• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Same! And that's what we did last year. Was nice to not only see all the topiaries before they start to come down or be moved, but we enjoyed sampling a few things at the food booths. It's not F&W, but pretty nice nonetheless. :)

It was also cool to go to Epcot AFTER F&G ended and see how quickly they remove the topiaries and flowers!!

Can you tell me if they do the VIP Tours on Sundays during SWW? And how far in advance can you book that, if they have it next year?

Can you tell me if they do the VIP Tours on Sundays during SWW? And how far in advance can you book that, if they have it next year?
The Ultimate Day at SWW VIP tour was offered every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during SWW. People who had done the tour in 2014 received an early email telling them that it would be available again for 2015, I believe people started getting that email around February...the official announcement came from the Disney Parks Blog in April.
Here's a review from one of our members
http://www.disboards.com/threads/our-experience-with-star-wars-wknd-vip-tour.3411712/

@yulilin3 Thanks for starting the thread up again. I kind of went through withdrawls these past few months after reading it multiple times each day in preperation for our May/June 2015 trip. We had such a great time that we decided almost immediately to start saving for a 2016 trip and hope to go for a span of time that would allow us to hit 2 different SWW (May 26-June 6 is our current thinking). I have to tell you, my family still talks about how I met "some lady" on the Internet and she was nice enough to save great seats for the weekend fireworks and gave us all sorts of great advice. I try to tell them it's not "some lady" it's Yulady!

@yulilin3 Thanks for starting the thread up again. I kind of went through withdrawls these past few months after reading it multiple times each day in preperation for our May/June 2015 trip. We had such a great time that we decided almost immediately to start saving for a 2016 trip and hope to go for a span of time that would allow us to hit 2 different SWW (May 26-June 6 is our current thinking). I have to tell you, my family still talks about how I met "some lady" on the Internet and she was nice enough to save great seats for the weekend fireworks and gave us all sorts of great advice. I try to tell them it's not "some lady" it's Yulady!
yeah withdrawals were rough...we loved meeting you and your awesome family. Can't wait for next year to do it all over again

hqdefault.jpg

Further inspection (cause I have nothing better to do) of this pic it looks like the trailer for Episode VII and maybe some behind the scenes will be shown inside ABC Sound Studios (old Sounds Dangerous)
And did you guys read about JTA having characters and a villain from Rebels during the show? I wonder if it'll be The Inquisitor?

DH and I guessed it would be the Inquisitor. Man, if people thought Ventress was scary, I don't think she has anything on the Inquisitor.

WOW 5 pages already, see what happens @yulilin3 when you start a thread, people wanna listen... You're better than E.F. Hutton :tongue:

My Fiance and I have decided to shoot for what we think will be weekend 4/5 this year... (those of you that have heard me chat before know I have three trips to the world planned within 365 days so hitting up an annual pass) We have already booked reservations at AofA for June 7th to 13th 2016.

I mentioned in my first post on page one that the 501st and RL is all a buzz with the new news, they are also very excited that it is not just WDW but DL getting goodies as well! We also are chatting up how much Disney might pull things totally under their control and less and less outside involvement... at this point it is only speculations and people gossiping... I can tell you and do know 1st hand however that during this entire process (Disney/SW merge) a lot of 501st has continually been involved... INCLUDING some of the 501st / droid builders actually being hired and working on set of the new movie. So careful of the roamer mill on all accounts :)

That's when we plan to go. I hope the 501st is there for the parade, including you and the hubby (he will be DH by then, right?).

My family and I will be there for what I hope will be a SWW, June 10-19th. We did SWW in 2014 and the thread here on the boards was an amazing resource! Thanks to yulilin3, kenny, and all the contributors for the great info. Can't wait til June 2016!

As @yulilin3 mentioned, I will be running the SWW roll call thread for 2016. It will probably start in November, unless dates, meals, or packages are announced earlier this year. The roll call thread will be the place to go when you want to say when you are going or what you are doing. This will help keep this thread manageable. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, and hopefully, we can meet in person.

I'm happy the Osborne Lights would stay if they did (and the muppet area!) but I just can't see them keeping the Streets of America around... it's such a "dead" area in the park. (unless that's the future spot for "Marvel Land"! :D
I really hope Osborne lights stay.The big rumor is that they are moving them to Disney Springs of all places...Marvel Land would just be completely AWESOME!!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this was already posted, but I was looking through some Disney Visa perks and came across this. Is this a character meet and greet for the Launch Bay?

"Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet at our private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World® Resort starting early 2016 and the Disneyland® Resort starting Fall 2015" It goes on to say it will take place in DHS.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this was already posted, but I was looking through some Disney Visa perks and came across this. Is this a character meet and greet for the Launch Bay?

"Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet at our private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World® Resort starting early 2016 and the Disneyland® Resort starting Fall 2015" It goes on to say it will take place in DHS.
yeah, it looks like it will be inside Launch Bay. Link is posted on page 4. Here it is
https://disneyrewards.com/starwarscard/
I'll also post it in the misc. post on the front page

I'd really hate for HS to become the Star Wars and Toy Story park, as much as I may like both franchises. I hope they manage to keep the streets of America!

Also, weren't we supposed to learn the new HS name at D23? That didn't happen (although it could be the Star wars and toy story park).

I'd really hate for HS to become the Star Wars and Toy Story park, as much as I may like both franchises. I hope they manage to keep the streets of America!

Also, weren't we supposed to learn the new HS name at D23? That didn't happen (although it could be the Star wars and toy story park).
I remember reading SOMEWHERE in the frenzy of articles over the weekend that this would come closer to the new lands opening... Maybe at 2017 D23??

Last edited:
I really hope Osborne lights stay.The big rumor is that they are moving them to Disney Springs of all places...Marvel Land would just be completely AWESOME!!

Marvel is over at Islands of Adventure and they are about to do a huge upgrade of the whole land, starting with Hulk next month. Marvel isn't going to Disney World probably ever, see the new york times article (particularly the last paragraph) http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/b...ans-with-plans-for-star-wars-attractions.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter