• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Money's tight so I haven't bought Galactic Night ticket. This would be awesome to see especially if it's interactive or moves around and makes noise at least. One of the mysteries in Star Wars is how BB-8 and Rey talk when Rey is from a world without a ton of Droids.
The audio commentary explains that Rey is very resourceful, intelligent and picked up droid speak as one of many survival skills during her time on Jakku.

In case anyone is interested, the guided tour is now available to book in April. I booked mine for the 24th today. I already planned on doing the dessert party and figured that the guided tour offers substantially more for not much more than just the dessert party.

The audio commentary explains that Rey is very resourceful, intelligent and picked up droid speak as one of many survival skills during her time on Jakku.

In case anyone is interested, the guided tour is now available to book in April. I booked mine for the 24th today. I already planned on doing the dessert party and figured that the guided tour offers substantially more for not much more than just the dessert party.
Yay! I can't wait for the guided tour to open for May. I feel like it's going to be worth it to just get to sleep in on that day and not worry about rushing for Jedi training (also had planned to do dessert party anyway). We are driving from Minnesota. So the rest that first day will be nice.

Oh, she does! She loves her job. She's met some terrific guests. But she loves sharing the 'bad' stories with me. We've seen such horrible guest behaviour when we were guests that it amazes her to see it from a CM point of view!!
I figure it was a local AP holder. She (the guest) evidently mentioned they couldn't get FPs like regular guests! Well, I believe it's 30 days out if you don't have a resort reservation, right? Silly woman.
Well, while I know that there are lots of benefits for buying the AP, it does NOT mean you get to just waltz in and do whatever you want with no planning ahead. If that's what you want to do, I think you need to just rent out the whole park for the evening... :)

ETA: I've one AP holder who is VERY appreciative to CMs...I could NOT do what they do, even as much as I love all things Disney. CMs Rock!!

I have a few questions. I reserved the Star Wars dessert party for April 19th. It says my reservation is for 7:45pm but the show isn't until 9pm that day. Does that mean we will be inside the dessert party for over an hour? What all is there to do for that long? Do I need to be there before 7:45 or can I get there right at that time? Also, I have a FP+ for TOT at 7:15 will I be able to ride that and make it in time to check into the dessert party? Thanks for anyone that can help answer my questions.

I have a few questions. I reserved the Star Wars dessert party for April 19th. It says my reservation is for 7:45pm but the show isn't until 9pm that day. Does that mean we will be inside the dessert party for over an hour? What all is there to do for that long? Do I need to be there before 7:45 or can I get there right at that time? Also, I have a FP+ for TOT at 7:15 will I be able to ride that and make it in time to check into the dessert party? Thanks for anyone that can help answer my questions.
actually the dessert party area is set to be ready and more often than not, opens 15 minutes before the scheduled time, so 7:30pm would be your time, while there's no need to be there that early some people like to be there to grab a table and take their time eating, others enjoy the dessert and do Launch Bay meet and greets. They do walk you outside for the SWaGS viewing area 15 to 20 minutes before the show, so in reality you only get 1 hour to an hour and 15 at the actual dessert party area.

Well, while I know that there are lots of benefits for buying the AP, it does NOT mean you get to just waltz in and do whatever you want with no planning ahead. If that's what you want to do, I think you need to just rent out the whole park for the evening... :)

ETA: I've one AP holder who is VERY appreciative to CMs...I could NOT do what they do, even as much as I love all things Disney. CMs Rock!!
I know, right?? Some people! But, I thank you for being so appreciative of CMs. We've always tried to be courteous and pleasant...now with dd on the other side, it takes on all new meaning. But, she has met some wonderful guests while working Jedi Training!!!!

I saw that Jedi Training is going to be open during the Galactic Nights event. Jedi Training is the only reason I would need a second day at DHS. I wonder how the kids will sign up- will it be like it is in the AM or different since it's a night event. Anyone have any idea or info?
Thanks!

Can someone please post a link (or a page number!) to a review of the Star Wars Guided Tour written by someone who attended? I would be very appreciative!

Am thinking about doing Two spectaculars in one night possibly on Easter. One of them is Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at 9 PM. To help speed my way to Magic Kingdom for a 10 PM Wishes, Where should I position myself? Should I position myself to get the best view of the projections or right by the exit? It's tight timewise, but would rather do two days at WDW than one day and Galactic Spectacular.

I saw that Jedi Training is going to be open during the Galactic Nights event. Jedi Training is the only reason I would need a second day at DHS. I wonder how the kids will sign up- will it be like it is in the AM or different since it's a night event. Anyone have any idea or info?
Thanks!
I've asked my dd....not sure she will know. Seems the CMs get the info late. Will let you know if she knows anything.

Some additional description on the BB8 meet:

"Guests visiting the Launch Bay will find themselves inside an access corridor, leading into a docking bay where BB-8 awaits their arrival aboard a Resistance freighter. The lovable droid monitors the security cameras, scanning the arriving Guests for clearance as they pose for documentation."

Some additional description on the BB8 meet:

"Guests visiting the Launch Bay will find themselves inside an access corridor, leading into a docking bay where BB-8 awaits their arrival aboard a Resistance freighter. The lovable droid monitors the security cameras, scanning the arriving Guests for clearance as they pose for documentation."
So not a moving drioid but the head will move is what I'm getting it of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter