Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Please treat this as a rumor:
Word is that the addition of fireworks is because Hyperspace Hoopla will not be performed this year....
Let's hope this is not true, I'll keep my eyes and ears open

It is true. Says so on the Hub. No more Hoopla. :( :( :(

It is true. Says so on the Hub. No more Hoopla. :( :( :(

Yes, it's now official:

This year, we’re excited to introduce several new experiences for our Guests during “Star Wars” Weekends, including a nightly curtain call moment featuring “Star Wars” characters and a “Symphony in the Stars” fireworks spectacular. James Armold Taylor will host the Curtain Call moment

The Hyperspace Hoopla show was retired after last year’s event.
from the HUB

I am sad to hear the hoopla is retired. We were there two years ago and that was the best part! I'm very disappointed. The fireworks may be nice but the hoopla was so much fun.

I am glad I went to last year's Hoopla. I had no idea it would be the last one.
:sad1:

I do Like the "Join the rebellion" Motto they have got for this year.

I am sad to hear the hoopla is retired. We were there two years ago and that was the best part! I'm very disappointed. The fireworks may be nice but the hoopla was so much fun.

Man, o' man. Taking the red marker to my planning spreadsheet now... :sad1:

Hopefully Disney doesn't disappoint and they come with something equal or better.

well I've had a couple of hours to get used to the idea of SWW without Hoopla and you guys know that I don't like this thread to go negative, but it seriously sucks.
I know the fireworks will be amazing and whatever the character curtain call should be Ok but Hoopla...that's what made SWW what it was. I know plenty of people that disliked the show but my facebook page is going crazy with people in complete disbelief about the canceling.
So I'm ready to move on. Let the planning continue, interested to see which celebs are coming, maybe a lot of them will do 2 weekends like last year.

So sad about Hyperspace Hoopla. It was one of our favorite things to do at SWW. We went last year so I guess we were lucky we got to see it one last time - we almost didn't because of the weather, but the show went on anyway, just a little delayed. We love Disney fireworks, but it won't be the same without the Hoopla. I still catch my girls singing the Hyperspace Hoopla song from time to time. :(

well I've had a couple of hours to get used to the idea of SWW without Hoopla and you guys know that I don't like this thread to go negative, but it seriously sucks.
I know the fireworks will be amazing and whatever the character curtain call should be Ok but Hoopla...that's what made SWW what it was. I know plenty of people that disliked the show but my facebook page is going crazy with people in complete disbelief about the canceling.
So I'm ready to move on. Let the planning continue, interested to see which celebs are coming, maybe a lot of them will do 2 weekends like last year.

Wow! Just read the news :worried: When I invited my friends to tag along this year, I actually showed vids to get them excited as I thought the Hoopla was more fun than it really was about Star Wars but hopefully the curtain call will live up to what we'd enjoy :confused3

All in all, still excited for the fireworks and still can't wait for the trip

Yes, it's now official:

This year, we’re excited to introduce several new experiences for our Guests during “Star Wars” Weekends, including a nightly curtain call moment featuring “Star Wars” characters and a “Symphony in the Stars” fireworks spectacular. James Armold Taylor will host the Curtain Call moment

The Hyperspace Hoopla show was retired after last year’s event.
from the HUB

At least it shows that JAT will host!!! I hadn't head of any of the hosts yet. So I find that exciting.

Sure wish the fireworks were in addition rather than instead of...

Rather intrigued to see what the Curtain Call will be.

I'm bummed about Hoopla, but I've got to look on the bright side.

1. We know that JAT will host. :thumbsup2

2. Symphony in the Stars will be cool and I'm excited to see what the curtain call is.

3. I will actually get to attend more than one weekend (well, just the Friday of the last weekend, but still!).

I am trying to plan three Disney Vacations at the same time (I know poor me.) and I took a break from reading this thread since SWW is our second vacation. And I come back to find out NO Hoopla!!!! This was our first SWW and I was looking forward to seeing it. I loved the videos on YouTube and now it's gone. But I also came back to see that they have added another weekend and guess what - it matches with our third trip that we have booked for my Birthday and our 15 year anniversary. So even though I am really really sad that I will not get to see Hoopla. I am super excited that we get to go for two weekends.

Hope that is all I missed from this thread over the past few days. Now I have to get back to planning our Spring Break trip.

Just broke the news to the family about the end of Hyperspace Hoopla. We are all so bummed... It was THE highlight of our Star Wars Weekend trip. Fireworks can be seen all over the parks... Hoopla was special and It Will Be Missed!!!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
~The Ninja Family
PS. Thanks for all the wonderful information that has been shared on this thread. It really helped to make our SWW trips easier and a lot more fun!

I have a bad feeling about this.

My poor 9 year old will be devastated! He hated having the eat from the children's menu on DDP last year and the only reason he agreed to suffer it again this was so he could see the Hoopla! He has watched everyone one of the past ones online and was thrilled to finally see it in person. I don't know how I will break it to him. :(

I am glad I went to last year's Hoopla. I had no idea it would be the last one. :sad1:

Last year was our first SWW and my boyfriend and I fell in love with Hoopla, we are extremely disappointed, we had already been making plans to make sure we caught it at least one if not twice!

I am really glad we got to see it last year as well!

I went two years ago and didn't make it to Hoopla. That was one of the things I wanted to make sure I saw this year and to actually see the parade from the front. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter