Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

So jealous of everyone that got registered!!!! My annual pass is expired and I won't be getting another until August, so I'm in with the masses at this point. Hoping Acclaim will work out their issues soon and I can still get our bibs before the 16th!

Would say that they have reached capacity
I think you are right. They are all on hold now, except the half. Crazy. Six minutes. The page says, "If a category shows “ON HOLD”, time for a deep breath. There’s a chance it could become available again." Which I think means I get to fight the general masses for a RC slot. Bummer.

Wheee!

In order, did the 10K for me, 5K for DS (because I could sign him up while inside my active account), then had to clear cookies as I couldn't see how to log out of my active account, and then had to rush rush to get DH into the 5K! Whew!

ARGH! I got in and registered but when I went back to register my partner, it had all closed again! The stress!!

I don't feel like dealing with the general masses so I called Get Sports and got my RC registration done that way. Had to book at least a 3 Night Stay + 1 Day Ticket but seeing as we need 7 Nights at the Hotel, works for me!

Don't stop trying if you don't get in.....I kept refreshing and I was able to get myself in for the 10k. YAY!!!!

Kids Races are still on hold though

It is SUPER annoying that you cannot register a spouse with yourself. It worked out for us with only the Half, but I am sure I would have only gotten one complete registration if I was trying for the challenge. DH is a teacher, so it's not like he can be logging in at registration time... I really think you should be able to register yourself and one other person...

I kept refreshing to see when everything was listed as "on hold." Rebel challenge (10k Sat/half Sun) sold out in 7 minutes, Kids races in 9 minutes, 10k in 12 mins and 5k in 16 mins.

5k and 10k came back up momentarily and was "on hold" again.

Last edited:
They all re-opened, and have been put back on hold. Not sure how long they were re-opened though since I jumped on it and registered for the RC. By the time I was done they were on hold again.

Somehow, I talked myself into registering for the half again. Since I'm already training for the Disneyland Half, and because there is still availability, I think I'm going to sign up for the Avengers Half as well and make it a trifecta. RunDisney really is a disease and I've got it bad.

It seems to be every 10 minutes give or take a few that they put it on hold - i registered myself and then tried to register my sister and it said on hold. We figured out that on hold didn't mean SOLD OUT, a few minutes later the various runs were changing which were on hold and then open again. We got both of us registered for the 10K. so keep trying

I am in!!
Me = RC
Hubby = 5K
Kiddo = kid race
I bought the pin package and merchandise package as well -- i saw the jacket in there as well.....not sure if I need one though, might go back after general registration opens up to see if it sells out.
Does anyone have a picture of the one from this year?

runDisney tweeted that early spots for the Rebel Challenge and the Kids Races are gone. The tweet is about 7 minutes old.

I don't think I've ever seen any race registration that allows you to sign up more than one person for a race.

Active does for their non-Disney races. There is always an add another registration option before you pay. I don't think provides any benefit to runDisney, and they don't want too many slots taken by one person, so they won't offer it, I'm sure. Sigh.

Active does for their non-Disney races. There is always an add another registration option before you pay. I don't think provides any benefit to runDisney, and they don't want too many slots taken by one person, so they won't offer it, I'm sure. Sigh.
They used to offer it! I think they've taken it away within the past year or so - it definitely used to be a thing because I used that to sign my husband up for the JJ5K in 2013 after signing myself up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter