"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

You can only book FP+ reservations for the number of ticket days that are linked to your account. Since you did not link your party tickets and you only have 1 day tickets linked you can only book FP+ for 1 day.

Have others had an issue with linking their party tickets and then the party ticket not being used for admission? I know you can have multiple tickets linked and you need to let the CM know which ticket you are using (for example, I have linked both a 6 day no expiration ticket and also a 1 day PH. I need to tell the CM which of these tickets I want to use first. If I don't tell them then the first one linked will be used.).

If you got a plastic ticket, it is easiest just to use that instead. Even if it is linked. I have had to have guest relations replace tickets later because the ordering got messed up between new and saved tickets. Not fun.

Have not seen anything for 2015 yet, but in 2014 the princes were not at the Halloween party but were at the Christmas party. Fingers crossed....Flynn Rider is on my character bucket list!!
Haven't caught him yet either, good luck!pixiedust:

No idea if either of you are runners, but Flynn meets during princess running weekend events. I caught him after the 5k at the princess breakfast. He very cutely walked his princess out to her meeting post, they took some together, then for the rest of the event he was meeting solo!

Our family is in for Dec 15th! Can't wait as this is our first WDW Xmas trip. Anyone have opinions about using a vip guide during the party? We will be a WDW for 4 days. We loved using the guide at DL are considering it for WDW trip just not sure it is worth it to use on the Xmas party, especially if the rides are not that crowded though I am guessing the parades are packed.

This thread has been very helpful - one question I have is regarding the transportation system for that day. I haven't used it in awhile so my memory is rusty. We are doing the party only that day (no tickets to the theme parks) - can we park at the transportation center and then take a shuttle over to Downtown Disney to eat and then return via bus to enter the park for the party?

No, because there aren't any buses that go from the TTC to DTD.

If you got a plastic ticket, it is easiest just to use that instead. Even if it is linked. I have had to have guest relations replace tickets later because the ordering got messed up between new and saved tickets. Not fun.

No idea if either of you are runners, but Flynn meets during princess running weekend events. I caught him after the 5k at the princess breakfast. He very cutely walked his princess out to her meeting post, they took some together, then for the rest of the event he was meeting solo!
Thanks for the info on Flynn. I'm not a runner, but may consider taking it up if it means some QT with Mr. Rider!! :lovestruc

I am slowly making my way through this thread (on page 30!), so sorry if this is already asked and answered. We are going to the party on Dec 9th, and have one other MK day (regualr hours). Is the frozen holiday wish castle lighting only done on party nights this early in the month? Or will we be able to catch it our other MK day?

I am slowly making my way through this thread (on page 30!), so sorry if this is already asked and answered. We are going to the party on Dec 9th, and have one other MK day (regular hours). Is the frozen holiday wish castle lighting only done on party nights this early in the month? Or will we be able to catch it our other MK day?

It's done every day. Last year they did it twice on party days - once during regular hours and once during the party - but I don't know if they're planning to do that again this year.

Is this the first time they've opened BOG for the Halloween party? Maybe they're testing it out? I see all the cautions about making ressies on a Halloween party night but no mention of Xmas party nights. (I was hoping to score ressies Nov 10 and will keep checking just in case something opens early that night.)

Is this the first time they've opened BOG for the Halloween party? Maybe they're testing it out? I see all the cautions about making ressies on a Halloween party night but no mention of Xmas party nights. (I was hoping to score ressies Nov 10 and will keep checking just in case something opens early that night.)
Yes, this is the first year. They added the additional times very close to the start of the parties, so I'd keep checking.

It's done every day. Last year they did it twice on party days - once during regular hours and once during the party - but I don't know if they're planning to do that again this year.

Thanks so much. I hope they do, we are planning on staying far away from Main Street and the hub until after the first parade, but know my girls would love to see the lighting. If they do, we will catch it the following day when we are back in MK.

Do you guys think that the frozen castle show will be back or are we over frozen yet?

Maybe well get a new stage show like the Sanderson sisters?

What new thing are you guys expecting?

Trying to decide when to do our A&E FP. If we plan to see them on our MVMCP day should we FP them during the first three hours or wait until during the party and hope the line is short? It will be 12/18 which is the last night. I know we want to do Rapunzel during the party since she will be with Flynn but will A&E be the same before and during the party? They won't have anyone else with them, correct? Also, if we have a FP for Rapunzel & Cinderella at say 5:30- 6:30 during MVMCP and go right at 6:30 will it still be just the princesses or will we get to see them with their prince?

I chose the "print at home" option, and now have 4 tickets with barcodes on them. We have magic bands from a previous trip, and the tickets are linked in MDE. Let me see if I have this straight...
1. Take the paper tickets to Will Call and exchange for hard tickets
2. Hard tickets scanned for entry (or magic bands??)
If I have FPs booked from 4-7, can we use our magic bands for those?

Trying to decide when to do our A&E FP. If we plan to see them on our MVMCP day should we FP them during the first three hours or wait until during the party and hope the line is short? It will be 12/18 which is the last night. I know we want to do Rapunzel during the party since she will be with Flynn but will A&E be the same before and during the party? They won't have anyone else with them, correct? Also, if we have a FP for Rapunzel & Cinderella at say 5:30- 6:30 during MVMCP and go right at 6:30 will it still be just the princesses or will we get to see them with their prince?
No princes until party hours.

Last year A&E M&G was no different during party hours than during the day. Try to FP them before the party starts.

Do you guys think that the frozen castle show will be back or are we over frozen yet?
I loved Frozen but as a Disneyland vet who will be losing our ever re-watchable (is that a word? lol) Aladdin play for a Frozen play I'm SO frozen over. But I don't think Disney is yet.

As for excited, I'm most excited to see all the decorations and ride the rides! I've always wanted to see a Disney park done up for Christmas but I'm equally excited to ride the rides with my dear friend this time! It's the first and only time we'll be in the Magic Kingdom for this trip so I am EXCITED!! (Especially after seeing your @CampbellzSoup xmas party photos! It looks like so much fun!)

I chose the "print at home" option, and now have 4 tickets with barcodes on them. We have magic bands from a previous trip, and the tickets are linked in MDE. Let me see if I have this straight...
1. Take the paper tickets to Will Call and exchange for hard tickets
2. Hard tickets scanned for entry (or magic bands??)
If I have FPs booked from 4-7, can we use our magic bands for those?
#1 I also did "print at home" on my ticket, part way down the first page it says 1. print this pdf and 2. bring your tickets- with a description saying go to the entrance turnstiles, you will not need to wait in will call or ticket purchase queues

I'm new and I'm trying to figure out the MB stuff as well so I'll step aside on #2

What new thing are you guys expecting?

As I have never been to WDW ever before...I am most excited about the party itself...it is on the first night we arrive 15th Dec...my daughter is 4 and we are both most excited about meeting the characters...Don't tell my husband, but I have gone way overboard and arranged to have 3 (maybe 4) autograph books made...just in case we meet characters more than once during the trip...I am also really glad my first ever trip will be at xmas time and to see all of the decorations

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but here we go... Do people dress up for the parties in festive Christmas gear? My husband and I have some pretty awesome "ugly" Christmas sweaters that would be neat to wear. We are going to the November 17th party. I've been to WDW tons of times, but I have never been during the Christmas season. This year when I found out they were ending the Osborne Lights I was able to convince my husband to take a quick 4 day trip! Pretty excited/terrified after reading the reviews of how over crowded all the Halloween parties have been though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter