Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

Nope - we asked. Doesn't work on the SWW dinner at H&V, either, but a pp said they got the 10% off there - we didn't. Also didn't work at Darth Mall. Boo...

H&V gives 10% off to Disney Visa holders. I imagine that the special package is excluded however many CMs many not be aware of the exclusion and do apply the discount.

There's no discount at SciFi and hence why it's not working for the breakfast.

I was there at park opening on Friday,so I didn't wait more than 5 minutes to get in. Others were saying if you have an appointment, they will allow you into Darth Mall without issues. The process took like 10-15 minutes including paying for my figure.

Awesome, thank you everyone for the replies. We do have an appointment so that should help.

I can't believe the 2nd weekend starts tomorrow! We just got back late last night - DD is still asking to go again next year :banana:

Everyone have fun - I'll be looking forward to reading your posts!

Sorry if this is in the thread but some advice for FTF. What time can we/should we check in for the morning/parade and do we then go and try and secure a good viewing spot right away? Thanks :)

Just had to cancel this weekend. I will probably be having my tissue expander removed. We had ADRs for both Star Wars meals and FtF, all for two. Hopefully, this helps someone else. Been moping all day.

The Disney Visa 10% discount DOES work in Darth's Mall - disregard my earlier message! Just looked at our receipt and it is on there - must have misheard DH when I asked about this!

(Just received the really cool Obi-Wan lightsaber umbrella we bought in the Mall and had them ship. It got badly damaged/bent in transit...rats! But, they'll replace it for us as soon as we send photos of the damage.)

The Disney Visa 10% discount DOES work in Darth's Mall - disregard my earlier message! Just looked at our receipt and it is on there - must have misheard DH when I asked about this! (Just received the really cool Obi-Wan lightsaber umbrella we bought in the Mall and had them ship. It got badly damaged/bent in transit...rats! But, they'll replace it for us as soon as we send photos of the damage.)

Love the umbrella!! Do you mind if I ask - How much was it? (I'm almost afraid to ask but it would make a great Father's Day gift.)

Brit_Jude said:
Sorry if this is in the thread but some advice for FTF. What time can we/should we check in for the morning/parade and do we then go and try and secure a good viewing spot right away? Thanks :)

I wrote my review and it's on post 774 of this thread, also a couple od pages back there's another good review by Bastos

Can you get a FP+ for Symphony in the Stars ?
Is it needed? We are going Friday May 30th? How close do you get with the FP +?
We would like to get pretty close to the stage so our small kiddos can see the pre show

Love the umbrella!! Do you mind if I ask - How much was it? (I'm almost afraid to ask but it would make a great Father's Day gift.)

44.95 - there's Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, and Anakin colors/styles. It was 9.95 to ship it (which was almost exactly the Disney Visa discount on our order, so I think that may have been where DH and I miscommunicated!) It also seems to be available on thinkgeek.com for slightly less, but not sure how much their shipping is... But DH never buys anything for himself, so when we were in the Mall, I was surprised that he said he wanted to buy this - it is cool!

lemonears6 said:
Can you get a FP+ for Symphony in the Stars ?
Is it needed? We are going Friday May 30th? How close do you get with the FP +?
We would like to get pretty close to the stage so our small kiddos can see the pre show

There aren't any offered and you don't need it.
If you stand to close to the stage you will miss the fireworks, I would recommend grabbing spots by Mim and Bills ( big boat) and you can see the show on the American idol experience screen and have an awesome view of the fireworks

This has been a great thread to follow and I appreciate all the posters who have shared so much helpful information.

Tomorrow (Friday, May 23) is the big 24-hour event at the Magic Kingdom. It looks like DHS will also be open late. Does anyone know if Darth's Mall or any of the other SWW activities will extend into the late evening hours? We're thinking it's probably a good idea to avoid the crowds and MK and were curious about what SWW might be happening late tomorrow night.

This has been a great thread to follow and I appreciate all the posters who have shared so much helpful information.

Tomorrow (Friday, May 23) is the big 24-hour event at the Magic Kingdom. It looks like DHS will also be open late. Does anyone know if Darth's Mall or any of the other SWW activities will extend into the late evening hours? We're thinking it's probably a good idea to avoid the crowds and MK and were curious about what SWW might be happening late tomorrow night.

The SW Characters will only be out until 9:00. It will only be regular EMH from 11:00 - 1:00.

wdwent.com doesn't show any SW related activities for EMH.

Can anyone tell me more about the Padawan Mind Challenge? Having difficulty sifting through threads . My kids are 8 And 9. We are bypassing Jedi train I by academy tomorrow b/c they have done it on a regular weekend and we are trying to focus on new stuff. This is our first SAW. Both my kids are know the 6 movies, but we just recently found.d the clone wars, so not familiar with that. When would we need to arrive for signups and when is it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Our mining tomorrow is free until motorcade, then stars of saga fastpass at 3:05 and dinner at 5:05. Everything else negotiable tomorrow and we go back Saturday too. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Writing this from swan and dolphin....we are so excited to go to our first SAW tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me more about the Padawan Mind Challenge? Having difficulty sifting through threads . My kids are 8 And 9. We are bypassing Jedi train I by academy tomorrow b/c they have done it on a regular weekend and we are trying to focus on new stuff. This is our first SAW. Both my kids are know the 6 movies, but we just recently found.d the clone wars, so not familiar with that. When would we need to arrive for signups and when is it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Our mining tomorrow is free until motorcade, then stars of saga fastpass at 3:05 and dinner at 5:05. Everything else negotiable tomorrow and we go back Saturday too. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Writing this from swan and dolphin....we are so excited to go to our first SAW tomorrow.

You should plan on signing up first thing in the morning. Here's the info from yulilin's first post:

*Padawan Mind Challenge
Join Ashley Eckstein as the host for a series of fun and interactive Star Wars trivia challenges. Designed for younglings ages 4 to 11, the Padawan Mind Challenge is a perfect opportunity to watch your little ones wield their mental force alongside popular Star Wars characters—with a few other surprises tossed in too! It's weather permitting and, as opposed to the kids at JTA, they do not get to meet with Vader and Stormtroopers if it does cancel
1pm and 2:15 sign ups at ABC Sound Studios
4:15pm and 6:30pm no sign up required. One family is picked at random around the Hat Stage to answer trivia questions with C3PO against the Empire team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter