***Official November 2013***

We also have CG booked for 11/17 but agree after looking at their updated menu I'm second guessing it :confused:

What time are you booked for? We're at 7:05pm. I'm excited & confused at the same time. We don't have the opportunity to do anything like this at home. DH told me he's happy w/ whatever I pick :goodvibes The problem for me is that I'm vegetarian (I do eat seafood though- but can not have much rice at all due to gi conditions so sushi is out). The rock shrimp salad & tomato flatbread look good & would prob be what I get if we keep the reservation :)

Here are my Dooney & Bourke's :cloud9:

Hoping to add while we are there :goodvibes

These are really cute!! :goodvibes I like #1 the best! :cloud9:

I'm packing today. Almost done. :) I know, I'm sad. But when I grabbed our luggage from the attic, I found that mice had eaten into our insulated backpack. :( *******s..... So, now I have another unintended expense. :rotfl:

Oh....and since I'm puttering around my bedroom, I hope to have pics of the Dooney & Bourke bags in a bit.

Too funny on the packing but not on the mice. You must live in a very isolated area/old house or you need to get yourself a pest control guy.
We had mice get into a few of our things years ago but thankfully never a huge problem.

I have a couple extra weeks to go before you, but as soon as I stop needing things because our weather gets cooler, I'll be putting them in suit case instead of elsewhere.

My husband and I got away a couple days this weekend. The whole time we kept talking about how Disney was going to be so nice. Too funny he has the bug and is watching videos on Youtube. Glad he is getting into this. Will make exploring the WORLD much more fun.

Can't wait to see the shoes Figmentchick.
I tried to check out Zulilly but when it asked me to sign up for an account I decided it wasn't worth looking. I would be interested in pictures from whoever ordered the Disney Sandals. they sound CUTE.

We're in the same situation. We have CA Grill booked (11/17) but after reading the menu, not so sure if we should keep it or not. I don't see much entree wise that I'd be interested in- but some of the apps & salads sound good... The restaurant looks beautiful and I think it'd be a really nice experience... It's our 1sst wdw trip & after reading so many good things on ca grill, I'd like to try it. still stressing over this one.... :scratchin

I agree, you should try it for the experience! Especially for dinner a night that there's fireworks! It's just amazing! Like I said, the filet was one if the best I had. Just wish there was something like mashed potatoes instead of risotto. And like some else posted, I'm definitely one who will not shy away from asking for a plain steak, so that's always an option. The cost of one entree there can probably get me two dinners elsewhere, so it's just something to think about on my end. Good luck deciding!

What time are you booked for? We're at 7:05pm. I'm excited & confused at the same time. We don't have the opportunity to do anything like this at home. DH told me he's happy w/ whatever I pick :goodvibes The problem for me is that I'm vegetarian (I do eat seafood though- but can not have much rice at all due to gi conditions so sushi is out). The rock shrimp salad & tomato flatbread look good & would prob be what I get if we keep the reservation :)

Ours it 7:35 pm I love the appetizers may just pay OOP and have appetizers and dessert, decisions decisions :confused3

Just realized I have been following and posting on this thread and have never announced my vacation days! :scared1:

Nov. 1 Arrive in Orlando (technically Nov 2, we land at midnight) Overnight in an airport hotel.

Nov. 2 Towncar to WL for checkin (or bag check, as it will be around 9am).
Off to EP for the morning Cheese Seminar (love Rogue Valley cheese!)
Find our picture on the Leave a Legacy wall
Party for the Senses in the evening

Nov. 3 Another day at EP
Jeweled acrobats, Matsuriza, Mo' Rockin, and Off Kilter at some point
French Regional Lunch
Malestrom, Test Track, Soarin', Mission Space (orange!), and The Land

Nov. 4 Wild By Design Tour at AK
Lunch or snack at Yak and Yeti
Everest (perhaps before lunch...)
Drink at Dawa Bar to watch the Jammin Jungle parade
Mahi Mahi culinary demonstration at EP

Nov. 5 MK for SM, PotC, BTMR, and HM
Tour and taste the new offerings of Fantasy Land
Back to EP for the afternoon Mendoza wines seminar

Nov. 6 HS day to ride, several times, RnRC (all time favorite!) and maybe ToT, maybe:eek:
Boat ride back to EP for an evening culinary demo

Nov. 7 Our last day :sad2:
After check out, off to EP to revisit our favorite booths

Ours it 7:35 pm I love the appetizers may just pay OOP and have appetizers and dessert, decisions decisions :confused3

We're not on the free dining- we took the 30% room discount instead. With my stomach problems, I have to really watch what I eat so most cs places are off limits, & most of the time i like the apps better- so the r/o discount worked out better for us.

Do you have all of your other adrs done? I've had ours done & redone & redone a million times over again- I hope to have most of it finished in the next few days, but I know i'll prob be tweaking them until it's almost time to go :rotfl:

I forgot to ask, do yoou have a kid(s) dining with you? We'll have our ds6. He loves new places & is very good in restaurants. The kids menu showed pizza & pasta so he should be fine. If he doesn't eat much of it, I can get him something back at the resort. :goodvibes

We're not on the free dining- we took the 30% room discount instead. With my stomach problems, I have to really watch what I eat so most cs places are off limits, & most of the time i like the apps better- so the r/o discount worked out better for us.

Do you have all of your other adrs done? I've had ours done & redone & redone a million times over again- I hope to have most of it finished in the next few days, but I know i'll prob be tweaking them until it's almost time to go :rotfl:

Yes ADR's are done but I will keep obsessing over them till we leave :rolleyes1

That's why I'm thinkng CG may not be worth using 2 meal credits and we might just pay OOP for this one. DD's traveling with me and she loves a lot of the character meals so we have BOG, Cinderella's Castle (breakfast before park opens), CP, 1900 Park Fare, CM and few for Mom like CG and Ohana's dinner :goodvibes

I forgot to ask, do yoou have a kid(s) dining with you? We'll have our ds6. He loves new places & is very good in restaurants. The kids menu showed pizza & pasta so he should be fine. If he doesn't eat much of it, I can get him something back at the resort. :goodvibes

Yes my DD(18)

Aw, thank you both! It's a family trait to hurt oneself while working. I've just never needed stitches or major medical attention for it before. lol My brother messaged me that we should all have the EMTs on standby or at least call the firehouse when we're doing something. :lmao: And the only reason I went and got the stitches is because I used to be an EMT and I knew the location and depth weren't a good combo. No biggie.... I'll be fine tomorrow. It's the tentanus shot that's killing me.....I can barely move my arm above my shoulder.

Sorry about your injury. I felt like I could have written it myself. I'm a walking accident site. Even when I'm just cooking I burn myself. It's the running joke in my family. A holiday doesn't go by that I'm not sitting there with a finger or two in a bowl of ice water.

As for the tetanus shot, it has definitely gotten worse since they added the Pertussis booster to it. Last time I got one I whined for a whole day - annd used it as an excuse to order pizza in ;)

Just realized I have been following and posting on this thread and have never announced my vacation days! :scared1:

Nov. 1 Arrive in Orlando (technically Nov 2, we land at midnight) Overnight in an airport hotel.

Nov. 2 Towncar to WL for checkin (or bag check, as it will be around 9am).
Off to EP for the morning Cheese Seminar (love Rogue Valley cheese!)
Find our picture on the Leave a Legacy wall
Party for the Senses in the evening

Nov. 3 Another day at EP
Jeweled acrobats, Matsuriza, Mo' Rockin, and Off Kilter at some point
French Regional Lunch
Malestrom, Test Track, Soarin', Mission Space (orange!), and The Land

Nov. 4 Wild By Design Tour at AK
Lunch or snack at Yak and Yeti
Everest (perhaps before lunch...)
Drink at Dawa Bar to watch the Jammin Jungle parade
Mahi Mahi culinary demonstration at EP

Nov. 5 MK for SM, PotC, BTMR, and HM
Tour and taste the new offerings of Fantasy Land
Back to EP for the afternoon Mendoza wines seminar

Nov. 6 HS day to ride, several times, RnRC (all time favorite!) and maybe ToT, maybe:eek:
Boat ride back to EP for an evening culinary demo

Nov. 7 Our last day :sad2:
After check out, off to EP to revisit our favorite booths

Looks great!!!! and :welcome:

Sorry about your injury. I felt like I could have written it myself. I'm a walking accident site. Even when I'm just cooking I burn myself. It's the running joke in my family. A holiday doesn't go by that I'm not sitting there with a finger or two in a bowl of ice water.

As for the tetanus shot, it has definitely gotten worse since they added the Pertussis booster to it. Last time I got one I whined for a whole day - annd used it as an excuse to order pizza in ;)

Thank you. It's no big deal, but I always feel like a prize idiot after an injury like this, especially when I'm doing something cool and macho like installing a whole sink and drain system (I have 4 brothers, hubby has 4 sisters....I'm soooo the guy in our relationship. :rotfl2:). But it's definitely hereditary: my mom (stepmom but totally my mom) called me yesterday: my dad is installing new garage doors at his house....he bonked himself on the head pretty hard and my grandfather slit his finger (which needs stitches, but he's too stubborn to get) during the installation. We're just walking disaster areas. :rotfl: As my mom says, we wouldn't be who we are if we didn't injure ourselves when working around the house!

OK...and I've really gotta get those D&B pics for you guys (the shoes aren't in yet....I'm thinking by the end of the week). I had to bribe my youngest up from a nap (he fell asleep around 5:30) with a game of Toy Story Mania and totally blanked on the pics.

OK....now I have to start working. I swear I had a meeting today and I'm all dressed up and when I looked at my calendar....it's tomorrow. :(:upsidedow Leave it to me to have the date wrong for a meeting. Now, what will I wear tomorrow? (I look really nice right now)

We're at 59 days! Amazing how much your plans jive with ours! Here's our list so far...
Wed Oct 30 - leave CT with a stop in MD then leave around 9pm
Thurs Oct 31 - check in at FW cabins then DTD for Earl and Walmart for groceries
Fri Nov 1 - 8am CP ADR then MK for am, break, MNSSHP at night
Sat Nov 2 - HS day then MK for MSEP and maybe Wishes
Sun Nov 3 - IOA (we were going to do AK but wanted to split up our 2 Universal days)
Mon Nov 4 - Epcot with Rose and Crown dinner for Illuminations
Tues Nov 5 - off day with Chef Mickey dinner (maybe see Wishes on boat ride back to FW)

Mine overlaps the same park days as well.

Thu Oct 31 -Arrive at my Mom's house.
Fri, Nov 1 - MK then dinner and Hallowishes at Poly
Sat, Nov 2 -AK
Sun, Nov 3 -Off
Mon, Nov 4 - DHS morning then Epcot for F&W then back to DHS for Fantasmic. (And if we're not totally wiped, back to Epcot for Illuminations.)

Should be a pretty low-key trip since most of our park time will be taken up with Pirates Adventure, SOTMK and Wilderness Explorers. We'll just do a few headliners in the morning.

Here are my Dooney & Bourke's :cloud9:

Hoping to add while we are there :goodvibes

You have all 3 of these! So cool! Although I guess it is hard to choose just one. I could narrow it down to 2 though ( # 1 / # 2). Of course that would require me to make the plunge and spend the money in the first place!

Too funny on the packing but not on the mice. You must live in a very isolated area/old house or you need to get yourself a pest control guy.
We had mice get into a few of our things years ago but thankfully never a huge problem.

I have a couple extra weeks to go before you, but as soon as I stop needing things because our weather gets cooler, I'll be putting them in suit case instead of elsewhere.

My husband and I got away a couple days this weekend. The whole time we kept talking about how Disney was going to be so nice. Too funny he has the bug and is watching videos on Youtube. Glad he is getting into this. Will make exploring the WORLD much more fun.

Can't wait to see the shoes Figmentchick.
I tried to check out Zulilly but when it asked me to sign up for an account I decided it wasn't worth looking. I would be interested in pictures from whoever ordered the Disney Sandals. they sound CUTE.

I'll post pics of the Disney Birkwnstock's when they arrive!

I checked today and am down to 68 days. Pretty stoked! We do final payments with our TA a bit earlier than 45 days--so on the 13th. Then I'll be able to link everything to MDE (hopefully) and it will be more real.

You have all 3 of these! So cool! Although I guess it is hard to choose just one. I could narrow it down to 2 though ( # 1 / # 2). Of course that would require me to make the plunge and spend the money in the first place!

These were purchssed over 3 separate trips. Hoping they have some new ones in November. I do take turns otherwise my Coach bags get jealous :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter