Official September 2012 planning thread! List on page 30!

25 hours to get everything done. :eek

We went to China and brought home a BABY and it wasn't as stressful as this. !!!! Lol!

It's been so hot. We had a quick storm yesterday evening and one today from 3:30 - 4:30. Overall the crowds were low. Went to to Halloween Party Tuesday night and it was spectacular. Well worth the money.

Beautiful right now but too tired. Need to pack. Leaving the world at 8:30am Saturday. Very sad.

It's been so hot. We had a quick storm yesterday evening and one today from 3:30 - 4:30. Overall the crowds were low.
Agreed that it is really hot. One other thing that I've noticed is the huge number of flies around everywhere. I don't remember seeing so many here before.

Just back from a week at the Poly. Overall, it was an excellent trip. Travelling with a 2 year old takes flexibility and was a learning process. Poly CL was amazing. When I realized I had left DD's swim diapers at home and the shops didn't carry them, they sent someone to Publix to pick them up for me.

Now the hard part comes. Waiting 797 days until Christmas 2014 at Disney!

Two more days, and I am officially a basketcase. Completely stressed about everything I have to do before we leave. Can't sleep, haven't packed a thing, house a wreck, kids are sick, hubby is overwhelmed at work...I just want to get to WDW so I can quit worrying about everything!!!

Sorry to read this from my Pennyslvania friend! Don't worry about the house, it won't worry you soon. Hubby will finish work, the kids will improve lots and packing can be done in an hour if necessary. It will be fabulous at WDW, this I definately know :-)

We are back at our beach after our awesome 23 days at the Carribean Beach resort (and a few in California).
Everything went according to plan (2 and a half years of planning helps with that!). We visited each park 2-4 times plus Blizzard Beach twice and lots of time at DTD and the resort pool. Also a week at off-site parks. Spent a couple of days doing all the boat trips and visiting other resorts.
I was surprised at the number of people in the parks when September is very low season, but in saying that 90% of the rides were walk-ons (Sept 1-14). The longest waits were 15 minutes for Peter Pan and 20 for Tomorrowland Speedway. We usually got there at 8.30-9AM and didn't use extra hours, finishing up between 2 and 4PM. Did a couple of nights, can't imagine doing that in the middle of summer!
Was extremely hot as we expected, especially for people who had their fire going full blast the day of trip departure :-) We didn't see a drop of rain for the first 4 days and wondered about these thunderstorms we had heard about, we soon found out! The 3rd week had us become very quick at grabbing those ponchos...
Very impressed with the resort and the bus transportation.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip and we are unlikely to ever be able to return to Orlando but felt we did it really well and at our own pace.

We are back at our beach after our awesome 23 days at the Carribean Beach resort (and a few in California).
Everything went according to plan (2 and a half years of planning helps with that!). We visited each park 2-4 times plus Blizzard Beach twice and lots of time at DTD and the resort pool. Also a week at off-site parks. Spent a couple of days doing all the boat trips and visiting other resorts.
I was surprised at the number of people in the parks when September is very low season, but in saying that 90% of the rides were walk-ons (Sept 1-14). The longest waits were 15 minutes for Peter Pan and 20 for Tomorrowland Speedway. We usually got there at 8.30-9AM and didn't use extra hours, finishing up between 2 and 4PM. Did a couple of nights, can't imagine doing that in the middle of summer!
Was extremely hot as we expected, especially for people who had their fire going full blast the day of trip departure :-) We didn't see a drop of rain for the first 4 days and wondered about these thunderstorms we had heard about, we soon found out! The 3rd week had us become very quick at grabbing those ponchos...
Very impressed with the resort and the bus transportation.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip and we are unlikely to ever be able to return to Orlando but felt we did it really well and at our own pace.
Wow, that sounds like a great trip! What a treat to be able to stay so long and see everything so thoroughly!

I'm looking forward to hearing about the remaining DIS'ers who are at Disney right now and will be wrapping up their trips shortly.

We have bouncebacks booked for August and November, but not sure which month we will be going yet. Excited to start planning, but waiting for additional special offers and certain information to be released. I really want to go in November, but it seems so far away compared to August. Not sure I can wait that long, but we'll see how it plays out! Maybe I'll join the official thread for every month of the year to keep the magic going!

We returned Sunday after a wonderful stay at Art of Animation - we were in the Little Mermaid rooms and loved it! The trip was magical and fun with only a few minor disappointments (DD slept thru Tinkerbell flying before wishes then the night she was awake, Tink didn't fly; we missed meeting Jasmine and the fairies; DD fell asleep early into MNSSHP so we missed alot) but those are minor. The joy and fun completely outweighed - I loved spending time with my parents; DD did the funky princess make over at BBB and looked awesome; DD & I enjoyed the Mermaid makeovers at Pirate's League together; I finally got to ride some rides with DS (he's 2 - wanted Dumbo to go higher!); the looks on their faces when they met Jake were priceless and DD was so thrilled to meet Merida; celebrating my mom's birthday at CRT; me getting to spend a lot of time with Donald Duck because he had no line at AK when we were there (yes, my all time fave!). It truely was a fun and magical trip and I can't wait to start planning another one (hopefully April for DD's 5th birthday!! - fingers crossed!)

We returned Sunday after a wonderful stay at Art of Animation - we were in the Little Mermaid rooms and loved it! The trip was magical and fun with only a few minor disappointments (DD slept thru Tinkerbell flying before wishes then the night she was awake, Tink didn't fly; we missed meeting Jasmine and the fairies; DD fell asleep early into MNSSHP so we missed alot) but those are minor. The joy and fun completely outweighed - I loved spending time with my parents; DD did the funky princess make over at BBB and looked awesome; DD & I enjoyed the Mermaid makeovers at Pirate's League together; I finally got to ride some rides with DS (he's 2 - wanted Dumbo to go higher!); the looks on their faces when they met Jake were priceless and DD was so thrilled to meet Merida; celebrating my mom's birthday at CRT; me getting to spend a lot of time with Donald Duck because he had no line at AK when we were there (yes, my all time fave!). It truely was a fun and magical trip and I can't wait to start planning another one (hopefully April for DD's 5th birthday!! - fingers crossed!)

Would love to see any of the pics of all of your makeovers if you have any!!

I know, I can't wait to start planning 2013. I know we are going during Christmas time, just can't decide between Nov and Dec!! Are there even threads for then yet? Ha.

Would love to see any of the pics of all of your makeovers if you have any!!

As soon as I figure out how to post photos I will.
Also - I found an April 2013 thread but not sure about the others since we know we won't be going next fall - DD starts Kindergarten and I don't want to pull her out with just starting a new school.

As soon as I figure out how to post photos I will.
Also - I found an April 2013 thread but not sure about the others since we know we won't be going next fall - DD starts Kindergarten and I don't want to pull her out with just starting a new school.

I think I got this down! Here's a picture of DD with her mermaid makeup and also of her BBB. I should download our official PL pictures by this weekend when I order our photopass CD so I can post those then (my mom also has the pictures of me as I didn't find any on my camera - thank goodness for having mom there!)

DSC02819_zps278dd80b.jpg

IMG]http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s654/funfire240/DSC02307_zps9620162e.jpg[/IMG]

Yay! That sounds like a wonderful trip! We had a quick breakfast at AoA on the last day of our trip. We didn't even have time to walk around and look, but we are excited to explore it next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter