Official October Code Watch

We went last Oct 06. We got a 40% off room code On Aug 17 last year. I had to stay online for 2 hours to get it all worked out. But totally worth it. We are planning for Oct 08 and hope we can get a great rate, but that's a long way off. Good luck to everyone. Please keep us updated so we know what we might have to look forward to next year!

Just hung up...no codes for October yet. :confused3

Thanks for checking Tigger's Friend. I am getting very anxious. So afraid of missing them. Thank goodness we have these boards to check everyday and super people like you to call and keep us updated.

Thanks for checking Tigger's Friend. I am getting very anxious. So afraid of missing them. Thank goodness we have these boards to check everyday and super people like you to call and keep us updated.

No problem. :thumbsup2 I am also afraid of missing them...especially on the weekend because my computer at home is currently not working so I have tried to get in the habit of calling each morning. They're gonna get sick of hearing my voice. :rotfl:

Maybe we should start picketing the CRO :surfweb:

mob.gif

We want our codes, We want our codes!

We've put a deposit down on our resort package already and the rest of the balance is due 45 days prior, which for our vacation is on August 19th. Does anyone know if they usually releases the AP room discount before the full balance is due?

I'm just wondering how that works if we pay the full amount and then later find out about the discount? Do they refund you the difference?

Just bumping this to see if anyone has the answers for this? Thanks!

:confused3 Im in the same boat! I have already put money down and need to pay the rest off 45 days prior...if and I hope we get a code, will we be able to use it still???/

So if we check in on the 29th of September, can I still use the October codes or would it be better to use the September code starting on the 29th all the way through to the 6th (our last day)? I am confused??? :confused3 Help!

So if we check in on the 29th of September, can I still use the October codes or would it be better to use the September code starting on the 29th all the way through to the 6th (our last day)? I am confused??? :confused3 Help!

In order to use the Oct. rates you would have to use one code for the 29th then check out and check back in for the Oct. rates. I hope you get what I am saying. As disney does it now your rates (and any codes applied) begin at check-in throughout your stay. I would use the Sept. rates because you would be in value and not regular season. You would have to add that to your savings and for a moderate that another $20 per night more for check-ins begining Oct.4. Use the Sept. codes:thumbsup2

I hope I can help. I got this from another site........... It pretty much explains things. Outside of your 45 day window then you can change all you want. Inside of that window is where you have some difficulity and penilities. Last year the codes/AP rates starting on 8/14-8/17 including the AP's and room-only. I allways book a room-only just for this reason. Unless you have a discounted AAA pkg. ( which I believe should be booked as soon as they come out) then you can allways turn a room only into a pkg with no hassle.Here is the info! And I am also still waiting. popcorn:: popcorn::

When booking a vacation package through WDTC, you will be subject to the following rules:

You must pay a $200 deposit within 14 days of reserving your package.

Final payment of the entire remainder is due 45 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking less than 45 days in advance.

You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 45 days in advance. From 6 to 44 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $100. If you cancel 5 days or less in advance, you pay a $200 penalty.

Any changes that result in a rate change, such as applying a discount code, reducing number of days and/or changing to a differently-priced resort, made 45 days or less prior to arrival, are subject to a $50 fee.

Beware - WDTC usually adds nonrefundable travel insurance to your package by default. If you don't want it, tell them while you are making the reservation. Once you hang up, it's too late. You can add the insurance later if you wish, up until your final payment is due. You can also buy travel insurance directly and usually save some money that way.

Airfare added to your reservation is also nonrefundable. It's hardly ever a good deal, either. I strongly advise booking airfare separately. Visit the Airfares page for hints on how to save on airfare!

Last year we had already transferred the balance to our credit card when the code came out. I called Disney - evidentally we were outside the 45 day window because they did not mention the $50 - even if they had it was worth it for the $$ we saved. They gave me an option - keep it as a credit to our "Disney" account and have that as spending money once we got there or take the credit to the credit card.

Hi and pardon my ignorance but am I correct in thinking that based on this thread and people's past experiences that there is typically a discount for Oct? I was disappointed because I missed the Sept code because I wasn't able to confirm any dates but I am now looking into Oct.

Hi and pardon my ignorance but am I correct in thinking that based on this thread and people's past experiences that there is typically a discount for Oct? I was disappointed because I missed the Sept code because I wasn't able to confirm any dates but I am now looking into Oct.

There has been discounts for this timeframe for the last few years. I am looking for pkg. like the one that I got last year. In '05 there was the "best rate "program and '04 there was also pkg discounts. The rates will be a little more than what you would have looked into for Sept. (Oct. will be regular season instead of valur for Sept. dates). Personally I am glad you get to go in Oct. you will love it.What was offered last year. Hope this helps
value ~ $79 +
mod ~115 +
WL (cv) ~$230+
Poly(gv) ~$289+
Akl (st) ~$169+
Akl (sv) ~$245+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter