait
3.- Stars of the saga is a popular show and it does fill up, not sure if arriving at 3pm will be enough to get a seat
4.- Don't have the times for the Indy shows until the week before, there's is one usually at 4pm
5.- Favorite restaurant in the entire park. :)
6,7,8,9: just remember when you come out of Tower for the fireworks there will be wall to wall people standing on Hollywood blvd to see the fw. The CMs do leave a small trail to cross the street if you want to find another spot other than Sunset Blvd to watch.
I'll be watching the fireworks from different angles starting the first weekend so I'll report back how decent a view it is from Sunset. So if it's good you could stay on Sunset and then go to the last F!.

Remember that we are working with the schedule for SWW shows from last year, apparantely there will be more things added to this years SWW, so it might as well all change but since you're going to the last weekend we will have all the details by then

First timer for SWW here & I've got a question that may be kinda dumb but want to make sure I'm thinking the right way... During SWW, do the normal characters (like sorcerer Mickey) still appear at the animation studio area? Thanks!

First timer for SWW here & I've got a question that may be kinda dumb but want to make sure I'm thinking the right way... During SWW, do the normal characters (like sorcerer Mickey) still appear at the animation studio area? Thanks!

Yes the regular meet and greets still happen, the only thing that won't is characterpalooza on Streets of America since part of that area is used for SW characters meet and greets

I just asked on the Her Universe page if they would be at SWW with their merchandise and they said yes :) I need to start saving NOW

So although my DH is a huge SW fan, I don't believe he will be interested in standing in long lines to see characters etc. We might try to watch the parade, but he (and I ) would much rather hit the rides. I have made our plans to take in EMH on Saturday, June 14th and hit TSM, TOT and RR. Are we completely crazy to try to do this? Or will the crowds be focused else where?

Love all the details on the thread!

I have made our plans to take in EMH on Saturday, June 14th and hit TSM, TOT and RR. Are we completely crazy to try to do this? Or will the crowds be focused else where?

Now that June 14th is a SWW day, I'd think the park hours will be the same as other SWW days, 8am-10pm. So that would mean there are no EMH that day. The rides probably won't be crazy crowded first thing in the morning though, because people probably will have other SWW-related priorities.

jretzlaff22 said:
So although my DH is a huge SW fan, I don't believe he will be interested in standing in long lines to see characters etc. We might try to watch the parade, but he (and I ) would much rather hit the rides. I have made our plans to take in EMH on Saturday, June 14th and hit TSM, TOT and RR. Are we completely crazy to try to do this? Or will the crowds be focused else where?

Love all the details on the thread!

I am expecting Disney to change the hours of operation for that last weekend. The morning EMH will probably be taken away and the time will be changed to 8-10pm. Since they just announced t the addition of this last weekend they haven't changed the calendar yet.
If you plan it right you'll be able to do some rides and some sww stuff

First of all, I'm happy this thread has been helpful. Second your plan may be a bit ambitious.
1.- If you get to the park at 2pm and get in stanby line for ST it might be anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour wait, that'll put you around 3pm when you come out
2.- Not sure if you'll have time to see Muppetvision, during SWW this line picks up more people and it's usually at a 30 min. wait
3.- Stars of the saga is a popular show and it does fill up, not sure if arriving at 3pm will be enough to get a seat
4.- Don't have the times for the Indy shows until the week before, there's is one usually at 4pm
5.- Favorite restaurant in the entire park. :)
6,7,8,9: just remember when you come out of Tower for the fireworks there will be wall to wall people standing on Hollywood blvd to see the fw. The CMs do leave a small trail to cross the street if you want to find another spot other than Sunset Blvd to watch.
I'll be watching the fireworks from different angles starting the first weekend so I'll report back how decent a view it is from Sunset. So if it's good you could stay on Sunset and then go to the last F!.

Remember that we are working with the schedule for SWW shows from last year, apparantely there will be more things added to this years SWW, so it might as well all change but since you're going to the last weekend we will have all the details by then

Thank you Yulilin, so much. Ok, so we'll possibly just play it by ear about what time to get there and if/when to do ST/MV/Indy. None of those are completely mandatory as much as the GMR, ToT, and RnRC. I'll lower my expectations for the first few hours. I think just being there during SWW and soaking up all the fans and character sightings will be enough for us, besides the fireworks, F!, and a few rides.

I'm so excited to continue reading this thread in the next few months and seeing your reports on the SWW you get to go to!!! :happytv: :cool1:

I just read that there won't be a Hyperspace Hoopla this year. I'm kinda bummed cause after seeing the videos of years past, I was looking forward to seeing it live. But on the plus side, since I'm doing a Fantasmic meal thingy, I won't have to rush out of the theater when it's done to get to the other show.

Also, I remember seeing a video where they added some Star Wars characters to the Indy show for SWW. Do they do this every year or was that a one time thing?

I just read that there won't be a Hyperspace Hoopla this year. I'm kinda bummed cause after seeing the videos of years past, I was looking forward to seeing it live. But on the plus side, since I'm doing a Fantasmic meal thingy, I won't have to rush out of the theater when it's done to get to the other show.

Also, I remember seeing a video where they added some Star Wars characters to the Indy show for SWW. Do they do this every year or was that a one time thing?

That was Raiders of the Last Jedi Temple of Doom...and it was only done during a special event night called Last Tour to Endor before they closed Star Tours for the big refurbishment to what ST is now. It wasn't done during sww.

For those who have been before.... Will the buses be going to DHS earlier or still just 1 hour before park opening?

For those who have been before.... Will the buses be going to DHS earlier or still just 1 hour before park opening?

The one hour before park opening thing is a myth. Buses start running about 6:30 every single morning to all parks.

We r taking our DGD and DGS to Sww. They are Huge star war fans. My Dh and I want to enjoy Sww with the kids. We have seen some of the movies, but not all of them. Which movies would you suggest we watch before we go?

I just posted this on another thread, but I thought I would try here as well. I just saw that when signing up for JTA they ask the little Jedi a few questions before they sign him up...Do you happen to know what questions they ask? My son will be 4 1/2 when we go in May. He tends to get shy when a stranger asks him a question and I would love to almost "prepare" him for his answers so he doesn't freeze up. He listens very well to directions(he just finished playing his 2nd season in a hockey league and always followed the directions of the coaches But as I said, when a stranger talks to him he is super shy. I would hate for them to reject him if he doesn't answer the questions because he is so looking forward to "fighting" Darth Vader
Also...We Are All Looking Forward To Our FIRST SWW!!!! 93 Days & Counting!!!!

We r taking our DGD and DGS to Sww. They are Huge star war fans. My Dh and I want to enjoy Sww with the kids. We have seen some of the movies, but not all of them. Which movies would you suggest we watch before we go?

They are a complete story so I would say all of them. If you want the story in order then start with Episode I Phantom Menace and end with Episode VI Return of the Jedi
If you want them from old school (the best) to new CGI infused school (the not so great) then it's Episode IV A new Hope, V Empire Strikes Back, VI Return of the Jedi, I Phantom Menace, II Attack of the Clones (you have to power thru this one) and III Revenge of the Sith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter