• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official MAY 2015 Thread! Come check in!***

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, if there is another, or if I should start my own thread?

My wife and I are “locals”, about 45 minutes from DL, and visit the park once or twice a year. We went this past January for our engagement anniversary, and will be going to our first DapperDay this September.

But…

I need another day trip “fix” in between! So, here is what I’m thinking, and need to have a good story to hopefully convince my wife.

Thursday May 28, 2015

Here is my thinking:

First off several of the long range crowd forecasts say things will be about the best this day for this time of year as it is AFTER Memorial Day, it IS a week day, and its NOT scheduled to be a Grad Night day. Its after the start of the Diamond Celebration, and I’d love to see this.

Please help me out, am I missing anything about this day / date, or would there be a better one within a few days – week?
We are planning to be there on the same day (our last of 4 days) I have the same thoughts and information you do, hope it will be a good day!

My family and I will be heading to Disneyland May 1-8. My hubby, 24 year old son and 14 year old daughter will be staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn. Sad that we will be missing most of the 60th celebration offerings. Would love to luck out for some soft openings but if not I guess we will just have to plan to make it back again before it's over.

I'll be there from May 20-23 at the Disneyland Hotel :)

Going straight there from Orlando after our trip to WDW and will attempt to be in all 6 parks coast-to-coast in one day :p

Off topic: a Jem comic book just came out this week! Thought you may be interested

Thank you for the heads up on that. I will definitely look into it!! I love Jem and now i have my 6yr old niece odsessed with it to. I have the complete series dvd box set.

Made my first dining reservation of the trip! :) We are only doing two reservations this trip since we are trying to save some money for uber (we aren't old enough for a rental car) and of course souvenirs from the 60th! Just under 2 months now until the trip!

I have a tentative trip planned for the 23rd and 24th. Not official yet, but hoping it will be official soon.

It's final! We'll be at Disney for my 25th birthday! (well sort of.. we leave for home on my birthday)

Since we did such a big (ie expensive) trip in January we'll be staying at the Motel 6 Maingate and be at Disneyland from May 22-25th.

I've already planned our usual Minnie's breakfast and my boyfriend wants Cafe Orleans since we've skipped it the last few times. I think for everything else we'll play it by ear.

My husband and I will be there May 17th to 21st. I, too, am hoping for some soft openings that week. First time staying at the Grand California Villas as a DVC member. Just hubby and I, no kids, no grandkids, no friends LOL

Oh and have already made 3 dining reservations. Dinner at Steakhouse 55 the day we arrive, then Storyteller Cafe Character breakfast (surprise for Hubby LOL) on Tuesday, and then also on Tuesday, dinner at Hungry Bear BBQ.

29 days until our surprise trip!!!:dancer:
How many days for you??

Since you know about your trip, how is it a surprise? I am like totally confused man. lol
Not sure as to how many days, because I am not good at math. And I like cannot find my calendar. ;) lol

We'll be there 5/25-6/2.

We are staying at the GVC, first time as dvc owners.

Nice! I am hoping to be a first, but not last, lol... house guest of Charlie Sheens, while visitng Southern California. :) Can't wait. I wonder if he is a member of Club 33?

Since you know about your trip, how is it a surprise? I am like totally confused man. lol
Not sure as to how many days, because I am not good at math. And I like cannot find my calendar. ;) lol
It's a surprise to the kids :flower:

I'll be there twice in May, thanks to a miscalculation (not mine) that means I have a lot more vacation time to use than I thought.

7-11 with Mom for Tink Weekend - Marriott Fairfield Inn
21-24 solo because when will I get to do a 24 hour day again? - Ramada Maingate

Anxiously awaiting the park hours for the week of May 10th! It is only 40 days out. They had been updating the hours daily until the week I need them:rotfl2: I wonder what the hold up is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter