Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

I actually tested my Prince Phillip costume at the gym on the treadmill a week before the race. I didn't notice any strange looks even though I had a red cape as part of my workout clothing that day. Actually the strangest comment I got from that costume came from the CM at the Darth Vader photo op who addressed me as Superman. There was no S on my running shirt that night.

anyone know the cut off date for submitting times for this race. first time doing a half, so need to figure out how long I have before I need to submit a time

Just booked our hotel for the weekend. Decided to try an apartment at Old Key West - haven't been ere since 1996 when it was still Dixie Landings (and I was 5!) still 200 odd days away but hard not to get excited when the hotel is booked!

For Memory Maker my running group and I have done a Memory Maker share before and it worked out great. We are all "friends and family" on MDE and share our PhotoPass pictures. So it was easy to share. So, in my opinion, with that many people in your group it absolutely makes sense to purchase Memory Maker, you can split the cost, and then share it since you'll have park pictures and race pictures.

I am thankful that I have an AP that now includes the Memory Maker! Such a great inclusion to my AP, even if the prices did go up a bit. Lov eit!

Can I ask a follow up question? If I'm the primary person on my MDE and I purchase Memory Maker, I'll get my race photos but how will I be sure I'll get my BF's race photos too? Is it as long as he's a contact in my "Friends & Family", then both of our race photos will show up?

Can I ask a follow up question? If I'm the primary person on my MDE and I purchase Memory Maker, I'll get my race photos but how will I be sure I'll get my BF's race photos too? Is it as long as he's a contact in my "Friends & Family", then both of our race photos will show up?
You'll put in a code with your bib numbers to claim photos on the photopass site, one for each of you as well as each race. It will be in the event guide (& back of bib too I think as well as the rundisney website under the results tab) on what the code is. So something like 2016DARKHLF##### (where ##### is your bib number).

You'll put in a code with your bib numbers to claim photos on the photopass site, one for each of you as well as each race. It will be in the event guide (& back of bib too I think as well as the rundisney website under the results tab) on what the code is. So something like 2016DARKHLF##### (where ##### is your bib number).

For the race photos, they don't need to be part of your Friends & Family, but if you want to get your BF's photos from the parks, you will need them to be part of your Friends & Family.

Just booked our hotel for the weekend. Decided to try an apartment at Old Key West - haven't been ere since 1996 when it was still Dixie Landings (and I was 5!) still 200 odd days away but hard not to get excited when the hotel is booked!

I actually booked Pop before we could even sign up for the races, I wanted to make sure we didn't have to scramble. BUT we're keeping an eye out for discounts, because we will either get that applied or switch up to a moderate, which I've never done...ha! Having the hotel makes it "real"...now for the airfare, that seals the deal!:rotfl:

I booked Art of Animation Little Mermaid before registration opened up and then wound up switching to Port Orleans Riverside earlier this month since it was actually a better rate. My window to book ADR slots opens up next month. Where to eat, where to eat?

I booked Art of Animation Little Mermaid before registration opened up and then wound up switching to Port Orleans Riverside earlier this month since it was actually a better rate. My window to book ADR slots opens up next month. Where to eat, where to eat?

Oh wow... that's right. Our windows open next month. SO SOON! As to where to eat, there are so many excellent choices. I'd recommend checking out the menus for the restaurants here: http://allears.net/dining/menu

Some of my favorites are:

California Grill (so hoping they have the brunch option while we are there)
Boma
50s Prime Time
Be Our Guest (for the ambiance - food is just ok)
Kona Cafe

For the race photos, they don't need to be part of your Friends & Family, but if you want to get your BF's photos from the parks, you will need them to be part of your Friends & Family.

What they said! LOL! ;)

We haven't booked our hotel yet. Maybe someday they'll release the military discount and then we'll book. If not, I'll probably just book a cheap room only or something right before ADRs and switch when they release the military discount. I am not sure if we'll stay at a Port Orleans resort again or try somewhere else.

We booked just after SWDS registration day at CBR. I've called both WDW resorts and runDisney twice, once when booking and more recently, to see if there were discounts or if they were going to be any. No such luck as I believe they know that with runs involved folks like us will book up the rooms at any price to be close to the action, convenience of transportation, and hot showers afterward.
Now I'm just hoping that my son and his gf can find a room, let alone reasonably priced or they'll end up with us. Not so bad until you consider DH and DS both snore!

We booked just after SWDS registration day at CBR. I've called both WDW resorts and runDisney twice, once when booking and more recently, to see if there were discounts or if they were going to be any. No such luck as I believe they know that with runs involved folks like us will book up the rooms at any price to be close to the action, convenience of transportation, and hot showers afterward.
Now I'm just hoping that my son and his gf can find a room, let alone reasonably priced or they'll end up with us. Not so bad until you consider DH and DS both snore!

I have not found any race specific discounts for rooms. I think they have pretty much stopped doing them. They have not released the general discounts for that timeframe, though (discounts were only out through Christmas last I looked), so keep checking. That being said, SWDS falls pretty much in the high traffic spring break timeframe so I wouldn't expect much. The other thing you could do is check with travel agents and see if any have a discounted block for that time. That's how I got my discounted room for Marathon Weekend.

I have not found any race specific discounts for rooms. I think they have pretty much stopped doing them. They have not released the general discounts for that timeframe, though (discounts were only out through Christmas last I looked), so keep checking. That being said, SWDS falls pretty much in the high traffic spring break timeframe so I wouldn't expect much. The other thing you could do is check with travel agents and see if any have a discounted block for that time. That's how I got my discounted room for Marathon Weekend.

Pretty much why we booked already (and that I have a serious planning problem and need to have ALL THE THINGS planned). We wanted to make sure we got the resort we wanted for the dates we wanted given the time of year.

Yep Travel Agents have blocks of rooms with discounts available as my TA friend was telling me they do. Room rates are higher before race weekend due to Easter so to save a bit we are going Wed-Thur versus our typical Tue-Wed

We're already booked at All-Star Sports but have no plane tickets yet. We don't do any ADRs, so don't worry about that.

Yes, I noticed this SWDS was directly after Easter weekend, and my sister-in-law is an agent who has rooms available for lesser rates but starting on Saturday. Up until then Disney still considers its crowds part of the Easter throng and the rooms she has are only slightly lesser then Disney rates. So even travel agents aren't seeing much of a discount. Not to mention she said we would have to check out and check back in (with risk of having to move rooms) to get the different rates she has available. Not wanting to do that after getting up so early two mornings in a row, (and in line for a third morning), wanting to just shower, eat, and nap- the thought of having to pack up, move, and unpack again was not the least bit appealing what so ever. I told her to forget it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter