Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Taking the construction that's going on in mind, if you were given a rate of $276.52 a night for a standard room knowing you were only going to use it to sleep and a mid day break, would you book it.

What month and does the mid-day break include a pool? If it was later in the year when they were just doing the quiet pool reservation, yes. But I'm a Fiji kind of guy...

Taking the construction that's going on in mind, if you were given a rate of $276.52 a night for a standard room knowing you were only going to use it to sleep and a mid day break, would you book it.

I've got a 40% discount, about your price range, and yes I booked today! We'll be out on the go for most of the time but ahhh! coming back after a long day at the park...can't wait for the Poly!

:flower1:
How did you get a 40% discount?

Got a 40% family and friends resort discount through a cast member friend. She's given us 2 fabulous vacations because of it! Last year, I cancelled the Poly because of the construction and went to the GF. Then this year, I originally booked WLV because we really needed a kitchenette. So when the Poly studio villas opened, I jumped on it! This is only our second vacation at Disney (we're driving from Canada :drive:) but I knew that the Poly was exactly the spot we'd all love. We are all sooooo excited!!!! party:I'm especially thankful for my discount! :worship:Otherwise, we'd never afford anther 10 days this year. :banana:

:flower1:

Got a 40% family and friends resort discount through a cast member friend. She's given us 2 fabulous vacations because of it! Last year, I cancelled the Poly because of the construction and went to the GF. Then this year, I originally booked WLV because we really needed a kitchenette. So when the Poly studio villas opened, I jumped on it! This is only our second vacation at Disney (we're driving from Canada :drive:) but I knew that the Poly was exactly the spot we'd all love. We are all sooooo excited!!!! party:I'm especially thankful for my discount! :worship:Otherwise, we'd never afford anther 10 days this year. :banana:

I'm staying at the Polynesian villas for 50% off as a travel agent in april. I would never pay rack rate! When are you going?

I'm staying at the Polynesian villas for 50% off as a travel agent in april. I would never pay rack rate! When are you going?

We're heading down Aug 16-26 :yay: And you? Last year, Disney actually made an error and gave us the 50%. When I did tell them that I wasn't the cast member and didn't qualify for that rate, it was honoured anyway. So awesome! As you can imagine, that was a pretty substantial amount for a 10 day stay at GF!:flower:

We're heading down Aug 16-26 :yay: And you? Last year, Disney actually made an error and gave us the 50%. When I did tell them that I wasn't the cast member and didn't qualify for that rate, it was honoured anyway. So awesome! As you can imagine, that was a pretty substantial amount for a 10 day stay at GF!:flower:

I'll be there April 13-20th. It's $1,200 more than staying at the French Quarter ($800 for the week) and I feel crazy for paying the extra $$ but I really want this trip to be extra special.

I'll be there April 13-20th. It's $1,200 more than staying at the French Quarter ($800 for the week) and I feel crazy for paying the extra $$ but I really want this trip to be extra special.

I hear ya! Have a great time!

Listened to the podcast RE: the poly update…

Question - it was mentioned that the new DVC buildings will have a laundry area in each of the buildings for the DVC members to use. Does anyone know if these will be open this summer (June)?

Listened to the podcast RE: the poly update…

Question - it was mentioned that the new DVC buildings will have a laundry area in each of the buildings for the DVC members to use. Does anyone know if these will be open this summer (June)?
I'd be interested to know that too. I'm there in August.

Just an update; I arrive at the Poly on April 17th and just received an e-mail stating that the Lava pool and infinity hot tub will be available during my stay. It also says that the East Pool will go down Mid-April. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new pool!

Just received the same email about the pools. We will be there May 1st.

Great news about the main pool.

March 2015

Dear Family,

Aloha!

We are thrilled you have chosen to be our Guest at Disney’s Polynesian VillageResort and Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on one of the largest and most exciting updates in our history! In preparation for your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit.

7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
The Polynesian East Pool will be closed for enhancement from mid-April 2015 through early 2016. During this time, you will observe construction taking place and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed, but please rest assured that construction will not begin until after 9:00am.

While we work our magic, many of our exceptional amenities, including shops and dining experiences, will continue to be open for your enjoyment. If you wish to swim, our recently-renovated Lava Pool, featuring a zero-depth entry, a 142-foot waterslide and an infinity hot tub, will be available to you, weather permitting.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during these exciting times. While you may see or hear our “work in progress,” please know that we are making every effort to ensure your visit is comfortable and magical.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World® Resort or have general questions, please call 888-939-7376 and one of our Cast Members will be happy to assist you.

We eagerly await your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Mahalo,
Rt10gITvIBnXgdNlEMcT7ZmR17nwdPTHRX17hsbuPlrCyXrz5x6vwEGoqbqZxj3a6uYnphmgM7Y9w64lZRcR6A84LlOdkNtCjVFLv8PJ9ohOdnAlmxo=s0-d-e1-ft

Norman A. Noble
General Manager of Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Arrival Date: May 1, 2015

I'm glad I didn't bail due to the lava pool and kept my res. Good move from AKL Savannah to WL to Poly. Woohoo! I just have a standard view but am happy the main pool will be done and the monorail is nice and close. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter