"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

The only must meet character for my daughter is Jack Sparrow - how have his lines been? Would you recommend getting in line early, or waiting it out and trying later in the party?
We went to the nov 17 party and saw captain Jack. We went a bit later in the evening and only waited 10-15 minutes or so. I found that lines for characters on our night weren't bad at all.

The only must meet character for my daughter is Jack Sparrow - how have his lines been? Would you recommend getting in line early, or waiting it out and trying later in the party?

His line isn't too bad if you like up about ten minutes before he starts a new set. If he is your only must meet, I'd just do it at 7. You never know if it will rain or maybe your daughter will get sick or tired, so I would just do it first.

We attended the party on Friday, November 20th and it was CRAZY crowded! :faint: I was a little disappointed with the crowd size; never experienced that during MNSSHP's. With that said, it was TOTALLY worth it. Loved the atmosphere, "treats" (hot chocolate hit the spot on the cooler night we were there), loved the entertainment and parade and the fireworks are AWESOME! We did not have a strong desire to meet the characters other than Scrooge McDuck. We lined up around 7 and our wait was under 30 minutes. He appeared with Donald and Daisy and Minnie were at the next "station" so we managed 4 characters in a short time. My only advice is (#1)...HAVE A PLAN...don't go to the party expecting to "wing it"...time management is key and (#2) do NOT watch the parade on Main Street. WAY to crowded and, being in a crowd, your view is obstructed until the parade passes in front of you. I'd watch it in Frontierland if I had it to do over again. We choose Main Street for the snow but it "falls" the rest of the evening so you wouldn't miss out on that part by watching in Frontierland. If had one "do over" it would be to see the parade again in Frontierland of Liberty Square. :tink:

We attended the party on Friday, November 20th and it was CRAZY crowded! :faint: I was a little disappointed with the crowd size; never experienced that during MNSSHP's. With that said, it was TOTALLY worth it. Loved the atmosphere, "treats" (hot chocolate hit the spot on the cooler night we were there), loved the entertainment and parade and the fireworks are AWESOME! We did not have a strong desire to meet the characters other than Scrooge McDuck. We lined up around 7 and our wait was under 30 minutes. He appeared with Donald and Daisy and Minnie were at the next "station" so we managed 4 characters in a short time. My only advice is (#1)...HAVE A PLAN...don't go to the party expecting to "wing it"...time management is key and (#2) do NOT watch the parade on Main Street. WAY to crowded and, being in a crowd, your view is obstructed until the parade passes in front of you. I'd watch it in Frontierland if I had it to do over again. We choose Main Street for the snow but it "falls" the rest of the evening so you wouldn't miss out on that part by watching in Frontierland. If had one "do over" it would be to see the parade again in Frontierland of Liberty Square. :tink:
Which parade did you watch? The first or second?

My only advice is (#1)...HAVE A PLAN...don't go to the party expecting to "wing it"...time management is key
If there's no interest in any character M&Gs, is above still as critical? We're mainly going because it's our only option for a nighttime MK visit during our stay. My only party-specific wishes are to hear A capella group sing and 2nd parade. Rest of time, really just doing some rides/ordinary MK things. Were the ride/indoor show attraction lines crazy crowded too?

My only advice is (#1)...HAVE A PLAN...don't go to the party expecting to "wing it"...time management is key
If there's no interest in any character M&Gs, is above still as critical? We're mainly going because it's our only option for a nighttime MK visit during our stay. My only party-specific wishes are to hear A capella group sing and 2nd parade. Rest of time, really just doing some rides/ordinary MK things. Were the ride/indoor show attraction lines crazy crowded too?

They weren't when we went to the Tuesday the 17th party. I'm guessing the parties are getting busier since there are only 2-3 weeks left.

The Mine Train had a typical long line, but we walked on a lot rides. Peter Pan said 30 minute wait, but it took less than that.

I'd still plan your evening making time to see the entertainment shows first before attempting any rides. Watch your time so you're through the lines with plenty time left to find a location to watch fireworks and a spot for the late parade. The wait times weren't as long as during the day (Mine Train and Peter Pan being the longest) but it's still critical to plan your "must do's". Main Street area of the park will be crowded the entire evening. :tink:

I'd still plan your evening making time to see the entertainment shows first before attempting any rides. Watch your time so you're through the lines with plenty time left to find a location to watch fireworks and a spot for the late parade. The wait times weren't as long as during the day (Mine Train and Peter Pan being the longest) but it's still critical to plan your "must do's". Main Street area of the park will be crowded the entire evening. :tink:

Thanks for the tips...will aim for the above plan and hope for the best! (We're doing the 12/11 Fri party, so will definitely sell out.)

Yes, but a few days ago the forecast was much better. It will change again :)
(At least that's what I'm telling myself....we are going that night too!)

I keep telling myself the same thing! I'll be at the party the 3rd and it's my first party... (mostly I'd rather it stick to raining between the hours of 2 and 7 am the entire time I'm in Disney...)

Hello all,
I have a quick question on something I cant figure out.
We are going on a quick trip for the Dec 1st party. I selected Fast passes for after 4pm and will be entering on my paper ticket that I printed. What do I use to get into the ride at the assigned fast pass time?

Hello all,
I have a quick question on something I cant figure out.
We are going on a quick trip for the Dec 1st party. I selected Fast passes for after 4pm and will be entering on my paper ticket that I printed. What do I use to get into the ride at the assigned fast pass time?

You'll need to exchange the paper ticket for a plastic RFID-enabled one - I think you do that at Guest Services.

We attended the November 17th party, we arrived at around 6:30pm and left at 12:30am, it was absolutely worth it! It wasn't crowded at all, the most we waited for a ride was about 10min! Both DS(3) and DD(10 months) were mesmerized by the parade and so was I, I totally cried during the fireworks, hearing DS saying woooow! Was an amazing thing! It was our first time going during the holidays and I fell in love! We are planning to go back to MVMCP 2016.

What gets cancelled if it rains? It's an 80% chance of rain for the evening on Thursday when we go to the party. I'm stalking the forecast and it just keeps getting worse. I'm making rain boots, umbrellas and ponchos in our luggage.

Do parties often sell out in mid-December, and how far in advance? We're coming for a very quick weekend trip Dec. 12-14 (leaving midday Monday) to see Osborne lights, which we have never seen in their dancing glory because it rained the one time we saw them previously. If we buy tickets for Sunday's MVMCP, we'd only have one shot of seeing Osborne lights and, well, we all know how predictable Florida weather is.

TL;DR, what are the chances of there still being MVMCP tickets for 12/13 two days in advance, at which point we'd have a better idea of the weather?

(Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere in the previous 115 forum pages.)

In typical little girl fashion, my oldest has now decided that she wants to meet BOTH the princesses/princes sets (I think both Rapunzel/Cinderella and Aurora/Snow White are a priority) AND the 7 dwarfs. We are also traveling with our princess-loving 3 yr old who is a night owl, so we are going to try and stay as late as possible. Fingers crossed.

What is the best strategy if we want to see all of these popular meet & greets? I had originally posted when I thought we just needed to see Rapunzel but now I don't know who to line up for first at 6 pm or earlier. Is it best to see the dwarfs first and then go to see the princesses at the end of the party? Or the other way around? I didn't know if the dwarfs make an early escape.

We have tickets to 12/6 and so far it doesn't seem like weather will be an issue.

Thanks so much!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter