Official September 2012 planning thread! List on page 30!

Hello Everyone! I finally found the Sept 2012 thread yeah!:cool1:

Can you please add me to the list: Sept 12-21 POP please.

I am so excited...can't wait for the ADRs to open for my dates, starting to get nervous. Have done Free Dining 4 times now and am thinking this year, we are going to shake it up and try restaurants we have not gone to yet. We have our faves but will try some new ones, Yak and Yeti and Teppan Edo !!! Anyone been to these???

My faves....Ohana both Breakfast and Dinner and love Biergarten....Mama Melrose too! SciFi is great too.....oh I am getting hungry just thinking about it!!!:laughing:

We did Teppan Edo-- it was good. I think it is a hit or miss based on your cook. Ours was just ok but the people next to us had an assume one. I would book again.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the Sept heat/humidity on a trip with a 5 yo? This will be my DD's first trip to WDW. I'm definitely planning on getting to parks early and then taking a break in the middle of the day, but I'm worried she's going to melt! :)
Bring a small spray bottle to fill with water or ice water. Our girls love getting misted throughout the day! You can also buy an inexpensive handheld fan that your DD can operate on her own, whenever she wants a nice blast of air!

Bring a small spray bottle to fill with water or ice water. Our girls love getting misted throughout the day! You can also buy an inexpensive handheld fan that your DD can operate on her own, whenever she wants a nice blast of air!

We bought one of the Disney ones last year. Looks like I will get somemore use outta that one.

The water bottle and fan ideas are great...thanks! Has anyone rented one of the City Elite stroller from orlandostrollerrental? I'm wondering how enormous they are? My DD is pretty tall for her age (46 inches right now at 4.5 yo), so I was thinking of renting a big stroller instead of bringing our old umbrella stroller.

Thanks!

Welcome to the group, Apress!

Anyone get booked under FD? We ended up having to upgrade from a garden view room to a king room at POFQ in order to get it. But in the end, a king room with regular DDP for free cost less than 2 queens/garden view with QSDP, so I'm a happy girl! :woohoo:

POFQ, MNSSHP, and Free Dining - look out WDW, we're coming back! :dance3:

We were able to get FD.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the Sept heat/humidity on a trip with a 5 yo? This will be my DD's first trip to WDW. I'm definitely planning on getting to parks early and then taking a break in the middle of the day, but I'm worried she's going to melt! :)

I would defnitiely suggest the water bottle and fan. We bought the blue ones Disney actually sold and yes, you pay the almost 20 dollars for them, but our DD (5) uses it all the time. Even if the water isn't in it, she uses the fan. We are bringing it when we come done in September too. It was worth the money. If you can find one cheaper, by all means get that. the one at Disney also has a lanyard that she loved to hang around her neck. She actually got a little tired the first day and after we had that, she never complained once.
I would definitley suggest an umbrella stroller and ones that have the LONGER handles. Nothing like walking all day and being hunched over.

Our DD walks, but they seem to be ideal rather than a larger baby stroller, etc.

Good luck!!

Anyone get booked under FD? We ended up having to upgrade from a garden view room to a king room at POFQ in order to get it. But in the end, a king room with regular DDP for free cost less than 2 queens/garden view with QSDP, so I'm a happy girl! :woohoo:

POFQ, MNSSHP, and Free Dining - look out WDW, we're coming back! :dance3:

Free dining here!! :cool1:

Wahoo to all the FD! This is what I've been hoping for since the day we first booked. So glad it was finally released. Hope everyone who wants it is able to get it. pixiedust:

Count me in!! Sept 22-29 at Sports...hoping to move to my favorite place Pop, but I will take Sports for free dining!!!

I see some of my fellow Sept 2011 Dis'ers are going again like us!!! Awesome!
:welcome: Welcome to the 2012 group!!! I have you added to the list on page 30...I recognized you right away from the Sept '11 group! :)

Woohoo! Welcome back to September!!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Count us in for September. We will be there 9/19-9/29 and staying at Pop. Can't wait to go and patiently waiting to make our ADR's.
:welcome: Welcome!!! I have you added! :surfweb:

Can I join your board? Just booked our trip to POR for Sept 22 - 30. Can't wait!!! It will be my mom, and three children traveling with me. My DH and father might join us from Thurs - Sun for a long weekend.

I am so excited to start planning! Making dining reservations, etc!

:welcome: Welcome to the 2012 group!!! I have you added to the list on page 30...I recognized you right away from the Sept '11 group! :)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:welcome: Welcome!!! I have you added! :surfweb:

Thanks....I am please to say I will be at POP!!!!! I just went online and got it so we will cancel Sports and stay at POP!!! I knew some POP would come open!!!!! Yeah ME!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Kinda new to the whole DISboard - so I easily get lost on here. Hopefully I'll find it again when it comes to narrowing things down.
Went last September for our !st trip to Disney - and whatever they put in the air to make you addicted. Took hold of us.
Booked a return trip today.
Originally had it booked for Port Orleans, but was able to change it to CSR.
Doing 3 days in Clearwater first then 5 days @ Disney

Sept 20th - 24th :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::dance3:

You can now officially add us!!

September 15th through September 25th at the Contemporary!!

Previously, we've stayed at FW & the WL, so this is our 1st time at the CR! :yay: This is also our 1st time w/ Free Dining! :yay: And our 2nd time to go in September & our 2nd MNSSHP!!

Can't wait for September!!

And also can't wait for March 19th to book our ADRs!! ;) I'm planning Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Crystal Palace (lunch), Le Cellier (lunch), Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), Sci-Fi (lunch), CRT (dinner), Mama Melrose's (dinner), 'Ohana (dinner), Rainforest Cafe/T-Rex (dinner), Teppan Edo (dinner), Tony's (dinner), Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner), & Yak & Yeti (dinner). Teppan Edo is the only "new to us" restaurant. I've never made our ADRs during a Free Dining promotion, so, hopefully, we'll be able to get everything!

Just figured out my ADRs and am super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1: That is really exciting :woohoo:,

I just made my last ADR today, I wanted the Afternoon Tea and when I made my ADRs yesterday, they didn't have the dates for September in their system yet so I was advised to call back at another date. Well since FD was officially announced to the public today, I decided that I would call and see...I was able to make my ADR for the time that I wanted :banana:. My girls are going to be so excited, this is a must do for just us girls, DH has to find something else to do :goodvibes.

I'm so happy! I was able to switch our reservations and get the free dining! Although we upgraded to the regular dining plan with staying in the Value. I was actually excited that Sports was the value available since that's where our reservation was. Now I have until the 28th to work on ADR's (and of course BBB!)

Can I join your board? Just booked our trip to POR for Sept 22 - 30. Can't wait!!! It will be my mom, and three children traveling with me. My DH and father might join us from Thurs - Sun for a long weekend.

I am so excited to start planning! Making dining reservations, etc!

Yay!!! Welcome to our group!!! :welcome:

Thanks....I am please to say I will be at POP!!!!! I just went online and got it so we will cancel Sports and stay at POP!!! I knew some POP would come open!!!!! Yeah ME!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wahoo! I will get you changed!!! :surfweb: I read today that all of the values will soon all have a fridge! Super exciting! :banana:

Kinda new to the whole DISboard - so I easily get lost on here. Hopefully I'll find it again when it comes to narrowing things down.
Went last September for our !st trip to Disney - and whatever they put in the air to make you addicted. Took hold of us.
Booked a return trip today.
Originally had it booked for Port Orleans, but was able to change it to CSR.
Doing 3 days in Clearwater first then 5 days @ Disney

Sept 20th - 24th :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::dance3:

Welcome to the boards and to our group!!! You can subscribe to this thread so you will be able to easily find it again. :thumbsup2

You can now officially add us!!

September 15th through September 25th at the Contemporary!!

Can't wait for September!!

Awesome!!! I have you added!!! :thumbsup2

Hi September peeps!!

DH and I just redid our ADRs again...as we lost our list from last week.:headache: I keep hiding the disney lists from the kids and can never find them again!:rotfl: So I think we have our ADRs settled now and can't wait until the 16th to make them!:banana::banana:
BTW...is anyone else at the Poly like us? 12 - 21:thumbsup2

Just figured out my ADRs and am super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just made my last ADR today, I wanted the Afternoon Tea and when I made my ADRs yesterday, they didn't have the dates for September in their system yet so I was advised to call back at another date. Well since FD was officially announced to the public today, I decided that I would call and see...I was able to make my ADR for the time that I wanted :banana:. My girls are going to be so excited, this is a must do for just us girls, DH has to find something else to do :goodvibes.

Hi September peeps!!

DH and I just redid our ADRs again...as we lost our list from last week.:headache: I keep hiding the disney lists from the kids and can never find them again!:rotfl: So I think we have our ADRs settled now and can't wait until the 16th to make them!:banana::banana:
BTW...is anyone else at the Poly like us? 12 - 21:thumbsup2

OH I love hearing about everyone's ADR planning!!! It always makes me hungry though! Hahahaha!popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter