**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

If you're wondering whether or not there will be a SW dessert party, don't. If SWaGS is scheduled, so will a dessert party, trust me.
I figured there would be one, I just want it to post so I can be done planning the trip! It's Star Wars Darkside weekend - so I figured there will be something!

I figured there would be one, I just want it to post so I can be done planning the trip! It's Star Wars Darkside weekend - so I figured there will be something!

I'm the same way. I always figured there would be a party on the night I want but am so ready to get the booking done and get it checked off the list.

Star Wars Dessert party tickets are now available for April! I just got mine for April 24!!!!! So excited. Although 2 people were showing no availability but a party of 3 was, so we included an infant. But we got it! That will be perfect to go along with the Star Wars Half Marathon from the previous day!

Star Wars Dessert party tickets are now available for April! I just got mine for April 24!!!!! So excited. Although 2 people were showing no availability but a party of 3 was, so we included an infant. But we got it! That will be perfect to go along with the Star Wars Half Marathon from the previous day!

Thanks! Could not find availability for 4 on the 11th or 12th, but ended up rearranging things for the 8th.

FastPass and dessert party booked - now I can stop stalking the site! We are going the night of the half :)

Booked my dessert party for the evening after the Dark Side Half. I hope to "upgrade" it to the guided tour, but until such time as that becomes available, I know that I have the dessert party.

oh i'm so jealous of the BB8 meet!!!

we went to the dessert party on 02/04. we showed up ~15 minutes before official start time and it already felt like a madhouse inside. not a big deal, but i was surprised by how many people there were! my only real complaint was that i was using a wheelchair that evening due to some pregnancy related issues (this trip was booked well before i became pregnant) and all the wheelchair accessible (aka low) tables were already fully camped out by people who did not have accessibility issues and none seemed interested in moving. it ended up okay because by the time we'd gathered our snacks, one of the low tables had been cleared off so we were able to hang out there. i absolutely could not have done the party without the wheelchair/somewhere to sit, though....so while i felt extremely awkward i was glad i had it!

the food selection was so much better than other WDW parties we've attended in the past. the savory options were so very much appreciated! i obviously didn't have any alcohol, but my SO had one drink and said it was good (and strong). the sweets all seemed much more handmade/crafted than other dessert party faire....which was a good thing.

after our snacks, we wandered around the launch bay and met chewbacca with essentially no wait. we then encountered a jawa who made a trade with our 3 (now 4 a week later!) year old.....it was VERY fun/funny.

we decided to go to the viewing area a little early so that we weren't arriving last minute and being put in the front with the wheelchair...it just seemed rude? i just felt very self-conscious about it. on the way, we ran into a couple of storm troopers who interacted with our kiddo....which he LOVED. got to the viewing section and the attendants there were SO incredibly nice and helpful. they got us situated, brought us bottles of water and our chewy steins. kiddo sat on my lap while husband sat on the ground next to me.

show was great/fun. glad we'd remembered to bring sound dampening headphones for the kiddo....it was the first fireworks displayed he actually enjoyed ever.

husband who has been very unimpressed by dessert parties in the past and had to be talked into this one (he's fine with star wars but not a superfan or anything) ended up having a great time and said it was 100% worth it and has even recommended it to friends who are visiting WDW later this year.

we showed up ~15 minutes before official start time and it already felt like a madhouse inside. not a big deal, but i was surprised by how many people there were!
This may explain why. Unless there is a catering or equipment issue, the party always begins 15 minutes before the advertised time. And if there was a SW tour that day, those up to 40 guests are allowed in before that.

As for the low table issue, they're specifically for guests in a WC or ECV. For anyone attending in the future who runs into the same issue, mention it to a CM so that they can remedy it.

My CM dd texted me last night to share a guest experience with me. I immediately thought of this thread and the experienced folks on it. So, had to share with you all. Dd was working JTA sign-ups around 3pm. A woman walked up and asked if they were full. Yes, dd answered (wanted to add that it was 3:00, what do you expect!!))). So, the woman asks how to sign up...dd tells her that you have to get there super early in the day. The woman says 'Well, we're passholders and we never get here until the afternoon! Does that mean we can't do it?' Dd explained that they fill up by 10am, on most mornings. The guest's response? 'So, because we're not stupid, and we don't come to the park until later, we can't do it??!! Just add that to the list of things that passholders can't do.'
Man....I know that my dd realizes that not everyone knows, prior to arriving, how it works. But, she sure does appreciate the guests that come to threads like this and figure it out...rather than yelling at her because they didn't do any research!!!
So, thanks for all that info you're handing out here!!!! The CMs do appreciate a well informed guest!

My CM dd texted me last night to share a guest experience with me. I immediately thought of this thread and the experienced folks on it. So, had to share with you all. Dd was working JTA sign-ups around 3pm. A woman walked up and asked if they were full. Yes, dd answered (wanted to add that it was 3:00, what do you expect!!))). So, the woman asks how to sign up...dd tells her that you have to get there super early in the day. The woman says 'Well, we're passholders and we never get here until the afternoon! Does that mean we can't do it?' Dd explained that they fill up by 10am, on most mornings. The guest's response? 'So, because we're not stupid, and we don't come to the park until later, we can't do it??!! Just add that to the list of things that passholders can't do.'
Man....I know that my dd realizes that not everyone knows, prior to arriving, how it works. But, she sure does appreciate the guests that come to threads like this and figure it out...rather than yelling at her because they didn't do any research!!!
So, thanks for all that info you're handing out here!!!! The CMs do appreciate a well informed guest!
and guests like this one give other Apholders a bad rap. I'm sure your DD has tons of stories like this one, hopefully she also has happy stories to balance it out

and guests like this one give other Apholders a bad rap. I'm sure your DD has tons of stories like this one, hopefully she also has happy stories to balance it out
Oh, she does! She loves her job. She's met some terrific guests. But she loves sharing the 'bad' stories with me. We've seen such horrible guest behaviour when we were guests that it amazes her to see it from a CM point of view!!
I figure it was a local AP holder. She (the guest) evidently mentioned they couldn't get FPs like regular guests! Well, I believe it's 30 days out if you don't have a resort reservation, right? Silly woman.

I have a couple of questions regarding the reserved viewing area for the SW guided tour. I've read a couple of reviews of the tour but none of them seem to answer the questions I have so I was hoping you guys could help me please :D

Is the reserved area roped off all day for the stage shows or just for the particular show that the tour are watching? And is it the same time show that they watch every time that the tour is on e.g. it's always the 3:30pm SWAGFFA? (I don't think that's the exact time but I'm just using it as an example).

Asking because from the photos I've seen of the tour the reserved area seems to be the exact place we stood for both shows last year for free and we want to plan around it because unfortunately our full DHS is a Saturday as we were hoping to do EMM there but they don't seem to be doing it now and we can't change days.

I have a couple of questions regarding the reserved viewing area for the SW guided tour. I've read a couple of reviews of the tour but none of them seem to answer the questions I have so I was hoping you guys could help me please :D

Is the reserved area roped off all day for the stage shows or just for the particular show that the tour are watching? And is it the same time show that they watch every time that the tour is on e.g. it's always the 3:30pm SWAGFFA? (I don't think that's the exact time but I'm just using it as an example).

Asking because from the photos I've seen of the tour the reserved area seems to be the exact place we stood for both shows last year for free and we want to plan around it because unfortunately our full DHS is a Saturday as we were hoping to do EMM there but they don't seem to be doing it now and we can't change days.
There's a set schedule to do things on the tour but I'm not sure exactly at what time they do them

I have looked into dessert parties before as my wife loves the fireworks shows but based on reviews and prices I always decided against it. Since we are going back to DHS for the first time in 13 years, I decided to look into the Star Wars one as I am a huge SW fanatic. Thanks to the reviews posted on this thread I decided to book one for March 12th. Thanks guys for the reviews & info. I am looking forward to this & my wife is trilled we are finally doing a dessert party.

I have looked into dessert parties before as my wife loves the fireworks shows but based on reviews and prices I always decided against it. Since we are going back to DHS for the first time in 13 years, I decided to look into the Star Wars one as I am a huge SW fanatic. Thanks to the reviews posted on this thread I decided to book one for March 12th. Thanks guys for the reviews & info. I am looking forward to this & my wife is trilled we are finally doing a dessert party.
I'm sure you will enjoy it

I guess they have not heard of first-come, first-serve. If all 200 spots are full by 10:00 am, there isn't anything the CM can do except recommend an arrival prior to that time. :sad2: Geez.

The woman says 'Well, we're passholders and we never get here until the afternoon! Does that mean we can't do it?' Dd explained that they fill up by 10am, on most mornings. The guest's response? 'So, because we're not stupid, and we don't come to the park until later, we can't do it??!! Just add that to the list of things that passholders can't do.'

Gotta love this attitude. Rather than thank your daughter for her insight, she says everyone else is unintelligent. Definitely makes me thankful for all the CMs who are helpful and the people on this thread who want to help us get these experiences lined up.

Do people on the Star Wars Tour get let in to the dessert party first, or is everyone let in at the same time?

Last edited:
Just got an email from WDW about SW Galactic Nights and it says:
"The official debut of BB8
Catch BB8 at Star Wars Launch Bay as he makes his character greeting debut"
So by the wording it seems he will start meeting during this event of April 14th

Money's tight so I haven't bought Galactic Night ticket. This would be awesome to see especially if it's interactive or moves around and makes noise at least. One of the mysteries in Star Wars is how BB-8 and Rey talk when Rey is from a world without a ton of Droids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter