Official May 2011 thread!

Does my ticker really say FIVE DAYS??!?! We have been waiting so long and it's almost here! Maybe we'll some disers... Seems like a lot of people are going soon!!!

Hitting the road tomorrow!

I just found about 10 minutes ago your various threads and starting enjoying the PTR right away.
If you have a few minutes, can you direct me to some of your posts that describe the change from POR to CBR? By some vary unexplanable reasons, we have friends that just were changed from POFQ to CBR the third week in September due to the free dining plan not be available in October and other reasons.
Now, we have to do some quick research on CBR. Any quick thoughts on which village to request? I'll read your posts and others on CBR, but just wanted to get a quick start on where to look.

Have a very safe drive tomorrow and enjoy your visit.

We are driving down from Michigan, just spent 2 nights in Tennessee with fAmily,one headed to see more family in ft myers. We will be at Disney on Saturday......cannot wait!

I just found about 10 minutes ago your various threads and starting enjoying the PTR right away.
If you have a few minutes, can you direct me to some of your posts that describe the change from POR to CBR? By some vary unexplanable reasons, we have friends that just were changed from POFQ to CBR the third week in September due to the free dining plan not be available in October and other reasons.
Now, we have to do some quick research on CBR. Any quick thoughts on which village to request? I'll read your posts and others on CBR, but just wanted to get a quick start on where to look.

Have a very safe drive tomorrow and enjoy your visit.

Glad you are enjoying the pre-trip report (despite the fact that it took me forever to post any real Disney plans). We originally booked a package with free dining which didn't start until May 27th. That was a bit of a problem because we were arriving on May 25th. Fortunately, shortly after we booked the package, Disney came out with a room only % off promo and I booked two nights at POR and then we were going to make the switch to the CBR.

After thinking about moving from one resort to another, we decided to change our room only reservation to CBR and ask that there be a notation made that the stay would be "continuing" meaning there is a possibility that we get to stay in the same room the entire time.

The CBR is a fantastic resort and we love everything about it....the landscaping, the bus transportation, the new pool....well, everything. We have stayed in Martinique three times. Twice in preferred (paid for it once because that was all that was available and we were upgraded free once) in Building 26 and Building 25. We have also stayed in Martinique 23 which is not a preferred location. On our two other visits to the CBR, we were in Jamaica Building 41. Our walks from the non-preferred locations to Old Port Royale (main pool, food court, marina, etc.) were about 5 minutes at a leisurely pace. Our walk from the preferred locations were about 2 minutes.

I, personally, wouldn't pay the extra money for a preferred location because I love walking. My 77 year old mother went with us last year and had no problem, whatsoever, walking from Jamaica, over the island and on to Old Port Royale. That being said, many people don't like to walk so they book preferred. The walk around the entire CBR promenade is just 1.4 miles long meaning even if your building is one of the furthest out, you are never more than, roughly, half that far to Old Port Royale. Of course, the pirate rooms are a bit more of a walk but I timed my walk from there to OPR and it was 6 1/2 minutes.

We are leaving our location up to the Disney this trip and have only put in a request for a ground floor because of my mother.

The bus route at the CBR varies. Sometimes, the buses come in from the front entrance and when they do that, Martinique will be the first bus stop and Barbados will be the last (picking up and dropping off). If the bus comes in from the side entrance (only buses use that entrance), the first bus stop will be Jamaica and Trinidad South will be the last stop. We have always found the CBR buses to be very efficient. Our ride from Jamaica, around the resort and then pulling into Hollywood Studios was just 11 minutes. The ride to Epcot was either 10 minutes or 12 minutes. I can't remember but do remember that it was a minute more or less than HS. The rides to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were a bit longer but not long at all.
]
Each CBR village has their own bus stop, laundry facility, quiet pool and white sandy beach complete with beach chairs and hammocks. I love having all of those things available to me without having to go to one central location.

If you or your friend have any other CBR specific questions, feel free to post and I'll try to answer 'em.

We are driving down from Michigan, just spent 2 nights in Tennessee with fAmily,one headed to see more family in ft myers. We will be at Disney on Saturday......cannot wait!

Just got back yesterday ... had a wonderful time. Weather was great (except for arrival day) and crowds were low. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So...house is clean..except for the daily routine of stuff. Waiting til Thursday to do last bits of laundry, dishes, and straightening up.

Now to finish up stuff for work the next 2 1/2 days.

It's SOOO CLOSE!!!!:cool1::dance3:

And my DH has made signs and with the help of his friend at work...a new Dis Sign will be on his office wall each day we are gone :rotfl:

3 days left :goodvibes The bags are out the clothes are ready, the check list is checked! So ready to go :cool1:

3 days left :goodvibes The bags are out the clothes are ready, the check list is checked! So ready to go :cool1:

Me too!!! :banana:Now that everything is packed though, I don't have anything to keep myself busy...time is going so slowly! Come on Friday!

Leaving for Disney as soon as I get off work today!

Hope you have a great time -- I too have really enjoyed reading about your last trip (it was the deciding factor that we wanted to try CBR).

We'll be there in 4 days :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter