• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
or you could take the ten minute walk earlier and pick up a Poly bus. truly only the one day for early EMH at AK did the busses NOT run on time.

Also, does anyone have a recent shuttle schedule? I'm just trying to get a feel for how frequently the transportation runs from SOG to TT and the parks.

Thanks!

I hope looking at the bus schedule helps you, but just remember that the SOG busses to the TTC are really great if you happen to want to go to a park, but miss one of the hourly busses. All you have to do is hop on the every-15-minute bus to the TTC and you can get on the monorail or on a bus for anywhere in the World directly from there.

And, the parking space that Shades' busses use at the TTC is right up front. It saves lots of steps at the TTC.

Once you get the hang of it, the Shades bus system is vastly superior to the regular Disney busses, in my opinion. The SOG busses are much more likely to be on time than the about-every-20-minutes Disney busses, and they are likely to be much less crowded at busy times.

Have a great trip.

Jack:thumbsup2

I know it's not necessary, but I'm bumping anyways. :surfweb:

Only 2 days to go... :banana:

D~

Sorry, I think I've asked this before, but, I can't find my answer.

How much is the breakfast buffet at the Shades?
Thanks.

Thanks.

The adult breakfast buffet is $8.95, not including your beverage or tip. I'm not sure about the price for children. (If you go to the SOG site, you can email them. They're pretty good about responding.)

Three years ago beverages were included at the breakfast buffet but I have read multiple posts where that has changed. They used to have dispensers in the buffet area for juice. I'm fine with the price because where else in WDW can you eat breakfast for that little?

Three years ago beverages were included at the breakfast buffet but I have read multiple posts where that has changed. They used to have dispensers in the buffet area for juice. I'm fine with the price because where else in WDW can you eat breakfast for that little?

We were just there last month, and they no longer have the juice dispensers (they didn't have them last year, either:(). Also, the "fresh fruit" wasn't quite as good as it used to be. But, I totally agree that it's still a good deal if you like to start off with a good sized breakfast. :goodvibes

Hmm summer 07' they had the juice dispensers, but charged extra for coffee. Their, ahem, fresh fruit, was out of a can. In all though, its still a great deal and much better than the dinner buffet!

Their, ahem, fresh fruit, was out of a can.

Yep. ;)

I also wanted to mention that if you plan to eat the breakfast buffet each day of your stay, you might check into the Sunrise package. It includes b-fast daily plus a gift certificate to the East/West gift shop. We did the Fun/Sun package (offered Sept/Jan only), and with the gift certificate, we actually came out a bit ahead.

If you email or call them with your info, they can give you a quote on the packages versus room only to see which would be the best deal for you. :flower3:

Hmm summer 07' they had the juice dispensers, but charged extra for coffee. Their, ahem, fresh fruit, was out of a can. In all though, its still a great deal and much better than the dinner buffet!

Bummer!

We were there in 2004 and I remember drinks included and the fruit I seem to think was fresh. Oh well! It is still priced better than a Disney buffet at $17-22 per person.

I am working on our food budget and hope to have most breakfasts at the Shades so we can fill up, eat an easy CS lunch and then an ADR dinner.

Thanks.

If you check the very first post on this thread, under the title heading (Dining), you will see the cost of the breakfast buffet. It is $8.95 for adults and $4.95 for children. This does not include drinks, which are $2.

Stitchrulz- I looked into that Sunrise package. Unless things changed the last few months, there is absolutely zero savings. I priced the individual charges (buffet/drink) and even priced that generous gift certificate. It all came to the same amount as the package. Not everyone is going to find something they want in that gift shop. The only thing this package is for is the convenience factor.

We were there in Sept. and the fruit was good - my DH loved the grapefruit. I had the cantolope which was excellent. I miss the juice also at the buffet, but we feel the same way - where else can you have breakfast for that price in Disney.

Stitchrulz- I looked into that Sunrise package. Unless things changed the last few months, there is absolutely zero savings. I priced the individual charges (buffet/drink) and even priced that generous gift certificate. It all came to the same amount as the package. Not everyone is going to find something they want in that gift shop. The only thing this package is for is the convenience factor.

I think we also found that to be the case with the Sunrise package. That's why we went with the Fun/Sun package. The total package was priced $20.00 less than the Sunrise and in addition to the daily b-fast and $20.00 gift certificate, it also included a free Starbuck's coffee per adult and a free dessert at Mangino's. You're very right about the gift shop, although they had a much better selection this trip than on our previous ones. They actually had a nice selection of "Shades" souvies, but if you're looking for "Disney" items, you'll be out of luck.

We were there in Sept. and the fruit was good - my DH loved the grapefruit. I had the cantolope which was excellent. I miss the juice also at the buffet, but we feel the same way - where else can you have breakfast for that price in Disney.

And, I've never seen canned canteloupe before.:lmao: I'll report back whether it's fresh fruit or not in a few weeks. I'm sure some of it is not freshly cut, but that's pretty common at a lot of buffets. We'll probably eat there 4 out of 6 mornings.

And, I've never seen canned canteloupe before.:lmao:

What? You've never had cannedeloupe :rotfl2: O.k., that was weak. Serioulsy though, the canteloupe/melon was fresh, but the trays of mixed fruit "salad" appeared to be canned. It's still a great value, though.

Have a great time!!! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter