• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

We are coming to WDW next christmas (2016) we don't arrive until Saturday 17th Dec. Do you party experts think the party will have ended by then? :(

I just added a 2nd party to our trip, so DSalmost4 and I will be going on 12/6 and 12/8!. I'm so excited. I broke my foot on the first day of our trip last year and our party night was our last night. We were both grumpy and exhausted. We didn't go on any rides, get any cookies, didn't meet any characters.... basically we just saw the parade and left. This year we're going to make up for last year and then some!

We have just booked a very quick 3 night trip to be able to see the Osborne lights....never done it but always wanted to. Since we are there on a party night we will also do that on 12/6. I haven't bought the tickets yet but will get to that in the next few days. I just want to firm up all the plans first. I would actually prefer to buy them after we arrive at WDW but I don't want to miss out on booking some FP+.

Does anyone have any ideas on how busy that night will be?

so excited!! Just purchased our MVMCP tickets for Nov 10!!!! Ready for it to be here!!! LOVE WDW at Christmas time!! :santa:

I just added a 2nd party to our trip, so DSalmost4 and I will be going on 12/6 and 12/8!. I'm so excited. I broke my foot on the first day of our trip last year and our party night was our last night. We were both grumpy and exhausted. We didn't go on any rides, get any cookies, didn't meet any characters.... basically we just saw the parade and left. This year we're going to make up for last year and then some!

Hmm...that is a great idea. We're not going until the party on Dec 15th, so we could possibly go to two more parties. If the one of the 15th is really fun, we just might do it :D

I see that Santa is at MK for the Christmas parties but is he there during the day too? If so, what would be an average wait time & best time to go? We're going to MVMCP Nov 15 but our whole trip is from the 11 - 18. I'd really like the kids to see Santa but would like to save the time at the party and have them meet him during the day.

Thanks!

Ok, I *still* don't get the party ticket/FP+ thing. I've been reading others' posts but still not following for my situation. (simple)
I have party tickets (got them mailed) that are linked on my MDE account to my resort reservation. I have tickets for one other day's admission to be used a couple of days after the party.
I will use the party hard ticket only on the day of the party (at 4pm), not our magic bands, just in case to ensure the other day's admission is not used.
We will not be at a park the day of the party.
MDE allowed me to make FP+ reservations on the day of the party between 4-7pm but then it did not allow me to make FP+ on the day of my other ticket's use a few days later. It said I would have to cancel my party FPs.
Am I not following this correctly? I thought I've done this before~ I'm pretty sure I've made FP+ selections for pre-party times. Help! :) lol....

Ok, I *still* don't get the party ticket/FP+ thing. I've been reading others' posts but still not following for my situation. (simple)
I have party tickets (got them mailed) that are linked on my MDE account to my resort reservation. I have tickets for one other day's admission to be used a couple of days after the party.
I will use the party hard ticket only on the day of the party (at 4pm), not our magic bands, just in case to ensure the other day's admission is not used.
MDE allowed me to make FP+ reservations on the day of the party between 4-7pm but then it did not allow me to make FP+ on the day of my other ticket's use a few days later. It said I would have to cancel my party FPs.
Am I not following this correctly? I thought I've done this before~ I'm pretty sure I've made FP+ selections for pre-party times. Help! :) lol....

You can only book FP+ reservations for the number of ticket days that are linked to your account. Since you did not link your party tickets and you only have 1 day tickets linked you can only book FP+ for 1 day.

Have others had an issue with linking their party tickets and then the party ticket not being used for admission? I know you can have multiple tickets linked and you need to let the CM know which ticket you are using (for example, I have linked both a 6 day no expiration ticket and also a 1 day PH. I need to tell the CM which of these tickets I want to use first. If I don't tell them then the first one linked will be used.).

If both tickets are linked, you should be able to schedule FPs for 2 days. My only thought would be, are you trying to schedule your regular park day beyond the 30-day window?

ETA: just read that you have a resort reservation....so are you within that 60 day window?

We are coming to WDW next christmas (2016) we don't arrive until Saturday 17th Dec. Do you party experts think the party will have ended by then? :(

Typically, the last party is on Friday, so I would expect the last party to be on the 16th.

We've never attended a part before, but we are hoping to be at the Dec 1 party--not a sure thing yet. Any inside information about new party offerings this year? I watched a video of the new Hocus Pocus show for MNSSHP and I was really impressed. Seems like a step up in quality to some of the other party offerings/shows/experiences (that I've also seen on video). I know there is a lot of fuss about overselling the event (a la Villains Unleashed), so hopefully Disney will adjust for the Christmas Party.

I have tix the 15th and 17th I know they will both be sold out but as long as you have a strategy you should be okay. Just keeping mind people around the hub got in place as soon as 2 hrs before parade time for the first parade. That's my biggest worry so I think I'm just going to do the train station instead.

My son and I are attending our first MVMCP and bought tickets to attend the 12/15 party as well - kinda scared :scared:

We did the 3rd MNSSHP last year and every ride was a walk on which was a dream come true. We were hoping for low crowds since we are all about the rides and parade as opposed to the meet and greets. Can you tell me where in the train station do you stake out your spot for the parade? We are usually sitting on the curb on Main St., but always looking for better viewing areas, especially since we always film the parades. If they still do a second parade, we will most likely attend that one.

Okay, I'm sure this is answered somewhere here, but I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

We will be attending MVMCP on 11/8. Because we are just doing a short weekend trip for the Wine & Dine half marathon, the party day is going to be our MK day, so we will be using our park hoppers to enter the park well before the 4pm party entrance time. Where do we need to go to pick up wristbands for the party? Do we need to exit the park some time between 4 and 7 and re-enter using the party ticket?

Okay, I'm sure this is answered somewhere here, but I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

We will be attending MVMCP on 11/8. Because we are just doing a short weekend trip for the Wine & Dine half marathon, the party day is going to be our MK day, so we will be using our park hoppers to enter the park well before the 4pm party entrance time. Where do we need to go to pick up wristbands for the party? Do we need to exit the park some time between 4 and 7 and re-enter using the party ticket?
There will be CMs stationed around the park to provide wristbands so you don't need to leave and re-enter.

No question is too small I'm going to add it I the OP FAQ so people who search for this same topic are aware thanks for posting :)

Tried doing the fastpasses but it keeps scheduling before the party starts (I'm only buying the Christmas Party tix, not regular admission). Anyway around that?

Tried doing the fastpasses but it keeps scheduling before the party starts (I'm only buying the Christmas Party tix, not regular admission). Anyway around that?
There are no FP+ during the party. Your FP+ must be completed by 6:30pm. :santa: If using just a party ticket that day, you'll ideally want to schedule them from 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter