***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Sooo excited!!!! Just finished my last shift of work before vacation!!!! I practically ran out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

LOL. I can't wait to get on the elevator after work tomorrow afternoon. I'm gonna let out a HUGE sigh of relief and enjoy our 2 week vaca! We leave 7am Wed morning!

I just got off the phone. That was a lovely hour :P.

Since MDE mysteriously lost half my data and had to use overrides to get my Fastpasses back (or some semblance of them), they have told me that no, I do not have access to modify them anymore. Any further changes have to be done on the phone or with a CM/guest relations.

Nice.

Also, our dining plan info is nowhere to be found.

Oh dear, that bites. I guess no changing FP+ times on the fly for you. They must have flagged your account to keep changes from being made. I would not be a happy camper. At the very least they will have to give you a KTTW card that pulls FPs since you can not use the FP+ system the way it was intended.

Thanks.

Everything is straightened out as best it could be I guess. I won't be able to fiddle with anything on MDE or MDE app anymore without tech support or CM assistance so my hope it everything goes fine from here on out.

Currently, when MDE loads, there's an orange notification saying there's an issue retrieving my information but it seems like everything is fine. That's a bit weird.

As long as my MBs work and hold all the correct info when I get there, it will be fine. If not, in all honesty, I'm not sure I'm the type to not let it bother me. Call me crazy but if my room doesn't open, my dining credits don't appear and my FP+ times disappear and I can't use my app, I will be really bummed and highly disappointed.
I was so, so happy with how everything was working and flowing smoothly. It was such a surprise when it all went downhill a couple days ago.

I just don't get how an update or glitch would cause some people zero issues and cause other people to loose their plans and/or reservation details and/or fastpasses. Wouldn't an update or programming error behave the same way on the same system that everyone is using?!

I'll wrap it up and try to not be a Debbie Downer anymore. Sorry guys for all the venting and play-by-plays. I apologize.

I wouldn't call you crazy, I'll be royally pissed if my vacation gets interrupted because Disney can't get its act together in the IT department. Luckily I arrive the day after you do, so you just need to contact me and I'll go all Jersey on them if they give you a hard time ;)

I just don't get how an update or glitch would cause some people zero issues and cause other people to loose their plans and/or reservation details and/or fastpasses. Wouldn't an update or programming error behave the same way on the same system that everyone is using?! I'll wrap it up and try to not be a Debbie Downer anymore. Sorry guys for all the venting and play-by-plays. I apologize.
If it's a glitch in the code, then that would generally be true. But it could have been a data transmission problem or someone trying to correct some data that screwed up or some other data-related error that caused the info to disappear. Alternatively a code glitch might only affect a very specific subset of the population - for example, only people that booked Soarin on a Tuesday, or only people with families over 5 or a certain kind of ticket or dining plan. Bugs like that can be very hard to find and in this system, the possibilities are endless.

Also, there are TAs on easywdw reporting their clients are in the parks and lost all their FP+. So you're not the only one.

Oh dear, that bites. I guess no changing FP+ times on the fly for you. They must have flagged your account to keep changes from being made. I would not be a happy camper. At the very least they will have to give you a KTTW card that pulls FPs since you can not use the FP+ system the way it was intended.

I wouldn't call you crazy, I'll be royally pissed if my vacation gets interrupted because Disney can't get its act together in the IT department. Luckily I arrive the day after you do, so you just need to contact me and I'll go all Jersey on them if they give you a hard time ;)

Yes, that's correct. I can't make any changes. Once MDE lost my info I was left with two choices 1) try to get fastpasses back myself or 2) have a CM override the system to get them back. Once they told me TSMM and Peter Pan was sold out and only they could get me a pass, I went with their assistance. Lesser of two Disney Villans?!? Time will tell.

I might have to take you up on that offer ;) ;). But hopefully not.....

If it's a glitch in the code, then that would generally be true. But it could have been a data transmission problem or someone trying to correct some data that screwed up or some other data-related error that caused the info to disappear. Alternatively a code glitch might only affect a very specific subset of the population - for example, only people that booked Soarin on a Tuesday, or only people with families over 5 or a certain kind of ticket or dining plan. Bugs like that can be very hard to find and in this system, the possibilities are endless.

Also, there are TAs on easywdw reporting their clients are in the parks and lost all their FP+. So you're not the only one.

Learn something new every day....

Learn something new every day.... Thanks :)

My 20 years in IT have to be good for something. ;-)

Honestly though, I feel for you. There's nothing worse than being at the mercy of a crappy system. A few weeks ago I was jealous of you all using FP+. But after the last couple days, I'm kind of glad I'm not. Hopefully they'll get past this issue soon.

And just keep in mind that if you have issues in the park, don't get bogged down in trying to fix it. Just ask them for paper passes to make it right.

Thanks.

Everything is straightened out as best it could be I guess. I won't be able to fiddle with anything on MDE or MDE app anymore without tech support or CM assistance so my hope it everything goes fine from here on out.

Currently, when MDE loads, there's an orange notification saying there's an issue retrieving my information but it seems like everything is fine. That's a bit weird.

As long as my MBs work and hold all the correct info when I get there, it will be fine. If not, in all honesty, I'm not sure I'm the type to not let it bother me. Call me crazy but if my room doesn't open, my dining credits don't appear and my FP+ times disappear and I can't use my app, I will be really bummed and highly disappointed.
I was so, so happy with how everything was working and flowing smoothly. It was such a surprise when it all went downhill a couple days ago.

I just don't get how an update or glitch would cause some people zero issues and cause other people to loose their plans and/or reservation details and/or fastpasses. Wouldn't an update or programming error behave the same way on the same system that everyone is using?!

I'll wrap it up and try to not be a Debbie Downer anymore. Sorry guys for all the venting and play-by-plays. I apologize.

No need for apologies! I would have been cursing them out!!!!!! And then probably cursing up a storm here!!! haha! Hope everything works out for you!!!

I feel for all of you needing to be on the phone everyday with Disney. Every phone call takes so darn long!

I've been trying every couple of days to add a day to my FD ressie. Every time I call, there is availability in some different room type - just not the one I need! One day they had River View, next time I called, Royal room, today Standard. Come on Garden View! Funny thing is, I originally was going to book standard, but they only had GV. Now I want the GV!:rotfl:

Oh, well. On the positive side, the availability keeps changing, so maybe it'll be there next time.

For now, I have a room only booked for 1 night. So, now I'm going to be sent another set of MB's. I just read on another thread people are reporting their MB's from split stays all work for the duration of their trip. So, basically they are somehow linked and interchangeable. That's just crazy. If that's the case, why are multiple sets needed?? :confused3

I feel for all of you needing to be on the phone everyday with Disney. Every phone call takes so darn long! I've been trying every couple of days to add a day to my FD ressie. Every time I call, there is availability in some different room type - just not the one I need! One day they had River View, next time I called, Royal room, today Standard. Come on Garden View! Funny thing is, I originally was going to book standard, but they only had GV. Now I want the GV!:rotfl: Oh, well. On the positive side, the availability keeps changing, so maybe it'll be there next time. For now, I have a room only booked for 1 night. So, now I'm going to be sent another set of MB's. I just read on another thread people are reporting their MB's from split stays all work for the duration of their trip. So, basically they are somehow linked and interchangeable. That's just crazy. If that's the case, why are multiple sets needed?? :confused3

I suspect it's because at this point they just haven't set up the system to recognize a split stay and *not* send the MB.

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has ever had something set up on the beds at a Disney resort for their kids for when they arrive? Like stuffed Mickey/Minnie's and a letter from them?? If so, can you tell me what I'd have to do to set it up, and how much something like that costs? Thanks so much!!

check out http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do
they have a wide variety of ideas on the website, but you can call and talk about something specific with them. How fun. I would so do this if I had kids coming with us. I'm still not 100% what I'm going to do as I would like this in our room for our anniversary. I just can't see getting flowers and then not be able to take them home with me as I prefer not to carry flowers on the plane with me.

Today I broke down when I walked into a store and right there in the middle of the isle were tiaras. sigh. I picked up 3 and put them all down and then walked around a few more times debating. Finally I purchased one. I'm not 100% I will where it in the parks but the option is not open. ;) And most likely will. At least at MK.
I know there are a bunch of adults that wish they were brave enough to do so. Honestly after about an hour of wearing one the last time, I forgot I had it on. I probably will wear it to BOG for dinner. I know some wear it to all the parks but for me MK is where I feel most Castle worthy. :rotfl:

I just saw that MIchele OBama is going be a speaker at wdw on nov. 14th. Is that going to give us delays at airport?

Oh no, that's the day we fly into MCO. When we flew back into our home airport following some trip in the past our plane had to circle for almost an hour. We learned after landing that Air Force was on the ground with whoever was president at the time. Here's hoping the First Lady's WDW speaking engagement does not impact our trip in any way.

Oh no, that's the day we fly into MCO. When we flew back into our home airport following some trip in the past our plane had to circle for almost an hour. We learned after landing that Air Force was on the ground with whoever was president at the time. Here's hoping the First Lady's WDW speaking engagement does not impact our trip in any way.

Oh great :( do you know which park she'll be at? We were planning AK but may have to re-plan!

We fly in also on the 14th. I'm hoping it won't it won't delay the plane getting to our home airport for our 1:30 pm. She's going to be at the yacht club speaking. You think we can all email her at the White House and ask her to please don't mess up our vacations because we've planned too long for problems?

We fly in also on the 14th. I'm hoping it won't it won't delay the plane getting to our home airport for our 1:30 pm. She's going to be at the yacht club speaking. You think we can all email her at the White House and ask her to please don't mess up our vacations because we've planned too long for problems?

Oh friggin no we have dinner reservations at the yachtsman steakhouse that night. Geez

I'm laughing!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Not one post of excitment that we might get to meet the first lady.
Sorry Michelle!! When I said to DH "Guess who is going to be at WDW" my DH said "Mickey Mouse"....I said "no besides him the first Lady" and he said "Oh Minnie Mouse!" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We don't actually arrive until the 16th so hopefully all will be cleared by then.
I wonder if they did come as a family if they would get only 3 FP+ and magic bands??? Or Do the secret service guys qualify them for front of the line passes. :confused3

Wonder what she is speaking about over there. Obviously some kind of convention over there. hmmmmm

Just wanted to take a moment to give a big Thank You to FigmentChick for starting and maintaining the best countdown thread :disrocks:

I know you're leaving in a few days and wanted to wish you the most magical trip pixiedust:
This goes for all the other November Dis'ers leaving soon :grouphug:

I second this!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter