• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

I went to lindenhurst high for 2 years I lived on 38 th street.. I also lived in n linden hurst on north Paine st and I worked for the taxi there when I was 17 lol. I'm now in islip terrace When are you going to disney? We leave Friday I'm so Ancy I'm ready now lol I'm mostly packed just praying no colds come lol

Small world :rotfl2:

We leave Monday, and come back on the 16th.

JFK on JetBlue for us. Southwest was crazy expensive.

POFQ we paid 125 each way southwest.. What stinks is I had knee surgery recently and I can't walk right yet. Dont Want to mess up my recovery so we rented a electric scooter and a rental car so I don't feel lame trying to parallel park on a bus. I have never used a scooter and I love to walk .. So I'm not too happy as usual when we go to disney. But whatever I guess I have to just concentrate on the free dining more this trip lol

POFQ we paid 125 each way southwest.. What stinks is I had knee surgery recently and I can't walk right yet. Dont Want to mess up my recovery so we rented a electric scooter and a rental car so I don't feel lame trying to parallel park on a bus. I have never used a scooter and I love to walk .. So I'm not too happy as usual when we go to disney. But whatever I guess I have to just concentrate on the free dining more this trip lol

How are you guys going to handle the scooter in the car? I was wondering that if we ever take my mom. Does it fit in a truck or do you have to get a minivan and fold the seats down? Is it heavy?

For 3 of us (DH, me and DD10) the airfare was over 1500 from Islip! I got it for 650 on JetBlue!

Silver lining on the scooter and rental car...you will get to places faster than using disney buses which means more time in the parks :cool1:

I got to bed a late last night but I did fall asleep quickly since I had to take a Benedryl. However, my phone went off at 7:10am with a bunch of texts from my friend down in Disney, I was ready to kill her. I was hoping to sleep until 8 so that I would get enough sleep to run around like a mad woman today.

Yeah, I still haven't decided whether or not to change my Fantasmic FP+ but I guess it would probably be wishful thinking expecting it to change. It's not as if I need/want seating, especially with my son's sensory issues, but something somewhat centered would be nice.

I did run around like a madwoman today and my kids woke me up at 6:15.
My oldest had sensory issues with shoes so would not get not the bus so I drove him to school and spent 20 mins trying to coax him back to class with a pair of old shoes on because we could not find his back up pair. Then I dropped off my daughter at preschool, came back, found the shoes and went back to the boys' school. I drove from there down to Costco to get a keyboard for a Christmas present while I had no kids (it doesn't happen often). Then back to pick up the Kindergartener and head back down to meet a friend for lunch. A new Wegmans opened up nearby yesterday and since I've never been to one,I decided to meet a friend their for lunch to check it out. Big mistake. It was a mob scene with all the grand opening deals. I sure hope Disney World is not that crowded on the 15th!
Is anyone dizzy after reading this post? And my husband wonders why I want to have a planned itinerary for Disney. I have enough chaos in daily life, I need something to go smoothly. Now what to have for dinner. Sigh.
Ill be off to visit my 81 year old mom tomorrow so probably won't get to check on again.
When I get back, will have to post pics of the tiaras I got from Amazon for my daughter! I may just get brave enough to 'borrow" one from her yet! : )

OMG!!!

I'm so excited!!!

I'm in the middle of moving from one house to another - I hope I can find my bathing suit and sunglasses!!

6 days until I'm back in my OTHER HOME!!!!

Mike!!

How are you guys going to handle the scooter in the car? I was wondering that if we ever take my mom. Does it fit in a truck or do you have to get a minivan and fold the seats down? Is it heavy?

The apple scooter comes apart in 5 pieces. They said it takes 2 minutes to disassemble.Apple and rental car company said it will fit in the trunk of mid sized car. I did alot of research before deciding. Not getting a high back one so its more mobile. 3 wheels not 4. If you google apple scooters you can at least check it out.

It's 75 pounds the battery is the heaviest part

For 3 of us (DH, me and DD10) the airfare was over 1500 from Islip! I got it for 650 on JetBlue!

Silver lining on the scooter and rental car...you will get to places faster than using disney buses which means more time in the parks :cool1:

That's crazy airfare. I don't know why wow. We got good prices. I guess you never know with the flights fluctuating prices

There is a separate thread with a lot of activity regarding the recent changes in FP+ and I think that is the place where I learned that the Fantasmic FP+ is now really totally worthless. Not only does it not offer seating in a preferred location anymore, but if you arrive anywhere near the end of your arrival window you may find yourselves without any seating period! After confirming that fact with Robo (who has over 70,000 posts to their credit) I swapped ours out for something else. We'll still try to get into Fantasmic on our 1 day at DHS but if we can't then I guess we'll just get over to see the Osborne Festival of Dancing lights before the crowd there gets too bad.

The apple scooter comes apart in 5 pieces. They said it takes 2 minutes to disassemble.Apple and rental car company said it will fit in the trunk of mid sized car. I did alot of research before deciding. Not getting a high back one so its more mobile. 3 wheels not 4. If you google apple scooters you can at least check it out.

It's 75 pounds the battery is the heaviest part

Thanks for the details.

Yeah, I still haven't decided whether or not to change my Fantasmic FP+ but I guess it would probably be wishful thinking expecting it to change. It's not as if I need/want seating, especially with my son's sensory issues, but something somewhat centered would be nice.

There is a separate thread with a lot of activity regarding the recent changes in FP+ and I think that is the place where I learned that the Fantasmic FP+ is now really totally worthless. Not only does it not offer seating in a preferred location anymore, but if you arrive anywhere near the end of your arrival window you may find yourselves without any seating period! After confirming that fact with Robo (who has over 70,000 posts to their credit) I swapped ours out for something else. We'll still try to get into Fantasmic on our 1 day at DHS but if we can't then I guess we'll just get over to see the Osborne Festival of Dancing lights before the crowd there gets too bad.

Someone did report that on 10/28 there was a reserved section, I'm still holding out hope at this point.

I just read my Disney Destinations email I got today and it lists the holiday activities. This is one of the things it says:

• Giant gingerbread houses and holiday décor at select Disney Resort hotels, November 27–January 2, 2014

I was hoping they would do this earlier than the 27th! It seems much later than usual, doesn't it?

I just read my Disney Destinations email I got today and it lists the holiday activities. This is one of the things it says:

• Giant gingerbread houses and holiday décor at select Disney Resort hotels, November 27–January 2, 2014

I was hoping they would do this earlier than the 27th! It seems much later than usual, doesn't it?

OK, I am NOT liking all these changes this year! Enough already Disney!

OK, I am NOT liking all these changes this year! Enough already Disney!

Looks like they are slowing down Christmas for Christmas time.
It will all be as good as our attitude makes it.

I'm still excited. Honestly I was trying to figure out how in the world I would get to see everything in 1 week. I feel less pressure.

:confused3

Looks like they are slowing down Christmas for Christmas time.
It will all be as good as our attitude makes it.

I'm still excited. Honestly I was trying to figure out how in the world I would get to see everything in 1 week. I feel less pressure.

:confused3

I agree, there is already so much to do and see. But I was going to be at Beach Club and Grand Floridian for dinners anyway so was hoping to see those Christmas displays! We planned this trip to be a week later than last years so we could see Christmas! And I'm still going to miss stuff! Maybe we'll have to go the 2nd week of December next year! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter