"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

We were at the party on 11/12! Yet another year of MVMCP being the highlight of the whole trip! It was pretty crowded through out our trip, but this night was a breath of fresh air, as the park felt empty!!! We had a 4:30 dinner ADR for BOG and that was a great way to start night off and was fantastic! We were done by 6pm so we walked around and headed toward Frontierland, walked on BTMR and then went to Adventureland and walked right on POTC and Magic Carpets! Around 7:45 we got a spot in Frontierland right next to that little entrance where you walk under and can get to Adventureland- they were handing out cookies and cocoa right there too so we would switch off to grab some while waiting for the first parade. After the parade we just walked on everything! Enchanted Tales with Belle was a first for me and it was awesome! All 4 of us participated and we were able to get photos with Belle at the end. This was the least crowded we had seen MK all trip, so it was the perfect night. We had another night on 11/6 after HDDR where the park was empty, but it really is something during the party with all of the sights and sounds and CM's in their party attire. The only thing we waited for was Mine Train and that was only a 10 minute wait and it was posted at 20 minutes, so that was great. Walking down Main Street with the snow and seeing the tree was really amazing! The tree is usually never up in November so that was a real treat and made for some awesome photos.

I hope everyone else who has gone or is going soon to the party, enjoys it as much as we did!

Were you able to meet the beast at BOG at dinner?

I need help with our party plan. DD wants to meet the ducks, Mary Poppins, the Aladdin gang, and Peter Pan and Wendy. Flynn Rider would be great if we can swing it, too. We are planning on the second parade. Can it be done?

2 plans:

1. Be in line for Flynn and Rapunzel at 6. Meet them around 7. Go to the ducks next. Peter pan and Wendy next depending in time. If your in line before one of their sets start, maybe 15-20 minutes early, you'll be one of the first groups which is important because peter really took his time with each group when we were there. Their line is usually cut before they come out, or right after. Do the Aladdin characters during the first parade, you'll have to get back in line. Jasmine meets with genie, prince Ali with Abu. If you pick one group i'd go with Ali and Abu, they were a lot more fun. I think they might not meet during the parade, but you could try to get them before and after. The cm at their line should be able to help you out.

Watch the second parade by the train station. As the last float is coming, go to Mary and the gangs spot, it's where snow meets during the day, or to the right of Mickey's meet and greet if your looking at that area head on.

Then, because your there, you could also jump into Mickey's line a few minutes before midnight and it shouldn't be too long.

2. Do peter and Wendy first. Line up 15 minutes before their set. Do everything else the same, except do Flynn and rapunzel during the first parade and Aladdin characters during fireworks.

Opinions: Characters we won't want to miss are Rapunzel with Flynn and The Ducks. We will be there the entire night and plan on seeing the 2nd parade. Thoughts of when to see them? :santa:

Strategy/timing question... The priority for my girls (7, 3) is to meet the princesses and princes during the party.

Sounds like we need to line up at 6 for Rapunzel and Flynn.

If we do this and then head over to the other princesses/princes line, what kind of a wait should I prepare for?

Thanks for all of the helpful info!

I'd make go to Flynn around 545 to try to guarantee being first, the sooner you get out of there and to the others the better. If be prepared to wait half an hour to an hour. Sorry I can't give a better estimate than that.

Also, if princes are a priority Aladdin meets in his prince Ali costume, this is probably the only time of year he does. However, he meets with Abu, not jasmine.

Good luck!

Opinions: Characters we won't want to miss are Rapunzel with Flynn and The Ducks. We will be there the entire night and plan on seeing the 2nd parade. Thoughts of when to see them? :santa:

Rapunzel/Flynn (poor Cinderella and prince, nobody cares hah) be in line 545/6. Go straight to ducks after meeting them. If you don't want to watch the fire works, do the ducks then.

We're in! This will be our first Christmas party. We did Halloween in 2014. 12/8/2015.

To add another question to the bunch, I am looking for some advice from those who have attended this year. I am debating one of the following transportation scenarios:

1. Valet park at WL (where we are having lunch) and use the boats to get to and from MVMCP.
2. Park at TTC (before or after lunch at WL) to get to and from MVMCP.

Which do you think would streamline our exit from the park at the end of the night? Would it be faster to take the monorail/ferryboat back to the TTC or should we take one of the boats to WL to pick up my car from the valet? I know it will be crowded and crazy, but a few minutes saved getting back to the car are a few more minutes sleep I will get to squeeze in after driving home (I have to work the following morning) :sad::coffee:

Thanks! :thumbsup2
I believe that a two hour parking allowance is customary for eating at resort hotels. They are strict about it at CR; I don't know about WL. The "right" thing to do would be to park at the TTC.

A picture taken after the party

742410DSC00240.jpg

I believe that a two hour parking allowance is customary for eating at resort hotels. They are strict about it at CR; I don't know about WL. The "right" thing to do would be to park at the TTC.

My Briar Rose plans to valet park at WL - it's perfectly alright to valet park at a resort and then go to a park.

MVMCP vets - need some advice. Plan to arrive around 4 and line up immediately for Sandy Claws. Our other priority M&G opps are Flynn and the ducks. Which would you recommend lining up for first? Neither come out before 7, correct? And best time to meet the other (1st parade? End of the night?) TIA!!
Sandy Klaws comes out at 5 but you will need to have your wristband first the CM's were checking before allowing you in line. Go there first then then go to the ducks and Flynn

To add another question to the bunch, I am looking for some advice from those who have attended this year. I am debating one of the following transportation scenarios:

1. Valet park at WL (where we are having lunch) and use the boats to get to and from MVMCP.
2. Park at TTC (before or after lunch at WL) to get to and from MVMCP.

Which do you think would streamline our exit from the park at the end of the night? Would it be faster to take the monorail/ferryboat back to the TTC or should we take one of the boats to WL to pick up my car from the valet? I know it will be crowded and crazy, but a few minutes saved getting back to the car are a few more minutes sleep I will get to squeeze in after driving home (I have to work the following morning) :sad::coffee:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

There can oftentimes be very long lines for the resort boats. I'd park at the TTC.

Anyone know if talking Mickey had a MVMCP costume this year?

Yes, he wears a subtle green and red plaid vest.

Good news for mickey, he is one of the only characters whose line stays open until midnight. So if your staying that late, i'd jump in line for him a few minutes til midnight, then you don't really have to use party time.

I'd make go to Flynn around 545 to try to guarantee being first, the sooner you get out of there and to the others the better. If be prepared to wait half an hour to an hour. Sorry I can't give a better estimate than that.

Also, if princes are a priority Aladdin meets in his prince Ali costume, this is probably the only time of year he does. However, he meets with Abu, not jasmine.

Good luck!

Rapunzel/Flynn (poor Cinderella and prince, nobody cares hah) be in line 545/6. Go straight to ducks after meeting them. If you don't want to watch the fire works, do the ducks then.

Thanks so much! The last time we did the party, we met the 7 Dwarves and lined up just as early. But this year, my kidlets are old enough to know they'd rather meet the princesses and princes! Thanks for the guidance!

2 plans:

1. Be in line for Flynn and Rapunzel at 6. Meet them around 7. Go to the ducks next. Peter pan and Wendy next depending in time. If your in line before one of their sets start, maybe 15-20 minutes early, you'll be one of the first groups which is important because peter really took his time with each group when we were there. Their line is usually cut before they come out, or right after. Do the Aladdin characters during the first parade, you'll have to get back in line. Jasmine meets with genie, prince Ali with Abu. If you pick one group i'd go with Ali and Abu, they were a lot more fun. I think they might not meet during the parade, but you could try to get them before and after. The cm at their line should be able to help you out.

Watch the second parade by the train station. As the last float is coming, go to Mary and the gangs spot, it's where snow meets during the day, or to the right of Mickey's meet and greet if your looking at that area head on.

Then, because your there, you could also jump into Mickey's line a few minutes before midnight and it shouldn't be too long.

2. Do peter and Wendy first. Line up 15 minutes before their set. Do everything else the same, except do Flynn and rapunzel during the first parade and Aladdin characters during fireworks.
Thank you! That is very helpful.

The only must meet character for my daughter is Jack Sparrow - how have his lines been? Would you recommend getting in line early, or waiting it out and trying later in the party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter