Official October Code Watch

I always check the DIS for any info regarding codes/discounts, but does anyone actually get there info from an official disney website?

I'm a newbie as far as being an AP holder. Should I be checking daily on the official site in the passholder section? Would they impliment a discount with reservations and then put it out on the official passholders section at a later time? or do they come out at the same time? I hope I'm making sense to someone. My thoughts can get pretty random.:jumping3:

I always check the DIS for any info regarding codes/discounts, but does anyone actually get there info from an official disney website?

I'm a newbie as far as being an AP holder. Should I be checking daily on the official site in the passholder section? Would they impliment a discount with reservations and then put it out on the official passholders section at a later time? or do they come out at the same time? I hope I'm making sense to someone. My thoughts can get pretty random.:jumping3:

It's me again and I hope I am helping you. I too can just have random thoughts. Historically, this year AP's have all been released on Wed.. The discounted rooms have also been a couple of weeks early so far this year. In my experience the Ap's are usually posted here before they make it to the website. Anyone else with different experience please post. Usually they are all out and posted here then later in the day things show up on web. Now, I hope I am making sense !!

Also, I still don't get why your rate for the first night is different. If your stay begins in one season then your whole trip should be for that trip. I checked and there is nothing public out there for them to apply at that rate. I just wonder if we got a glimpse of prices to come :confused3

I looked at my original email last night and it had a rate of 94 per night, now after I called two days ago the rate went to 71 first night, and 91 for nights 2 thru 5. total savings of about 40 dollars.

This is a preffered room location, and that I made sure was still the same.

I dont understand, but Ill take it.;)

I still think they'll have some sort of AP rate, just not until early to mid Aug.

Do I need to check this particular thread or the front page of the DIS?

So if I understand this right, this years codes have been coming out a few weeks earlier than in the past years?

Didnt they change the policy for the seasons, you now get the rate for each day ,not when your vacation starts/ends kinda deal. Or was that to start in 08?

Anyhow something tells me that maybe someone goofed up and I got lucky, maybe this is the prices to come? I just hope no one gets yelled at if it was a mistake and they were just trying to smooth it over by telling me the seasons reason.

I just looked at another site and it looks like Oct 3 is value season and the rest of the stay is in reg season. So I guess that makes sense. But I thought that the new rule on "seasons" didnt take effect till 08 if thats the case I should be getting the 71 rate for the entire stay.

Anyone know the new rules?

I just received an email from my AAA agent. She hasn't heard of any discounts yet. She asked her rep a few weeks ago and he hadn't heard of any yet either. Just FYI. She's going to try to apply any new code to my WL (woods-bunks) package and also price me a Poly-garden view package. I originally had my heart set on the Poly, but DH really loves the WL. I figured it didn't hurt to find out what it would cost with a discount package.

Still waiting........

OK now Im really confused. I just looked up the value season for preffered room and it IS 94 a night. So I am was getting the better deal, but then the line I received today on the phone doesnt hold up about why the 71 for the first night (unless it is what is going to be coming out) and the 91 for the rest of the stay is as good as it is going to get for that time frame.

I saw the thread about the change in Oct's hours, so maybe they are expecting heavy crowds and not discounting as steeply as before. Kinda of like they do at the holidays.

We'll just have to wait and see.:eek:

Hello,

I just hung up from Disney and there are still no AP rates for October yet. Guess we all get to wait a little more. :hourglass

I just called a little bit ago and still no codes attached to my name and no discounts for October. Still keeping my fingers crossed for some pixie dust!:wizard:

I am clueless about this, can someone please explain.....
Codes??? Just for Ap???
Thank you

I am clueless about this, can someone please explain.....
Codes??? Just for Ap???
Thank you

Codes are discounts offered by Disney that come in a 3 letter combination ( ex. XYZ). This discount will give you a flat amount or % off of your room or the room portion of a pkg. AP' are Annual Pass rates that also consist of the 3 letter combination but can only be used by an Annual Pass holder.You do not need an Annual Pass to book but at least one member of your party (adult) must have one at check-in and is good for up to 3 rooms at one time in the same resort. You can not use AP rate and get a Pkg. this is a room only discount. Last year Disney did offer codes in Oct. for Pkg., room-only, AP's, Fla. resident rates. These codes will be and are usually posted here as soon as they are released. Check the codes and rates for them, they will know the 3 letter combination and they come when CRO opens at 7am. All codes have been coming a couple of weeks early this year, but last year they began coming on Aug.16. Monday's for pkg., Wed. for AP's and Thurs. for room only. Hope this helps and hope you can get a discount for your Resort stay.:wizard: These are not guarnteed and are based on availability so being flexable with your resort is to be considered. They can apply a code to an existing reservation if available or you could switch to somthing that is available. You could also be paying for a standard and get an upgraded room for the same or less than what you are paying now.

Codes are discounts offered by Disney that come in a 3 letter combination ( ex. XYZ). This discount will give you a flat amount or % off of your room or the room portion of a pkg. AP' are Annual Pass rates that also consist of the 3 letter combination but can only be used by an Annual Pass holder.You do not need an Annual Pass to book but at least one member of your party (adult) must have one at check-in and is good for up to 3 rooms at one time in the same resort. You can not use AP rate and get a Pkg. this is a room only discount. Last year Disney did offer codes in Oct. for Pkg., room-only, AP's, Fla. resident rates. These codes will be and are usually posted here as soon as they are released. Check the codes and rates for them, they will know the 3 letter combination and they come when CRO opens at 7am. All codes have been coming a couple of weeks early this year, but last year they began coming on Aug.16. Monday's for pkg., Wed. for AP's and Thurs. for room only. Hope this helps and hope you can get a discount for your Resort stay.:wizard: These are not guarnteed and are based on availability so being flexable with your resort is to be considered. They can apply a code to an existing reservation if available or you could switch to somthing that is available. You could also be paying for a standard and get an upgraded room for the same or less than what you are paying now.

So by standard room do you mean that club level rooms don't apply?

AMYCISHERE ~ standard was just the example. I have heard of club level rooms being discounted. Maybe someone with expierence with that. Last year we had pool view booked at AKL and we got Sav. view cheaper. At time I booked no standards were available, nor was pool view. At different times they do open up different catagories. So if you don't get what you want keep calling sometimes it does pay off. I have allways been told to call at 7am and again at 9:45 cancellations will cause room catagories to open up. Check online and see what kind of availability is still available for your resort and that will give you better chances.When codes come out alot of people will be shifting there resort choice and thus a need for the once full resort to fill up again and Disney will open up those rooms for discount.

AMYCISHERE ~ standard was just the example. I have heard of club level rooms being discounted. Maybe someone with expierence with that. Last year we had pool view booked at AKL and we got Sav. view cheaper. At time I booked no standards were available, nor was pool view. At different times they do open up different catagories. So if you don't get what you want keep calling sometimes it does pay off. I have allways been told to call at 7am and again at 9:45 cancellations will cause room catagories to open up. Check online and see what kind of availability is still available for your resort and that will give you better chances.When codes come out alot of people will be shifting there resort choice and thus a need for the once full resort to fill up again and Disney will open up those rooms for discount.

Thank you so much this actually gives me some hope! We have a club level 3 night stay booked at AKL. Any discount would be welcome! Thanks for typing all that information, you have been most helpful!

I can tell you that AKL was excluded from most discounts this summer because of the renovations and they are to continue in some form or fashion through early next year. Last year the discounts came to be about $75 off of deluxe per night. I would think that would be the same discount for club level also. I really hope you get it. For our 2 nights prior to OKW we thought of Club level at AKL since it was cheaper that GV at poly. We took Poly because of all the construction and the CM agreed, she did not think AKL would be discounted. Now its like the plague has hit and AKL has standard availablity so they may discount simply because of people not wanting to take the chance. Good luck !!!! Sorry I rattled on.

I can tell you that AKL was excluded from most discounts this summer because of the renovations and they are to continue in some form or fashion through early next year. Last year the discounts came to be about $75 off of deluxe per night. I would think that would be the same discount for club level also. I really hope you get it. For our 2 nights prior to OKW we thought of Club level at AKL since it was cheaper that GV at poly. We took Poly because of all the construction and the CM agreed, she did not think AKL would be discounted. Now its like the plague has hit and AKL has standard availablity so they may discount simply because of people not wanting to take the chance. Good luck !!!! Sorry I rattled on.

Thanks for letting me know. I am glad that I canceled one night of my reservation to make the amount much more manageable for us since we definetely want to stay at AKL. We have been told by the concierge that our Savannah view won't be affected and our noise level will be almost nonexistent.

A couple of people reported that CRO told them their system was down for a while. Good news for us maybe???

I just finished reading all 15 pages of this thread, WOW!

Keeping an eye on this thread with hope!!

Subscribing - we're planning on being there 10/3 - 10/10. We just missed the cutoff for Sept. LOL

Great thread! :thumbsup2

How about the codes get released on Sunday since that is when the August-Sept codes need to be booked by? Just wishful thinking......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter