***Official November 2013***

66 days OMG ! I cant believe I have kept the secret for so long. No one in the family knows! Going to surprise Wifey this week. She lost her Dad a few moths back to Pancreatic cancer and they were very very close. I had a rough time planning all this during his illness and wasnt sure if I should keep it up. Now I am glad I did, it will be exactly what she needs.... Planning the big reveal to her now...kids do not find out till night we leave!

That is so awesome! I don't remember that you mentioned this was a surprise before...what a great one it is! And you are right it is probably just what she will need. Let us know how the reveal goes!

66 days OMG ! I cant believe I have kept the secret for so long. No one in the family knows! Going to surprise Wifey this week. She lost her Dad a few moths back to Pancreatic cancer and they were very very close. I had a rough time planning all this during his illness and wasnt sure if I should keep it up. Now I am glad I did, it will be exactly what she needs.... Planning the big reveal to her now...kids do not find out till night we leave!

I am sorry for your family's loss. You are a wonderful husband to plan the great surprise for your family.

That is very sweet. In this really weird way Disney planning kept me sane when my mom died. I bet she will love getting to surprise the kids with you.

Yeah that is pretty much how I feel. I don't really care if they have a problem with me, I just don't want the kids to have to deal with any problems (which so far no one has) If any of the kids struggle with learning I will re-evaluate and maybe not pull them, but so far so good :thumbsup2

Yesterday my daughter told me the chorus goes to Disney every other year, so April 2015. Um, I need to chaperone!! :hyper:

There is something healing about WDW I think, I am not sure exactly what it is. I am hoping to help get things back to "normal" a bit with this trip. Its been a hard road since his diagnosis is April.

I'll detail the plan to you all when I have a bit more feel time!

MamaJessie,

I agree...if the kids start to struggle, then I definitely wouldn't pull them out. But, so far, we've never had any problems. :)

And I say: beg to be a chaperone for the chorus!!!!

I agree...if the kids start to struggle, then I definitely wouldn't pull them out. But, so far, we've never had any problems. :)!

We're the same way. We usually take our bigger vacations twice a year. Once just after the kids get out of school at the end of May/first week of June. Its a good time as most kids are still in school for another two weeks.

The second one is usually around October/November timeframe where we usually take the kids out and so far its worked out very well. This year, we chose the November dates around Veteran's day in the hopes that outside of the actual long weekend, it would be slow. Also, my son has the 12th off as well for Parent/Teacher confs. so it works out even better as he will only be missing 6 days of school...

We're going from Wed, Nov 6th to Friday, Nov 15th.

[/QUITE]It actually does have a lot of room. Personally, I don't like cross-body bags and I may have to switch this one out for a newer model. lol No, seriously, I may sell this one and get another in it's place. But I used in on our trip to NYC to hold all my stuff: phone, wallet, subway maps, directions, ticket confirmations, etc. And it worked well. If you'd like, tomorrow I can take a shot of the interior and let you see the space (can't do it tonight as I am booked to dye Amy's hair scarlet for the first day of school tomorrow).[/QUOTE]

That would be great, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm always nervous, too, but I take vacation when I can (around tax returns, audits and financials) and my theory is: they are my kids and the school district can suck it! :rotfl: Seriously, though, my kids are great students and I've already had a chat with Amy's high school principal and I met Quinn's kindergarten teacher last night. The kindergarten teacher said that I have to bring her. I said, no problem. :) As for Amy, the good thing is the marking period ends on Nov 6th, which is 4 school days after we leave (which means it's the same for Kyle in middle school). I am just going to very nicely ask the teachers if Amy and Kyle can take any tests and finish up work the week & two days prior so that they won't have any work to make up when we get back (and rush because the MP is already over).

Whew....sorry about my long-windedness. But I'm glad the handbook works out for you.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. But I am sure your wife and children will not only be surprised, but really love that you did this for them. :goodvibes

It actually does have a lot of room. Personally, I don't like cross-body bags and I may have to switch this one out for a newer model. lol No, seriously, I may sell this one and get another in it's place. But I used in on our trip to NYC to hold all my stuff: phone, wallet, subway maps, directions, ticket confirmations, etc. And it worked well. If you'd like, tomorrow I can take a shot of the interior and let you see the space (can't do it tonight as I am booked to dye Amy's hair scarlet for the first day of school tomorrow).

That would be great thanks!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wow! What a surprise!! I'm so sorry for your family's loss but I bet she loves the surprise! I can't wait to see how it unfolds and her reaction. I'm surprising my DD6 (my middle daughter) with this trip.

Originally Posted by FigmentChick I'm always nervous, too, but I take vacation when I can (around tax returns, audits and financials) and my theory is: they are my kids and the school district can suck it! ...

Had to laugh. I'm usually nervous about taking the kids out of school but my husband pretty much feels the same as you

We're the same way. We usually take our bigger vacations twice a year. Once just after the kids get out of school at the end of May/first week of June. Its a good time as most kids are still in school for another two weeks.

The second one is usually around October/November timeframe where we usually take the kids out and so far its worked out very well. This year, we chose the November dates around Veteran's day in the hopes that outside of the actual long weekend, it would be slow. Also, my son has the 12th off as well for Parent/Teacher confs. so it works out even better as he will only be missing 6 days of school...

We're going from Wed, Nov 6th to Friday, Nov 15th.

See you there!

I can't believe September is here already! Before we know it, it will be Halloween, and then we will be on our way to Disney!!!

DD started Kindergarten today! Tomorrow we are signing her up for dance classes! I'm sure between school and dance classes we will be so busy & distracted that it's sure to make the time go even faster!!! :banana:

Hope everyone one else's little ones have a good first week of school! :thumbsup2

I can't believe September is here already! Before we know it, it will be Halloween, and then we will be on our way to Disney!!!

DD started Kindergarten today! Tomorrow we are signing her up for dance classes! I'm sure between school and dance classes we will be so busy & distracted that it's sure to make the time go even faster!!! :banana:

Hope everyone one else's little ones have a good first week of school! :thumbsup2

My DD just started kindergarten yesterday too! I know with school and activities, the time will just fly now.

Originally Posted by FigmentChick I'm always nervous, too, but I take vacation when I can (around tax returns, audits and financials) and my theory is: they are my kids and the school district can suck it! ...

Had to laugh. I'm usually nervous about taking the kids out of school but my husband pretty much feels the same as you dde0b
My son is a straight A student though so it's not an issue for him.

Mine is in a private Montessori school so it's never an issue. Last year (fourth grade) I took him out for two weeks at the beginning of Dec and the school didn't bat an eye. They just made him keep a journal. They encourage outside learning opportunities anyway. I'm sure when he's in Middle School it will be more complicated to keep up with the work but I still don't think they'll give us flack about it. Honestly, DS is very advanced but he's severely ADHD which affects his productivity. He works so hard. Sometimes during the school year, he just needs a break.

This year we're going on an extra long weekend (conferences and professional day). But that's mostly happy coincidence because its after his baseball season.

My kids school district has changed our unscheduled absence policy this yr but I still plan to take our kids out for a day and a half prior to their thanksgiving break. This trip is a big family trip of 10 in the planning for 18 mos or more. So if its a problem they can bite my butt. Lol.

Also. I need a new dooney and plan on getting one on our cruise part of trip but also planning on a cross bag too lol.

Had to laugh. I'm usually nervous about taking the kids out of school but my husband pretty much feels the same as you

I just get upset when people who don't really know me or my family attempt to fit us in to a mold.

Everyone have a great day!

Oh you took the words and feelings right out of my head/mouth this morning.

Thanks I needed to read that. Even though your context was way different than what I'm dealing with.

And agree! Everyone have a great day!:goodvibes
I hope you find pixiedust: outside of Disney! I could use some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter