Official MINIVAN Car Rental Thread*****

Our trip is not until the second week of May 2015. I have been looking at the mini van prices on Costco and they start around $435. Will they come down much for my time frame. We just returned from DW and rented a minivan for about $375. Two years ago in May I was renting a minivan for $199, are those days over?

Thanks!

I don't think so because I am paying $165 for a minivan from Alamo 12/6-12/13

How were you able to get that rate, that is wonderful! Did you use coupon codes? I have been just checking through Costco.

Thanks

Right here on the transportation board. I subscribed to both this thread and the December car rental thread and someone posted a good code and a coupon and the timing was just right! The code that was posted was a passholder code and I forget how much the coupon was for.

I need to book a minivan for Dec 5-14 and the best I can find for pick up and drop off at Disney is over $1000......does that sound right? I really don't want to spend that much.

I need to book a minivan for Dec 5-14 and the best I can find for pick up and drop off at Disney is over $1000......does that sound right? I really don't want to spend that much.

You can do National with a little help from me all in at $376.71... pm me...

Yea way too high. See what Ice Cube can do for you, but at this point I think the only way you will get a lower rate is through Priceline Name Your Own Price

I need a minivan 12/18 pickup at MCO, drop off at either DFW or DAL on 12/27. Right now I have a ressie with national with corporate rate of $470 plus .34 a mile. Any hints? Is this a good rate or do I keep hunting? We'll be going thru New Orleans on the way home if that helps.

Anybody get a decent rate near Spring Break? I'm looking specifically for pickup from MCO on 3/22 and dropping off in MIA on 3/28. Seems like the alternate drop-off point is giving me sky-high crazy rates. I have a $460 rate I booked about six months ago, but really was hoping for something better...

Good luck to those still searching for deals! :goodvibes

Also looking for a good rate on a minivan. Feb. 27-March 6. Renting out of Ft. Myers airport. The best rate I am getting is $550. I know I can do better than that!

I am also hoping for better rates. I need MCO to TPA 3/26 to 4/2. Much better rates if I did it opposite TPA to MCO but I prefer my first choice it has better flight times. Im in the $550+ range

I have found the following rates for the week of April 18th, 2015

$336 at Dollar (AAA rate)
$450 at Hertz (AAA rate)
and $450 at Avis (Corporate rate)

These rates are including all of the fees and taxes.

I booked the Dollar and Hertz rate awhile back...they are higher now. I am probably going to cancel the Dollar booking and go with Hertz, because Hertz includes one free child seat and extra drivers (who are also AAA members)...

the extra charges for those at Dollar would push the Dollar rate to around $500, so Hertz is actually cheaper for me (we need a child seat and want extra drivers).

I am surprised that these are the lowest rates that I can find fro that third week in April....I am going to keep checking

Anyone else have a way to get a better rate?

Hello all. Also new to the offsite/car rental world. Will be staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a week in Nov, after a one night stay at the Beach Club. Was thinking of taking DME in and renting a car for the week, but now I'm considering just using taxi vans to get to and from the park rather than car rental. With WBC so central, basically on property, Taxi vans should average $20/trip, $40/day. Don't see how I can do much better than this with a rental minivan when you factor in theme park parking. Plus, seems more convenient to take a taxi to MK with a Contemporary drop off than drive. What do you guys think? Am I crazy?

Okay. I am so frustrated by this rental car thing. To the point that I feel like an idiot! I've been reading all these threads and plugging in all these discount codes, have called my local AAA office and still not getting anywhere close to the deals that others are getting. Granted, this is our first time going the rental car route, but I'm beginning to think paying the high price tag for staying on property might turn out financial better for us! AHH! Sorry, to vent. We need a minivan from MCO on April 21-28. Would be willing to return to MCO or TPA. The other complicating factor is we need a toddler seat and a booster seat. Thanks to any more advise you have!

-Kelly, currently buried in SNOW outside of Boston! :crazy2:

Just keep checking any day and different times. I originally had a 7 passenger for 5/2 thru 5/9 thru Alamo.
Using insider log on - VROOM Code (299851) and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for 308.16. That was the cheapest I had found and had it for a long time. Then one day last week around 8:30 am - I tried my costco discount (7014627) and the $30 off code on Alamo and got the van for 203.22. That very same discount code is now way about that price, so I just lucked out.

I will keep checking up until May and will book whatever is lower but so far I can't get close with anyone else.

Okay. I am so frustrated by this rental car thing. To the point that I feel like an idiot! I've been reading all these threads and plugging in all these discount codes, have called my local AAA office and still not getting anywhere close to the deals that others are getting. Granted, this is our first time going the rental car route, but I'm beginning to think paying the high price tag for staying on property might turn out financial better for us! AHH! Sorry, to vent. We need a minivan from MCO on April 21-28. Would be willing to return to MCO or TPA. The other complicating factor is we need a toddler seat and a booster seat. Thanks to any more advise you have!

-Kelly, currently buried in SNOW outside of Boston! :crazy2:

For your dates, a mini van from Budget is $282.70 using BCD x474200 (I believe this is a Travelocity code) and coupon mupz044. This is out of Tampa.

I took advice from this thread and keep checking back every couple of days as our trip gets closer to see if I can get a better rate for my weekely minivan rental. My rental has gone from $778 on January 19 to $311 today!!!!! I'm hoping to get it under $300 before we leave. Question: I have 6 confirmations now for a minivan through Thrifty. If I can cancel out my first five and "free up" five minivans for my travel dates will that keep the prices higer? At what point do you cancel confirmations?

subbing as well- looking for 9/29 thru 10/9 : We don't have Costco or any special memberships that I know of, but we are Alamo Insiders.

Sam
Just keep checking any day and different times. I originally had a 7 passenger for 5/2 thru 5/9 thru Alamo.
Using insider log on - VROOM Code (299851) and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for 308.16. That was the cheapest I had found and had it for a long time. Then one day last week around 8:30 am - I tried my costco discount (7014627) and the $30 off code on Alamo and got the van for 203.22. That very same discount code is now way about that price, so I just lucked out.

I will keep checking up until May and will book whatever is lower but so far I can't get close with anyone else.

Same thing happened to me. I would randomly check rates and one Sunday morning the rate dropped way low for about an hour. Grabbed it while I could and never saw it that low again. It was through Alamo and was about my 6th or 7th rate change. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter