Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleepy - I totally agree with your post!

Yes, we've noticed this, as well. We go in the fall and with some of the Disney discounts, we could actually stay "cheaper" at any of the Disney resorts with the exception of the Deluxes. We like SOG, the location, etc., so we've stuck with them of late. But, with the nice Disney military room discount this year, we're definitely going to weigh all of our options.

Does anyone know about the golf at Shades of Green?

I honestly don't understand why some of this information is stuck in the FAQ section, but here it is and hope it answers all your questions about golfing.

Q:
What is the military golf rate?

A:
Currently, the rate is $55 plus tax and includes your cart rental. Tee times must be after 10 am.

Q:
How can we set up a tee time?

A:
The number for Disney Golf is (407) WDW-GOLF. If you are interested in a military rate for golf, tee times can be made up to 30 days in advance.

I just got off the phone with SOG and was told that the Evergreens/Spa situation is not set in stone.

After listening to them and doing a little reading between the lines.....here are my impresssions:
Manginos is not doing all that well
During their most recent customer survey, there was a strong trend of guests requesting spa services
They still intend on offering affordable, casual food with flexible hours. The "new" location might wind up being some sort of section/extension of Manginos
This helps them accomplish 2 things at once....satisfy a perceived customer demand, and increase sales at the Mangino's location

One more thought-- I was told that the Palm section is scheduled for a substantial renovation starting in about August.

Two questions:

We did not use room service last time, just went to Evergreen's and grabbed take-out - how late does room service run and what does it offer?

And second, which is the Palm section? A later poster mentioned the Magnolia wing, sounds like it might be finished by our November trip. The Magnolia is our preferred section, trying to get one overlooking the pool and on toward MK.

We'll be there in 2 days!!! I just hope we can get some swimming in!!! Looks like it will be warming up to upper 60's ..so maybe we can polar bear it!!! Anyone know if the heated pools are really heated????

all I can tell you is that during my Christmas 2006 trip it was in the 50's/60's most of the week and kids were swimming in the pool every day- steam coming off the pools and the kids seemingly warm. Now, I wouldn't let my kids go in until the temp hit the mid 70's. lol.

We'll be there in 2 days!!! I just hope we can get some swimming in!!! Looks like it will be warming up to upper 60's ..so maybe we can polar bear it!!! Anyone know if the heated pools are really heated????

My kids were in them nearly every day, even when the high was in the 50s. According to my 8-year-old, the "boring" pool was warmer than the Mickey pool. :confused3

I honestly don't understand why some of this information is stuck in the FAQ section, but here it is and hope it answers all your questions about golfing.

Q:
What is the military golf rate?

A:
Currently, the rate is $55 plus tax and includes your cart rental. Tee times must be after 10 am.

Q:
How can we set up a tee time?

A:
The number for Disney Golf is (407) WDW-GOLF. If you are interested in a military rate for golf, tee times can be made up to 30 days in advance.

Thanks, Sleepy!

I see you are still in Naples, how are things there? I had heard it had been really wet this past month. We still miss Italy, hoping to go back in 2011 for an anniversary visit!

Does Disney offer any discounts to their other resorts for military personnel, or just Shades of Green?

Thanks, Sleepy!

I see you are still in Naples, how are things there? I had heard it had been really wet this past month. We still miss Italy, hoping to go back in 2011 for an anniversary visit!

yes, we are still in Naples. Hubby retired a little over 2 years ago and we decided to stay so our son could finish out his dance training. We figure 3 more years. :crazy2:

Things here are about the same as they always have been. The pollution is terrible, the driving is crazy and it is terribly expensive. I just hope we don't have another ugly garbage strike as we did last year.

The weather has been rotten. More rain than we have had in decades (according to the old folks). They are showing the landslides on the news this morning. I don't think the ground can hold much more water. The streets are becoming dangerous as a person can lose an entire Smart car in some of the potholes. Impossible to repair the roads if it never stops raining. We did have a few days of 60+ weather and that made everything think it was spring....one month early. I hope this does not mess up things for later as it can't decide if it wants to be really cold or nice and warm.

Hope you are enjoying America. Although I will miss the food here, I can't wait to go back home to American luxuries. I think 8 years here is more than enough time, as you would know.

I just got a Shades of Green guest appreciation form to fill out for our next visit. I have never gotten one of these before. Has anyone else? It asked about the dates, number of guests, time of expected check-in, and requests. It was interesting. We will see if I get what I requested....

I just got a Shades of Green guest appreciation form to fill out for our next visit. I have never gotten one of these before. Has anyone else? It asked about the dates, number of guests, time of expected check-in, and requests. It was interesting. We will see if I get what I requested....

I do like the idea of the "time of expected check-in" part. Now if they could have my room ready when I arrive, that would be super fantastic!:thumbsup2

Has anyone had luck checking in before the official 3pm time?
If not, is there anywhere to change and hang out by the pool until check-in time?

Has anyone had luck checking in before the official 3pm time?
If not, is there anywhere to change and hang out by the pool until check-in time?

Yes, we got lucky and got to check in at around 1pm! We had spent the morning at Sea World (free day for Active Duty) and it was pouring down rain. We were soaked to the bone! We were expecting to just lounge around the lobby and wait for our room, but it was all ready for us! :cool1: Thank goodness we got there when we did though, b/c there were a BUNCH of people behind us that came at one time and had to wait since the rooms weren't all clean yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter