*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think there's a plan B, for doing the show but without the performers on the boats?
I'm assuming you're thinking that without performers on the boats, and if there's lightening in the area, it eliminates the concern for the CMs safety and the show can go on. But it's also a question of safety of the people in the uncovered stands. That being the case, if it's not safe for the performers, it's probably not safe for people in the stands. Not sure what would happen if it's just rain though.

I also think that the RoL show has an additional weather related issue besides rain and lightening, wind. Those floats and boats are supposed to be at predetermined spots at specific times throughout the entire show, so I have to believe that wind over a certain mph is going to impact the show's timing.

I'm assuming you're thinking that without performers on the boats, and if there's lightening in the area, it eliminates the concern for the CMs safety and the show can go on. But it's also a question of safety of the people in the uncovered stands. That being the case, if it's not safe for the performers, it's probably not safe for people in the stands. Not sure what would happen if it's just rain though.

I also think that the RoL show has an additional weather related issue besides rain and lightening, wind. Those floats and boats are supposed to be at predetermined spots at specific times throughout the entire show, so I have to believe that wind over a certain mph is going to impact the show's timing.
Yeah I was thinking just rain, obviously lightning would cancel everything

That's the case with other night time shows. I see no reason why RoL would be any different. But it's up to you to follow up and get the rain check.
It's very rare for a show to be cancelled.

Thanks. Toying with the idea of heading over after work today and catching the last show tonight so we won't have to deal with the possible rain tomorrow. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks. Toying with the idea of heading over after work today and catching the last show tonight so we won't have to deal with the possible rain tomorrow. Decisions, decisions....
It'll be very telling if it is raining during show times tomorrow night. Guess I'll find out first hand what the policy is going to be if it's just raining.

What days of the week are shows running? I thought i saw it somewhere in this thread. Or is it nightly?

What days of the week are shows running? I thought i saw it somewhere in this thread. Or is it nightly?
Right now it's not nightly. There will be 2 shows tonight, Sat & Sun night, then 2 shows on Tues night. After that, the current schedule is one show every Sun., Tues., Thurs. and Sat. nights.
It remains on that schedule until April 8. After that, it's 2 shows every night for two weeks. And after that, it's one show nightly. Depending on the demand, additional shows could be added at any time.

Edited to add that just in case your dates includes May 24th, no show that night.

Last edited:
Our trip starts on June 30th and I want to book a pkg for July 2nd so I'm also checking the site daily for the packages to open up. I have called a couple of times and the only info. I was able to pull out of the CMs was that "they hope" they will be released around the end of this month... So for now I'll just keep checking every day. Very annoying.

I called as well and was told they didn't even know IF they would be released. I just sat there, rolled my eyes and said thank you, and hung up.

I called as well and was told they didn't even know IF they would be released. I just sat there, rolled my eyes and said thank you, and hung up.

They've finally extended the AK park hours to 10:00 for the summer. It just seems to be one thing at a time. Of course they'll have the packages - it's a huge money grab for them...it's just annoying how they're not releasing them in a timely manner.

Right now it's not nightly. There will be 2 shows tonight, Sat & Sun night, then 2 shows on Tues night. After that, the current schedule is one show every Sun., Tues., Thurs. and Sat. nights.
It remains on that schedule until April 8. After that, it's 2 shows every night for two weeks. And after that, it's one show nightly. Depending on the demand, additional shows could be added at any time.

Edited to add that just in case your dates includes May 24th, no show that night.

Thanks. I wrote it down this time. :)

Fun fact I was not aware of. Rivers of Light started out as a Steve Davison project 9 years ago and was going to be a nighttime parade, not a show.

I'll report back after Tues on how crowded the first show is with ADR/FP esp given the fact that they now have a 2nd show in place! Can't wait to hear how tonight goes... although with a 7am flight tomorrow (leaving for the airport at 4:30am), I might not check til I'm sitting in the terminal tomorrow! :cool1:

Curious to hear how standby lines are....I switched up our plans for our trip that starts next week, so we'll be at AK in the evening on march 2. No dining packages or FP available- but we are interested in checking out the nighttime safari and tree of life, etc - so current plan is to see if we can get into the show standby.

Made the decision to see ROL tonight, despite crowds and possible inclement weather.I'll report back how it works with our dining package at Tiffins and if the show is cancelled.

Check again for fast passes for shows this week. While a couple of days ago nothing was open, last night I saw availability for most shows. They must have added slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter