Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

... I really think you should be able to register yourself and one other person...
That would be great! I was able to get registered for me and husband for the 1/2 through DVC. Yeah! We did the SW 10K last year it was fun. Not the getting up at 4:30am part :)

runDisney tweeted that early spots for the Rebel Challenge and the Kids Races are gone. The tweet is about 7 minutes old.

Dang it! I've got to register 3 kids....there was no way I would have gotten them all in and not sure if I'll be able to when it goes public....better have extra hands on deck that day.

Got DD signed up for the kids races but it didn't give me an option to buy the pins, only the ears. Is there a way I can go back in for the pins?

RC finally switched from ON HOLD to SOLD OUT. Bummer.
Updates are a bit faster on their Twitter if you (or anyone else) want to maybe go bookmark them there for future event registrations. They updated the RC and kids races as sold out back at 12:39.

So stressful. I was planning on going with a TA for the first time, but they hadn't received their prices/confirmation from rD. So I got on trying to get 2 RC, 1 10K, and 5 5K. Wasn't feeling too good about that! I couldn't get the AP link working for some reason, but the DVC one did. First got RC for me, then saw "ON HOLD" when I tried to get the one for my sister. Managed to get the 10K for DS (his first!), and then EVERYTHING was reading "ON HOLD" except the 1/2. I realized on my own that refreshing the page sometimes made something open up, so I kept doing that and managed to get all 5 of the 5Ks I wanted. The one thing I wasn't able to get was the other RC. :( I guess I'll either try with the masses on 6/16, or try the TA again for this one.

SO RIDICULOUS THAT YOU CAN'T REGISTER MULTIPLE PEOPLE AT ONCE!!! I do it for every other race through Active. SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!

ETA: Also, it was not at all clear to me at first (in the frenzy!!), that I had to log out of my Active account in order to register another ADULT -- kids were fine. This was different than last year and cost me precious time! Grrr...

End rant. For now... ;)

Last edited:

I don't feel like dealing with the general masses so I called Get Sports and got my RC registration done that way. Had to book at least a 3 Night Stay + 1 Day Ticket but seeing as we need 7 Nights at the Hotel, works for me!
Hmmm... last I checked with Acclaim (yesterday!), they hadn't heard from runD re: their block...

What is the cancellation policy like with Get Sports? They were the other one I was considering, but haven't talked to anyone over there yet...

So jealous of everyone that got registered!!!! My annual pass is expired and I won't be getting another until August, so I'm in with the masses at this point. Hoping Acclaim will work out their issues soon and I can still get our bibs before the 16th!
Last year, I signed up for the Rebel Challenge with Acclaim Travel the day before general registration opened up.

After debating about whether or not I really wanted to do the Rebel Challenge again, in the end I decided that I'm more likely to regret passing on the Rebel Challenge since I was already doing the 1/2. I kept refreshing before 9:00am and was in around 9:01 according to my computer with smooth sailing. May the Force be with everyone waiting for general spots in 2 weeks or travel agents.

Hmmm... last I checked with Acclaim (yesterday!), they hadn't heard from runD re: their block...

What is the cancellation policy like with Get Sports? They were the other one I was considering, but haven't talked to anyone over there yet...
Just FYI for anyone else who might be considering Get Sports at this point... I was told they were sold out of RCs and were making a waiting list.

Can someone who registered themselves and another person tell what they had to do to register the 2nd (adult) person? Apparently they took away the option to register another person directly from the completed registration page for yourself?

Interesting about the multiple sign-ups for races. Everything I've seen on Active is limited to one per person.

Can someone who registered themselves and another person tell what they had to do to register the 2nd (adult) person? Apparently they took away the option to register another person directly from the completed registration page for yourself?

I had to sign out of my active account, and into the active account for my sister in order to register her. Had to sign out of that one and create an active account for DH in order to register him. It's no wonder that I didn't have time to get that one last race. :(

Knowing this now, I'd have accounts already created for each adult, at least, so that their info is already populated when you sign into their account and try to register them.

Interesting about the multiple sign-ups for races. Everything I've seen on Active is limited to one per person.
Yup. I've done this for many a 5K through Active. You just keep clicking "register another person", and voilà. Couldn't be easier. Don't understand why this doesn't work with rD races.

So stressful. I was planning on going with a TA for the first time, but they hadn't received their prices/confirmation from rD. So I got on trying to get 2 RC, 1 10K, and 5 5K. Wasn't feeling too good about that! I couldn't get the AP link working for some reason, but the DVC one did. First got RC for me, then saw "ON HOLD" when I tried to get the one for my sister. Managed to get the 10K for DS (his first!), and then EVERYTHING was reading "ON HOLD" except the 1/2. I realized on my own that refreshing the page sometimes made something open up, so I kept doing that and managed to get all 5 of the 5Ks I wanted. The one thing I wasn't able to get was the other RC. :( I guess I'll either try with the masses on 6/16, or try the TA again for this one.

SO RIDICULOUS THAT YOU CAN'T REGISTER MULTIPLE PEOPLE AT ONCE!!! I do it for every other race through Active. SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!

ETA: Also, it was not at all clear to me at first 9in the frenzy!!), that I had to log out of my Active account in order to register another ADULT -- kids were fine. This was different than last year and cost me precious time! Grrr...

End rant. For now... ;)

I'm impressed you got 5 5k's, 1 RC and a 10K all by yourself!! Thats actually pretty impressive! Good luck getting that last RC!

I'm impressed you got 5 5k's, 1 RC and a 10K all by yourself!! Thats actually pretty impressive! Good luck getting that last RC!
Thanks so much!! I did get a migraine out of the whole thing, though!!! I'd still do it again... just knowing about the separate Active accounts for each adult, and that might have been just the time I needed for the last RC!! Oh, well... fingers crossed for 6/16! :)

I sure wish they'd show us what the jacket looks like

I wish they would show us what *everything* looks like. Drives me batty.

I couldn't find a log out button for active, so I cleared cookies, cache and history really quickly (I do this all the time so it didn't take much time at all) and then went back in to register DH.

Got DD signed up for the kids races but it didn't give me an option to buy the pins, only the ears. Is there a way I can go back in for the pins?

Yes. Go to "My events" and it should bring you to a link that allows you to purchase merchandise and/or edit your registration details.

Yes. Go to "My events" and it should bring you to a link that allows you to purchase merchandise and/or edit your registration details.
Thanks!
Just tried it and unfortunately it wont work since DD is under 18 you cant do anything with their registration. I'll just wait and add it through my RC reg once that one is completed. Hopefully they dont sell out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter