**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

This is for anyone new to this thread:
We have done this thread for the past 5 years and have NEVER had it go negative or mean spirited. We are all like a little SWW family, we help each other out, we share experiences and we even meet at the parks.
We do post our thoughts about things that don't go so well, we complain here but we never bash or go mean.
That being said I love any and all questions, just because you think a question might be too dumb, or too extensive or out there, please ask away. This thread is to help you plan for you to have the BEST SW experience.
Every time new information gets out it will be updated on the first posts under the appropriate post so you don't have to go digging thru, what I'm sure will become, a very large thread.
Yay !
Super excited and thankful to see this thread !!!!!
And yes, I am greatful the past thread SWW 2015, was so helpful and absolutely positive !
Thanks @yulilin3 for starting & continuing with all the great information and May The Positive Posts Continue.
Looking forward to all the fun !

DH and I have had two different cards in the past. When I went to check about changing, there was a drop-down to select my name and a new card design, and then his name. :)

You can. When you go to the change your card design page the names of the cardholders are on the top. You just pick a name and pick the design for that person and do the same for the other one. Hope to see you again next year
The thread hasn't even been open for 24hrs & you guys have already helped me. :) New cards ordered!

Video of full announcement. I'm not including detailed information on the actual Star Wars Land in this thread because we know it'll take time for it to be completed. I would like to point out a couple of things from this video.
At minute 9 he clearly says that Season of the Force is "building on the success of Orlando's SWW" ,this leads me to believe that SWW will happen in 2016.
Also concept art for what Launch Bay will look like from the exterior

hqdefault.jpg

So, I read @kennythepirate 's blog about the map & layout & it got me thinking. Am I reading this layout wrong or is Star Wars Land pretty much going to go straight across the middle of the park in the majority of existing park space? That seems weird to me. Would you walk through it to get to Toy Story? I'm confused. I would have thought they would build a bulk of it in new land where they can have construction going on while still keeping the park functional. This picture just makes me question how that can work.

Oh Yuli, you are such a gift! Where would any of us be without all of your hard work!? :thanks:
i may not post much, but i am so excited to be following along this year! this'll be my first sww, room's already booked for (what i HOPE are) the first two weekends, and even though i've skimmed last year's thread, my goal is to finish the whole thing by the time NEXT may comes around- i really appreciate all the advice & help that everyone posted, and will definitely utilize everything i can next year.
i'm so excited!!!

Our last WDW day will be May 13th, so I'm REALLY hoping DH & DS can attend SWW. That's actually how I conned him into staying an extra day:rolleyes1 Looking forward to planning this for them. Thank you so much for organizing it.

Can you tell me more about the Disney Visa perks for SWW or post a link to last year's info on that? I have the card & want to make sure I use whatever perks I can get out out of it.

So glad to see this! Assuming the schedule follows previous years we will be in WDW for the last weekend of SWW next year. This will be our first time going for SWW and I can't wait!

Hooray! DH, DSIL and I are going to SWW 2016 - our first time ever! Depending on the schedule, we will be there for parts of 2 weekends. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on the board!
Welcome, I refer to ourselves as a little family, I might every once in a while throw in the word "dysfunctional" :D
New to this site....planning on going to what I hope to be weekend II of SWW in 2016. Thanks for all of the information. Hoping I can plan an amazing trip!
Welcome to the thread. Please fell free to ask any questions

Our last WDW day will be May 13th, so I'm REALLY hoping DH & DS can attend SWW. That's actually how I conned him into staying an extra day:rolleyes1 Looking forward to planning this for them. Thank you so much for organizing it.

Can you tell me more about the Disney Visa perks for SWW or post a link to last year's info on that? I have the card & want to make sure I use whatever perks I can get out out of it.
This is the first year that they are actually doing a true perk with the Disney Visa card. Last year you could use it on the regular merchandise discount and VIP experience discount. This year we have the SW designs and the meet and greet with Vader

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

Oh no!!! I don't post much but I had to comment. Great, now you made me change my card to Darth Vader...Hee hee. I am glad to see this thread again!
I picked Vader as well, I use to have a shirt that said Darth Mom with the Death Star in the background

The thread hasn't even been open for 24hrs & you guys have already helped me. :) New cards ordered!

So, I read @kennythepirate 's blog about the map & layout & it got me thinking. Am I reading this layout wrong or is Star Wars Land pretty much going to go straight across the middle of the park in the majority of existing park space? That seems weird to me. Would you walk through it to get to Toy Story? I'm confused. I would have thought they would build a bulk of it in new land where they can have construction going on while still keeping the park functional. This picture just makes me question how that can work.
From the Disney Parks Blog we know that Launch Bay will go in the Animation Courtyard (old Animation Bldg)
I expect SWLand to go on the left side of the park, that's why Indiana Jones has been rumored to be closing. It will cover all of Streets of America and that's why this is the last year of the Osborne Lights (rumored not confirmed yet)
It does look like something is going into the ABC Sound Studios building, for years there has been rumors that JTA would move in there so it could be indoors.
Toy Story Land would go on the right basically taking over the entire space where Backlot Tour used to be, in danger is LMA on that side
As far as construction obstructing the rest of the park I think it would be minimal. Launch Bay is already being worked on, ever since they closed the Animation Bldg.
Other than that they would wall up Streets of America, and leave the little trail going from Star Tours to Muppets to Mama Melrose (or close Muppets and Mama Melrose all together)
The truth is that the Studios will see a lot of walls all around for the next couple of years.

Last edited:
I'm in! We are hoping to hit that magic weekend where the end of F&G coincides with the beginning of SWW.
Same! And that's what we did last year. Was nice to not only see all the topiaries before they start to come down or be moved, but we enjoyed sampling a few things at the food booths. It's not F&W, but pretty nice nonetheless. :)

hqdefault.jpg

Further inspection (cause I have nothing better to do) of this pic it looks like the trailer for Episode VII and maybe some behind the scenes will be shown inside ABC Sound Studios (old Sounds Dangerous)
And did you guys read about JTA having characters and a villain from Rebels during the show? I wonder if it'll be The Inquisitor?

Added to the first page in the miscellaneous post a full playlist of all SWW videos I've taken. I think the earliest one is 2010.
Also added on the celebrities post a video of how to get a celeb fp
And to the character post a priority list of characters based on last year.
Just a reminder that at the end of this years SWW entertainment CM got an announcement that next year the Disney gang in SW costume would only meet at Jedi Mickey's dinner. Treat this as rumor until we get the announcement from Disney.
Hoping next year we get a meet and greet with the Rebels characters

I forgot I didn't finish the video, so I just did. I am torn now. There are really two reasons I haven't been set on SWW 2016 - anticipated crowds with the new film and a desire to take ODS to DL. Now that I see the Season of Force, DL is looking even better. In a perfect world, we'd do both! Haha! In reality, even one is going to be tricky since I have to work around ODS's school, my parents vacation schedule (to watch YDS since DH will still have to work), and a 10th anniversary trip with DH. Heavens. Life is so hard. :D

@yulilin3 thanks for starting this thread early! Looking forward to reading your blog!
Thanks for following along again. Started the blog and have 2 posts.
Going this weekend to the parks to start taking pictures of any construction walls
If there's anything in particular you guys want to see in the blog let me know.
I was thinking of opening up a forums page there as well. Ideas are welcomed as I have no clue what I'm doing

From the Disney Parks Blog we know that Launch Bay will go in the Animation Courtyard (old Animation Bldg)
I expect SWLand to go on the left side of the park, that's why Indiana Jones has been rumored to be closing. It will cover all of Streets of America and that's why this is the last year of the Osborne Lights (rumored not confirmed yet)
It does look like something is going into the ABC Sound Studios building, for years there has been rumors that JTA would move in there so it could be indoors.
Toy Story Land would go on the right basically taking over the entire space where Backlot Tour used to be, in danger is LMA on that side
As far as construction obstructing the rest of the park I think it would be minimal. Launch Bay is already being worked on, ever since they closed the Animation Bldg.
Other than that they would wall up Streets of America, and leave the little trail going from Star Tours to Muppets to Mama Melrose (or close Muppets and Mama Melrose all together)
The truth is that the Studios will see a lot of walls all around for the next couple of years.
Just seems weird to me that SW stuff will be spread all over the park rather than in 1 SW Land area. You'd think they'd want to group it together to allow for other non-SW additions later in the areas outside of SW Land.

hqdefault.jpg

Further inspection (cause I have nothing better to do) of this pic it looks like the trailer for Episode VII and maybe some behind the scenes will be shown inside ABC Sound Studios (old Sounds Dangerous)
And did you guys read about JTA having characters and a villain from Rebels during the show? I wonder if it'll be The Inquisitor?
I saw the information card with that info. Very exciting. I'd have to guess it would be the Inquisitor. Does JTA end at age 11 or 12? Wondering if DS has 1 more year to do it.

Thanks for following along again. Started the blog and have 2 posts.
Going this weekend to the parks to start taking pictures of any construction walls
If there's anything in particular you guys want to see in the blog let me know.
I was thinking of opening up a forums page there as well. Ideas are welcomed as I have no clue what I'm doing
Just a thought on the blog. I like what you are doing here this year with the organization. I think this will help a lot once we really get into things & I'd suggest that on the blog as well, something to make searching for particular bits of info easy. I don't know if it is possible but I'd also suggest something to keep check-ins separate from the info. For instance when we were all trying to reserve Rebel Hangar this year, there ended up being pages of people replying they were going. That's all great to know who is going to be there, but for people who weren't watching the thread continuously throughout the day I'm sure it was a nightmare to catch-up on & get the helpful information to get the reservations to begin with. Maybe somewhere to store little nuggets of info or for people to submit bits of info they receive. For instance last year I happened to be at the right place at the right time when the steins were restocked. That type of info doesn't warrant a blog post but it is very important info for those looking for the steins. That info I'm sure quickly got lost in the pages of posts on the single thread & many may have missed it. If you could organize it with a special area for breaking news or insider tips from on location or something that gives it a home that's easy to find. Just my thoughts. I know it will be great because you do such a wonderful job here.

Just seems weird to me that SW stuff will be spread all over the park rather than in 1 SW Land area. You'd think they'd want to group it together to allow for other non-SW additions later in the areas outside of SW Land.

I saw the information card with that info. Very exciting. I'd have to guess it would be the Inquisitor. Does JTA end at age 11 or 12? Wondering if DS has 1 more year to do it.

Just a thought on the blog. I like what you are doing here this year with the organization. I think this will help a lot once we really get into things & I'd suggest that on the blog as well, something to make searching for particular bits of info easy. I don't know if it is possible but I'd also suggest something to keep check-ins separate from the info. For instance when we were all trying to reserve Rebel Hangar this year, there ended up being pages of people replying they were going. That's all great to know who is going to be there, but for people who weren't watching the thread continuously throughout the day I'm sure it was a nightmare to catch-up on & get the helpful information to get the reservations to begin with. Maybe somewhere to store little nuggets of info or for people to submit bits of info they receive. For instance last year I happened to be at the right place at the right time when the steins were restocked. That type of info doesn't warrant a blog post but it is very important info for those looking for the steins. That info I'm sure quickly got lost in the pages of posts on the single thread & many may have missed it. If you could organize it with a special area for breaking news or insider tips from on location or something that gives it a home that's easy to find. Just my thoughts. I know it will be great because you do such a wonderful job here.
JTA is 4 to 12 so 12 year olds can still do it
I think that Launch Bay will be temporary while they build everything.After the actual land is open it'll just take over the left side of the park
As for people checking in there will be the Roll Call Thread opening later this year by a member of this thread (will allow that person to post t he news) and that would be the place to post when you are coming and what activities you are doing as to not saturate this thread with that information.
For the blog I'm going to open it up to all things WDW not just SWW but during the actual event I could have a page with last minute updates

Welcome, I refer to ourselves as a little family, I might every once in a while throw in the word "dysfunctional" :D

Welcome to the thread. Please fell free to ask any questions

This is the first year that they are actually doing a true perk with the Disney Visa card. Last year you could use it on the regular merchandise discount and VIP experience discount. This year we have the SW designs and the meet and greet with Vader

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

I picked Vader as well, I use to have a shirt that said Darth Mom with the Death Star in the background

That shirt sounds cool!

WOW 5 pages already, see what happens @yulilin3 when you start a thread, people wanna listen... You're better than E.F. Hutton :tongue:

My Fiance and I have decided to shoot for what we think will be weekend 4/5 this year... (those of you that have heard me chat before know I have three trips to the world planned within 365 days so hitting up an annual pass) We have already booked reservations at AofA for June 7th to 13th 2016.

I mentioned in my first post on page one that the 501st and RL is all a buzz with the new news, they are also very excited that it is not just WDW but DL getting goodies as well! We also are chatting up how much Disney might pull things totally under their control and less and less outside involvement... at this point it is only speculations and people gossiping... I can tell you and do know 1st hand however that during this entire process (Disney/SW merge) a lot of 501st has continually been involved... INCLUDING some of the 501st / droid builders actually being hired and working on set of the new movie. So careful of the roamer mill on all accounts :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter