Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

We have always stayed at one of the disney resorts-we are thinking of booking at SOG

I have read all the FAQ's but still have a few questions

Is the walk to the monrail to much for a 3 year old- will we need the stroller

Are the prices good compared to the value/mod resorts- may time frame

can you get the dining plan?

any issues with the tickets?

can you use the ticket/card to charge to your room?

1. Probably need a stroller, it is about a 10 minute walk for an adult.

2. Depending on your paygrade. For us (E6) it is compareable to a mod price, but the rooms are soooo much better than the mod resorts, and the location can't be beat!

3. No dining plan, sorry

4. & 5. the room keys are not the KTTW type cards that you use at Disney resorts. You will get a seperate paper ticket. So it also is not good for charging park merchendise to your room, if that is what you were asking. But the tickets are at a discounted price, and the line alot shorter than the park window in the morning!

Hi

We have always stayed at one of the disney resorts-we are thinking of booking at SOG

I have read all the FAQ's but still have a few questions

Is the walk to the monrail to much for a 3 year old- will we need the stroller

Are the prices good compared to the value/mod resorts- may time frame

can you get the dining plan?

any issues with the tickets?

can you use the ticket/card to charge to your room?

Is the walk too much for a 3 year old -- depends on your three year old. Does he/she normally walk for 15 minutes at a time? If so, the walk should be fine. If not, the stroller is a good idea. Of course, walking to the monorail to head to the parks, your toddler is likely to be wide awake. After a day in the Magic Kingdom, he/she will likely be either asleep or almost asleep. LOL! So you should think about the stroller unless you can carry him/her in your arms. :goodvibes

Prices compared to the mods -- SOG is less expensive overall than the moderates.

You cannot get the dining plan, but SOG has some plans, too, you can see on their site. They also have restaurants and room service at SOG that are very affordable so you could eat there and maybe have one or two special character meals or something at one of the parks, too.

We have never had any issues with buying tickets at SOG. You can buy the Stars and Stripes ones, or you can buy regular Disney World ones at a small discount.

No, you cannot charge stuff at Disney World to your SOG room card, and you will need both your room card and your Disney World ticket to use Extra Magic Hours as your room key is not also your park ticket like it is if you stay at a Disney resort.

Have a wonderful time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

one more question-can we use the transport from the airport- magical express--we ususally drive but with 2 small girls I am trying to talk DH into flying

one more question-can we use the transport from the airport- magical express--we ususally drive but with 2 small girls I am trying to talk DH into flying

First, you can use any window at the parks -- for Extra Magic Hours in the morning, they'll open up the gates and just ask people to see their room keys and tickets.

Then -- you cannot use Disney's Magical Express. You will either have to drive, rent a car at the airport, or use a transportation service (cab, limo, shuttle, etc.) so you can shop around and pick one that's best for your family. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Does anyone know if the parking issue has been resolved? First SoG were allowed to park free at parks. Then we were supposed to pay for parking. But there was some confusion. Some paid and others didn't have to. What is the status now. Do we pay for parking? Thanks

on these tickets if we get them at SOG or on a local base?? The information posted on here said plus tax so I was wondering if that is only if you get them at WDW:confused: Thanks

Has anyone had something shipped to SOG, like a case of water? Is it a problem and do they charge extra?

Does anyone know how often they wash and change the
comforters/bedspreads at SOG?? Most hotels only change them every 3-4 months!!! This totally grosses me out. Do you think it would to much to ask to have the bedspread and blanket changed?? But, then how do you know it is actually a freshly laundered one. I'm almost tempted to wash them myself, then I know they are clean. Is this going a little over board?

FIRENURSE

I feel your pain! I just try not to touch it...I roll them down immediately! !!! Think that it is dry...so bacteri can't really live on them very long! Door knows and your own childrens hands are probably much worse!!! :) Also just say a pprayer that they are clean and believe! works for me!

Does anyone know id the ticket deal applys to widows of retired military???? I am assunming so since they have the retired Military id???

There's a great description of the free/$99 ticket deal on Mousesavers:
http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixdiscounts.html#military
Retirees are included, as are Guard and Reserves activated any time since 1/1/08. Woo Hoo! :cool1:

Question: a few pages back, someone mentioned getting an email from SOG offering a 25% room discount for January. I know I've signed up at least twice for the SOG emails and I've never gotten one...I checked my junk folder, too. Can anyone fill in the details for me? Do you need the email to get the discount? I already have a reservation--maybe that's why they're not offering me a discount? Any additional info would be appreciated! Thanks! :goodvibes

Does anyone know id the ticket deal applys to widows of retired military???? I am assunming so since they have the retired Military id???

Mousesavers says,

"Entire party must be present at time of purchase, except that spouse and military dependants can receive the companion discount without the military service member being present, if they can show proper dependent military ID."

So I would assume this would cover widows. :thumbsup2

We shipped a large bike trailer-stroller there with no problems. We just ensured we had our name and confirmation # on the package.

Does anyone know how often they wash and change the
comforters/bedspreads at SOG?? Most hotels only change them every 3-4 months!!! This totally grosses me out. Do you think it would to much to ask to have the bedspread and blanket changed?? But, then how do you know it is actually a freshly laundered one. I'm almost tempted to wash them myself, then I know they are clean. Is this going a little over board?

FIRENURSE

That's exactly my solution to the problem the next time we go. I figure for about $2 each I can have a freshly laundered comforter. I guess the other thing to do is take ( or request from housekeeping) 2 flat sheets per bed, and sandwich the comforter in between them like they do at most upscale hotels these days. Think Heavenly Bed. We always stay in the older section overlooking the Magnolia pool, so that bedding has definitely seen better days.

Did everyone get the email about 25% room discounts during Jan?
I called this morning and booked, got $86 a night!

Just to save anyone else the trouble...
I hadn't received this email, but I just called SOG and asked about it. It had to be booked by some date already passed (2 Jan, maybe?). So the discount is no longer available to book. I guess that's what I get for not reading the DIS every day during the holidays! :sad2:

Sorry to double post, I forgot to ask a question...

What's the latest on parking at the Parks? The last I heard, SOG policy said you have to pay to park at the Parks, but Disney CMs didn't always charge people. Does anyone have recent experience to share? Thanks!

OT -- but thought this the best thread to find out. How many Disers are visiting SoG at the end of Feb. 09? We will be there from Feb 19 to March 2!!!:banana: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter