***Official November 2013***

It's so awesome people are in the 50's already!!!!! You're almost there!!!!!!!

78 here!

Did on line check in and made return ME ressie.(Going on cruise first so don't need arrival ME.) Just have to figure out how we're getting to the port and back, leaning toward a town car. :car:

Just wondering what the value is of doing online check in at 60 days?
I understand 10 days before but 60???

Is this because of the Magic Bands? I called Disney yesterday to make a payment and the CM had no idea why myexperience said I could do online check in in 9 days. I questioned that and told her I assume you have to have paid everything up before you can check in. She had no answers.
Whatever. I still have 68 days to go.

last minute (sort of) getaway weekend:

Nov 15-18 - POR
Whoo-hoo!! :welcome: I'll add you to the first post.

Is this because of the Magic Bands? I called Disney yesterday to make a payment and the CM had no idea why myexperience said I could do online check in in 9 days. I questioned that and told her I assume you have to have paid everything up before you can check in. She had no answers.
I don't get the 60 days either...unless at 10 days, the front desk people are overwhelmed with processing the check-in packets that they decided they needed more time.

As for needing to pay it off first? Nope. We won't pay everything until we get down there (room only) and I can already check-in. I haven't because I am waiting to see if I am eligible for MB and FP+ (I'm probably not, but still). I will probably do online check-in in about three weeks (gives me something to look forward to).

Whoo-hoo!! :welcome: I'll add you to the first post.

I don't get the 60 days either...unless at 10 days, the front desk people are overwhelmed with processing the check-in packets that they decided they needed more time.

As for needing to pay it off first? Nope. We won't pay everything until we get down there (room only) and I can already check-in. I haven't because I am waiting to see if I am eligible for MB and FP+ (I'm probably not, but still). I will probably do online check-in in about three weeks (gives me something to look forward to).

Wow no FD for you? Room only was a better deal for you?

Ya I don't get the 60 days and I don't care if my magic band is mailed to me or at the check in desk. And I don't care if I get one. LOL
My last two visits didn't afford me to use many FP options. My son wasn't interested in the rides as much as the video game like options and my elder friend was afraid of most because of her back.

So my only known interest in FP at this point is Soarin and I'm not a go on 10 times kind of person. So ya once again I'm content with my way of relaxed travel through the world. Now of course this could all change on this visit and I'll regret that I said this. LOL

Wow no FD for you? Room only was a better deal for you?

Ya I don't get the 60 days and I don't care if my magic band is mailed to me or at the check in desk. And I don't care if I get one. LOL
My last two visits didn't afford me to use many FP options. My son wasn't interested in the rides as much as the video game like options and my elder friend was afraid of most because of her back.

So my only known interest in FP at this point is Soarin and I'm not a go on 10 times kind of person. So ya once again I'm content with my way of relaxed travel through the world. Now of course this could all change on this visit and I'll regret that I said this. LOL

I have some friends that are cast members, and I am lucky enough to receive the friends & family discount. Right now, I have 40% off my room (a villa at OKW :hyper:). In another week or two, I should be at 50% off (the offer just needs to be extended). I would never have been able to stay at OKW if not for the discount. I'm actually going to end up paying less at OKW than I would if I had stayed at POR and got free dining. It just works for us (besides, having the kitchen, the kids can have pizza, they're DiGiorno addicts, and we have a full size fridge which is awesome).

So, no free dining for us, but still getting a wonderful discount. :goodvibes

I have some friends that are cast members, and I am lucky enough to receive the friends & family discount. Right now, I have 40% off my room (a villa at OKW :hyper:). In another week or two, I should be at 50% off (the offer just needs to be extended). I would never have been able to stay at OKW if not for the discount. I'm actually going to end up paying less at OKW than I would if I had stayed at POR and got free dining. It just works for us (besides, having the kitchen, the kids can have pizza, they're DiGiorno addicts, and we have a full size fridge which is awesome).

Honestly, since my sons don't like to eat in restaurants, and we couldn't afford the full kitchen access, and I want to be on vacation and not be cooking all the time.........part of why we never went back with them. part of.

BUT I fully get if I could be in a villa for the same price or less.....I'd skip FD.
I'm struggling to figure out how I'm going to work out my breakfast and still be able to sleep in a bit and yet get to the parks before lunch. hmmm

Hmmm I need to make friends with a CM before my next trip. :-)

Good for you!!! Happy times!!!

:cool1:

Honestly, since my sons don't like to eat in restaurants, and we couldn't afford the full kitchen access, and I want to be on vacation and not be cooking all the time.........part of why we never went back with them. part of.

BUT I fully get if I could be in a villa for the same price or less.....I'd skip FD.
I'm struggling to figure out how I'm going to work out my breakfast and still be able to sleep in a bit and yet get to the parks before lunch. hmmm

Hmmm I need to make friends with a CM before my next trip. :-)

Good for you!!! Happy times!!!

:cool1:

Do you have a small fridge in your room? You could always get a small container of milk and those little boxes of cereal. That way there's something for everyone. Enjoy!

Trying to read through the last 30 pages of this thread! This is our first time staying on property - I'm excited to read all the positive reviews of the resort, I was a little nervous about staying
here. We just have a standard room for our family of 4....I didn't request any specific building - should I?? What would all you experts recommend?

Personally, I never request any rooms or building. I don't have special needs and I'm a firm believer that requesting decreases your chances for genuine pixie dust. Take that FWIW, but our family was once Family of the Day at AKL, upgraded to an amazing 2-bedroom suite. Yes, the walk from our room to the lobby was very long but I was smiling every step of the way. :-)

Not sure about checking in that early. But with "room only" the balance is not due in advance, so that's never been an impediment to early check- in.

Really just posting to see my ticker!

I had to stop coming to the boards as it was making me wish away my summer! Now that summer's over (well, the kids summer break),my new focus is Christmas shopping (want to be done and wrapped before we leave) and trying to find a few new experiences to plan for our Nov. trip. :goodvibes

Hi guys! My disney resistant hubby shocked me last night and actually asked about some of our trip plans since its "getting so close". I've been being very careful not to bring up the trip to him because I didn't want to drive him crazy and turn him off to the idea of WDW before we even got there. Until yesterday he's had no input/knowledge on anything I've planned and that's how he liked it since it was "so far away". To be fair I booked this trip over a year prior to departure (been dreaming about it for waaay longer).

Well if my DH says its getting close it must really be! :cool1:

kaylasmom07 said:
Hi guys! My disney resistant hubby shocked me last night and actually asked about some of our trip plans since its "getting so close". I've been being very careful not to bring up the trip to him because I didn't want to drive him crazy and turn him off to the idea of WDW before we even got there. Until yesterday he's had no input/knowledge on anything I've planned and that's how he liked it since it was "so far away". To be fair I booked this trip over a year prior to departure (been dreaming about it for waaay longer).

Well if my DH says its getting close it must really be! :cool1:

Haha! That's exactly how I have to treat my dh! Only asking questions I absolutely have to, and spacing them out. He wasn't like this when we were planning our honeymoon. :P He has enjoyed being in charge of the countdown chain, though. lol

Haha! That's exactly how I have to treat my dh! Only asking questions I absolutely have to, and spacing them out. He wasn't like this when we were planning our honeymoon. :P He has enjoyed being in charge of the countdown chain, though. lol

I've been doing the same thing with my DH too.
Hmm. I think I need to quickly get a countdown chain going, maybe that will get him excited. I didn't do a chain figuring the kids already were excited, but to get hubby excited...SO worth it! LOL

Hello all!!!! I have been a member for a little while now but never posted, shame on me lol. MY girlfriend and I will be at CBR from Nov 23-Dec 2!!!! We are coming from Pa to celebrate her birthday. She has no idea what I have in store for her :)

Holy cow!!!:scared1: 50% off!!! I need to get friends like that.:hug::laughing: Lucky you.:thumbsup2

I love the idea of a count down chain to get those stubborn men in our lives involved :)
I'd have to hide ours though if we did it because its a surprise trip for the kids.

FigmentChick We changed our resort but the dates are same.

At AKL Jambo now. I promise no more changes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter