Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with someone from the Executive offices at WDW and she said that SOG guests should not be paying to park at any of the parks. If you have paid to park and you still have the parking tickets then mail them in and they will issue a refund. She also said that if a CM does not allow you to park for free with your SOG placard or room key then write down the name of the CM and send it in as well. She apologized profusely and said that it was unacceptable that the guests of SOG were being charged to park at the parks and that they are going to be re-training the CM's to let them know that they are not to charge us. :woohoo:

We stayed at SOG from June 20 to July 2. We rented a car and drove to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We were not asked to pay to park one time during our trip. We were prepared to pay since I had been told by SOG that we would be required to pay to park. I just wanted to share our experience with everyone. Every CM waved us through when they saw our SOG parking tag.

This is great news. We're heading to SOG next month, and three of the families in my group will have cars to use. I hated the thought of spending the extra on parking.

I just got off the phone with someone from the Executive offices at WDW and she said that SOG guests should not be paying to park at any of the parks.

Great news! Thanks to you, traviesojmt and all the others for keeping us "up to date" on the parking fee/no fee situation. Just curious, abarnold, did you call to complain about the parking or did you just call for an update?

Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Oh what great news about the parking!!! We were beginning to wonder if it'd be cheaper to just get a cab, but I wanted the convenience of having a car!! :cool1: Thanks so much!

Great news! Thanks to you, traviesojmt and all the others for keeping us "up to date" on the parking fee/no fee situation. Just curious, abarnold, did you call to complain about the parking or did you just call for an update?

Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Actually I sent a polite email telling them that I was disappointed in the way that they continued to take away perks from the guests at SOG, how because of the soldiers- that is why they have the rights to own the company that they do and that I don't think it's fair for them to continue to nickel and dime the servicemen and women that need to spend at least 3 months salary to give their families the vacation that they deserve etc.... (I know this doesn't apply to everyone staying there- but I wanted to get the point across of that of a lower enlisted family). She responded with her direct office number and I called her today but got her answering machine- but she returned the call within 10 minutes. She was so sweet and answered all the questions that I had. She also said that they hadn't gotten too many emails about this problem so she thought it was an occasional thing that had been fixed. She was very upset to find out that it hadn't and assured me that it would be right away.

Actually I sent a polite email telling them that I was disappointed in the way that they continued to take away perks from the guests at SOG, how because of the soldiers- that is why they have the rights to own the company that they do and that I don't think it's fair for them to continue to nickel and dime the servicemen and women that need to spend at least 3 months salary to give their families the vacation that they deserve etc.... (I know this doesn't apply to everyone staying there- but I wanted to get the point across of that of a lower enlisted family). She responded with her direct office number and I called her today but got her answering machine- but she returned the call within 10 minutes. She was so sweet and answered all the questions that I had. She also said that they hadn't gotten too many emails about this problem so she thought it was an occasional thing that had been fixed. She was very upset to find out that it hadn't and assured me that it would be right away.

Good job! We also sent an email to Disney asking them to reconsider charging SOG guests to park and they did respond. ( I posted their response a few pages back...) Good to know that they read and respond.

I am so pleased that Disney has changed their policy back to the way it was.

I am glad to hear about the response to the parking situation:thumbsup2 We have an annual pass, but that was really bugging me! With the parking charge at the resort, members of the military were more than others to park.

I would also like to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread. My son is currently between deployments, but busy preparing for the next one. He was unable to schedule leave until late last month. Luckily he was still able to get a room at SOG for four of our seven nights.

Ten years ago, I took him to Disney World for the first time. Now he is taking me;)

mom2jcc - I just got done reading your trip report. What an amazing experience. I teared up a few times while reading...When your husband and son let everyone go ahead of them so you could ride with them, and when the CM told your son that he could ride whatever he wanted. What great memories. Thank you for sharing them.

Apparently I am new enough that I have no clue about this Focker Watch thing (I do know about the lime green being the DISboard color). Someone please explain! Can this possibly be the right name?

Apparently I am new enough that I have no clue about this Focker Watch thing. Someone please explain! Can this possibly be the right name?

I've been here awhile and I don't know about it either. It looks kinda rude to me. :confused3

I tried emailing SOG but got back an answered copied from their website so it was not any clearer. DH is a DOD contractor permanently assigned to a AFB on US soil. Does that make him eligibible to stay at SOG?

I tried emailing SOG but got back an answered copied from their website so it was not any clearer. DH is a DOD contractor permanently assigned to a AFB on US soil. Does that make him eligibible to stay at SOG?

I would think that puts you under the "DOD Contract Personnel" catagory.
*DoD contract personnel and technical representatives- Working full time on the installation.

I would also think if you were outside the US, you would fall under the catagory of "Other supporters of DOD".
*Other supporters of DoDU.S. employees of firms under contract to Department of Defense working on an installation when assigned in areas outside the U.S.
We are contractor outside the US, but since we are also retired military, we never had to look into the details of eligibility. I think we would fall under the "other supporters" catagory if we were not retired military. I could be wrong about both.

Too bad they did not confirm your eligibility. I hate when any place sends form responses.

mom2jcc - I just got done reading your trip report. What an amazing experience. I teared up a few times while reading...When your husband and son let everyone go ahead of them so you could ride with them, and when the CM told your son that he could ride whatever he wanted. What great memories. Thank you for sharing them.

Apparently I am new enough that I have no clue about this Focker Watch thing (I do know about the lime green being the DISboard color). Someone please explain! Can this possibly be the right name?

Thank you so much! It was a great trip even if we didn't win.

The Focker Watch signal comes from the movie "Meet the Parents". If you happen to see another Disser in the parks (identifying themselves as members of the DIS by clothing, etc.), instead of taking up time to stop and say hello you just simply do the signal to say "Hi, I'm a Disser, too".:) "Focker" was their last name in the movie. I think it is neat that you don't have actually stop them.

The Focker Watch signal comes from the movie "Meet the Parents". If you happen to see another Disser in the parks (identifying themselves as members of the DIS by clothing, etc.), instead of taking up time to stop and say hello you just simply do the signal to say "Hi, I'm a Disser, too". "Focker" was their last name in the movie. I think it is neat that you don't have actually stop them.

Thanks! I asked my husband about this yesterday and he told me the same thing. Guess I should have asked him first before posting! Robert Di Nero made that "I'm keeping my eye on you" signal to Ben Stiller in the movie. Good idea to use this instead of yelling at someone across the way.

Thanks! I asked my husband about this yesterday and he told me the same thing. Guess I should have asked him first before posting! Robert Di Nero made that "I'm keeping my eye on you" signal to Ben Stiller in the movie. Good idea to use this instead of yelling at someone across the way.

You described it best;) "I'm keeping an eye on you" is a great description. As my DS9 said, "I hope I get to do the I see you signal, mom". Bless his heart...we never did see anyone to do it:goodvibes BTW, he wasn't allowed to see the movie:eek:

Ok, I really need to get off this computer and fold clothes:goodvibes
I just had to share something.

I did a little research after hearing that the Swan/Dolphin offers military discount. For the time of year we are going to Disney (value) we could get a room for $159 which is about the same as a Disney Moderate. I was pleased with that dollar figure, right? Well, I kept reading:rolleyes: This year the resort started a $10 a night "resort fee". The Dolphin is the only one that accomodates a family of 5 in a regular room only if you get the $25 a night roll away bed:confused: No problem getting a fridge for $12 a day and the parking fee is $10 a day. Now for our family needs which includes the roll away bed, parking and the fridge we are looking at quite a bit.

All I have to say is:woohoo: :woohoo: for the SOG

Ok, I really need to get off this computer and fold clothes:goodvibes
I just had to share something.

I did a little research after hearing that the Swan/Dolphin offers military discount. For the time of year we are going to Disney (value) we could get a room for $159 which is about the same as a Disney Moderate. I was pleased with that dollar figure, right? Well, I kept reading:rolleyes: This year the resort started a $10 a night "resort fee". The Dolphin is the only one that accomodates a family of 5 in a regular room only if you get the $25 a night roll away bed:confused: No problem getting a fridge for $12 a day and the parking fee is $10 a day. Now for our family needs which includes the roll away bed, parking and the fridge we are looking at quite a bit.

All I have to say is:woohoo: :woohoo: for the SOG

Plus, there's the added bonus of TAXES. SOG is a no-brainer for us. We've been completely spoiled. My kids have been disappointed at regular hotels where we've paid twice the rate. They don't want to go anywhere else. :cool2:

I had a question about Shades of Green...Is it worth it with having to get a airport transfer & paying for meals out of pocket?! I know the room & tickets are cheap but we are going in June for our honeymoon and only have a budget of 1500.00 for the whole trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter