Official MINIVAN Car Rental Thread*****

I'm checking and checking and checking...rates for a minivan for my dates seem to hover around $500ish. I think my alternate drop off my be keeping all the deals away!

Picking up from MCO on 3/22 (430ish)
Droping off MIA on 3/28 (830ish)

Those extra four hours are probably keeping it extra high as well.

We are AAA members, but not BJs/Costco.

I've been trying codes, checking different days/times...not finding any real movement.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your help! I was checking last night and found a weekly rental for a 7-passenger minivan through Alamo for $265 (not including taxes and fees). Then I happened to try it again today and it had dropped a bit more for $207.55!!! Now, if I didn't have to pay for 2 carseats then I'd really be all set. That adds $132 to my reservation :( Does anyone happen to know if the rental car companies have any policies against us bringing our own carseats? We have never brought them with us when we've traveled so not sure how that works.

Thanks again all!!!

-Kelly

pretty sure you can bring your own....I believe the airline treats them like strollers and you pick them up on the side as you get off....if not you can definitely check them as luggage.

Currently have a mini van booked with Budget. We will have 7 people with all our luggage. Anyone know how big the trunk area is? We used to have a Grand Caravan and the trunk area was huge.... but it was the extended version. Any help appreciated.

I see that a lot of you are using a costco code, you do need a costco card in order to rent, correct?

pretty sure you can bring your own....I believe the airline treats them like strollers and you pick them up on the side as you get off....if not you can definitely check them as luggage.
Yes southwest lets you check them for free. Alamo lets you bring your own.

Dollar just dropped their minivan prices for the end of Feb beginning of March. No codes just City Special.

Do we check them with our checked luggage or do it curbside? Do they have to be in a specific bag? Thanks again! !:)

We normally use the counter and give it to them with the rest of our checked luggage. We have never used curb side so I'm not sure about that. Yes, you can use your own cover or they sell southwest bags. They were around $10-$15, but can be re-used.

Just reserved 2/17-2/24 minivan thru budget on costcotravel for $222 (incl tax)! I've been checking daily for almost 2 mths! Only day I have seen prices down this low!

Just keep checking any day and different times. I originally had a 7 passenger for 5/2 thru 5/9 thru Alamo.
Using insider log on - VROOM Code (299851) and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for 308.16. That was the cheapest I had found and had it for a long time. Then one day last week around 8:30 am - I tried my costco discount (7014627) and the $30 off code on Alamo and got the van for 203.22. That very same discount code is now way about that price, so I just lucked out.

I will keep checking up until May and will book whatever is lower but so far I can't get close with anyone else.

Thanks for posting this... the first two codes dropped my 6 day minivan rental down to $265 for October! Love my DisFriends!!!

I just got a great minivan rental rate thru Alamo. To/from MCO. Just being an Alamo insider got me $29.32/day for 13 days. July 8-21. $446!! Hurry!

just booked one week mini van out of MCO with Budget for $182 (including all fees) for 4/18/2015-4/25

this included a $20 off coupon and $15 off for prepaying

I see similar (a tad higher) rates at Dollar and Thrifty.

The cheapest that I found, up to now, was $336 with Dollar

Note: Budget is good because spouses can sign on as extra drivers for free

what coupon code if you don't mind???

just booked one week mini van out of MCO with Budget for $182 (including all fees) for 4/18/2015-4/25

wow, that's an awesome price!!

I see that a lot of you are using a costco code, you do need a costco card in order to rent, correct?
If you are using Alamo and using a Costco discount, you are now required to enter your Costco membership number on the reservation before you can complete it. This is something new, when I booked for our January 2015 trip this wasn't required and no one asked to see the card when we got there. Now you have to enter the number or the reservation will not complete.

7 passenger mini-van: P/U & D/O @ MCO, 9/27 thru 10/4 thru Alamo using insider log on - VROOM Code (299851) and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for $244.61!! :yay:
That is the cheapest I have found in quite a while.

Last edited:
^^^^
just used this code for Alamo and I got 11 days for $363 total. Pick up in Tampa and return MCO starting 11/26/15.
I'm just starting to hunt for bargains but this one looks pretty good. TY Mommy2aPrince

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter