Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

anybody stay at Poly CL recently (in one of the newly designated GV rooms on the lagoon side)? Would love to see pics of the new view...

I hope everything went well with the surgery. We've been to BOG twice for lunch and one dinner. If you get a good table it's ok, but food IMO is nothing special. I think O'Hana would be more fun! My 180 is Monday. I'm planing on a Dinner and breakfast there! And Kona. Love dining options at Poly.

Surgery went very well. Thank you for asking! She's already running around like it's just been any regular week.

We've eaten at BOG twice for lunch and twice for dinner. I preferred dinner slightly over lunch but don't mind missing a meal there. I don't know that my sister or niece will really care much about eating in the castle. If the FP+ option for lunch is still available, I'll try to schedule that. Otherwise, I won't worry about it too much. My oldest loves sushi, so I think Kona is a great alternative.

I agree it would be helpful to have more details to receive recommendations. Hot tub....a must. A resort that does not require you to take buses everywhere you go, so some boat or monorail options. I don't care for the Contemporary or the Floridian. I don't care about a view of water or fireworks. Any recos would be helpful. Thanks.

Well, if you don't want to ride busses, AKL is out. We've stayed there several times and have had great luck with the busses, but having stayed at the YC recently, being able to walk to the parks is really, really nice. I loved the pool at YC/BC. So much, we're having a split stay there this time. You can walk to Epcot, which is wonderful. There's a boat to HS, and I understand you can walk there, too. I admit the theme isn't quite my style - I love AKL and the Poly for being more laid-back. But the pool is fabulous. We've not stayed at BWI. I've read mixed reviews about it, and my kids think the clown pool is creepy. But it has the same benefits as YC/BC in terms of vicinity to one of the parks.

If you'd rather stay in the MK area, I would recommend the WL. It's very nice - you can take the boat to the MK. I know they've recently refurbished the pool there, so at least that shouldn't be an issue. I would happily go back there.

This may be an easier question to answer than my main question: What construction will still be going on during July? Anyone know?

We are planning to stay end of July 20-30th CL. Our concerns: view with CL, volcano pool, and noise. Will the CL rooms be around the construction and noise? will the pool be open by end of July? If so, then I am not worried about anything else. We were going to get a garden view CL room. Anyone know if CL is on top floor at Poly or if when you book CL you get a floor level room? We want as high as it goes! Thanks for all the insight!

3 floors in the Hawaii building (CL). Most of the GV rooms overlook the East pool (which could likely be under construction when you are there in July). There are some newly designated GV rooms on 1st floor facing the lagoon (and bungalows). The main pool *should* be done by then though!

Surgery went very well. Thank you for asking! She's already running around like it's just been any regular week.

We've eaten at BOG twice for lunch and twice for dinner. I preferred dinner slightly over lunch but don't mind missing a meal there. I don't know that my sister or niece will really care much about eating in the castle. If the FP+ option for lunch is still available, I'll try to schedule that. Otherwise, I won't worry about it too much. My oldest loves sushi, so I think Kona is a great alternative.

I've read mixed reviews about it, and my kids think the clown pool is creepy. But it has the same benefits as YC/BC in terms of vicinity to one of the parks.

If you'd rather stay in the MK area, I would recommend the WL. It's very nice - you can take the boat to the MK. I know they've recently refurbished the pool there, so at least that shouldn't be an issue. I would happily go back there.

I've been away from the boards for a few days and am just catching up now. So glad to hear your little one's surgery went well :).

So if the volcano pool is done and the quiet pool construction is beginning and I don't have CL...just regular standard view or garden view...where should I request?

So if the volcano pool is done and the quiet pool construction is beginning and I don't have CL...just regular standard view or garden view...where should I request?[/QUOTE
the longhouses that are furthest from the quiet pool will be figi, aotearoa and Tuvalu.
check out this website: http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort
under room type: put in garden view (non-club), queen or king beds (whatever you prefer) and then hit "show matching rooms" , most of the longhouses will light up red (they have not updated this site since all of the eastern buildings, Pago Pago, Moorea and Tuvalu have turned to DVC studios, so ignore those). you can click on each of the longhouses to view the actual view from each room that you could have. have fun playing around with it. they did a great job with it!

sorry, my post got kind of mixed in with the other posters comments so I will post it again:
check out this website: http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort
under room type: put in garden view (non-club), queen or king beds (whatever you prefer) and then hit "show matching rooms" , most of the longhouses will light up red (they have not updated this site since all of the eastern buildings, Pago Pago, Moorea and Tuvalu have turned to DVC studios, so ignore those). you can click on each of the longhouses to view the actual view from each room that you could have. have fun playing around with it. they did a great job with it!

We're thinking about staying at Poly in november 2015. Based on another thread, it seems like the quiet pool may still be under construction then? Will anything else still be under construction?

Looking at the touringplans link above, we're thinking if the quiet pool is still under construction that we'd request a room in Fiji. Has anyone stayed there? Recommendations on floor, or just the longhouse itself?

We will have our DD with us - she'll be 3 at the time, and still sleeping in a crib.

TIA!

I'm staying away from Poly next week. I got a message from someone who was recently there saying what a wreck it is right now due to the construction.

I'm staying away from Poly next week. I got a message from someone who was recently there saying what a wreck it is right now due to the construction.
Well, please give us an update when you return. Doesn't seem like pool weather anytime soon so you shouldn't be missing this too much. Good luck!

Well, please give us an update when you return. Doesn't seem like pool weather anytime soon so you shouldn't be missing this too much. Good luck!

Not sure what I'm going to do anymore. I have to cut my trip two day's short and instead of arriving 3/2, it looks like I will be coming in the evening of 3/4 and staying until 3/9. At least I'm still going, but now this has thrown where I'm staying into question. I realize that Poly is under construction and all, but since I wasn't planning on using the pool anyways and only to sleep and mid day breaks, plus the us of club level, I might give it a second thought.

If you watch the disboard 7 resorts in 7 days podcast...the one for the Poly...I bet it will push you one way or the other. Also look at the mousesteps construction video. It's a bit crazy there right now.

hi, 1st post! our 2nd ever WDW family trip is planned for Poly (booked through the "magical Halloween offer" 10/24-11/1. standard view booked. We have never been to poly before but I have been studying tikimans website and following his FB page. I know east pool construction will be going on then and it's really hard to predict right now what construction will be like then. It makes me a little nervous but at the same time, I really am not interested in other hotels at this point. Just wondering, anyone else going in fall that is sitting tight with their res for now?

I'm currently booked at Wilderness Lodge Villas but am switching TO the Poly villas for August! Wondering if I'm crazy. But I want to go to the Poly soooo badly!

Got back last week from a great stay at the Poly. We were in Aetearoa third floor with a view of the monorail, the construction never bothered us at all except being woke up one morning from reverse beeps from a truck/cart backing up. Not sure if that was the construction crew or just the normal grounds crew at the Poly. Way too cold to swim when we were there even for us Michiganders so it didn’t bother us, but I could see how it could affect someones stay. We would absolutely stay there again and would like to see what it all looks like when finished.

If you watch the disboard 7 resorts in 7 days podcast...the one for the Poly...I bet it will push you one way or the other. Also look at the mousesteps construction video. It's a bit crazy there right now.

I checked mousesteps but the most recent video is from Aug 2014. I assume though you're talking about something more recent?

Got back last week from a great stay at the Poly. We were in Aetearoa third floor with a view of the monorail, the construction never bothered us at all except being woke up one morning from reverse beeps from a truck/cart backing up. Not sure if that was the construction crew or just the normal grounds crew at the Poly. Way too cold to swim when we were there even for us Michiganders so it didn’t bother us, but I could see how it could affect someones stay. We would absolutely stay there again and would like to see what it all looks like when finished.

Was the monorail working at Poly and were you able to get around the resort fine. I'm not much of a pool person, but just using the room to sleep and breaks during the day due to it's location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter