• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

.:Official March 2015 thread!:.

Planning for March 13-22! It will be almost four years by then since we have been there but very much looking forward to the trip! :)

We have never been in March but since we are coming from Ontario I think we will be flying to save time!

I'm thinking of a March trip for my boys 9th birthday! We are going in Nov for my 30th. No definite plans yet, need to wait to see when next years school calendar is released when their week long break is....

Welcome to the new Marchers. I am a bit scared of the crowd levels myself, as our other trip was in May and was wonderful crowd-wise. However, I'm hopeful that going in prepared for crowds will be helpful in dealing with them.

I was just thinking....we have never done the water parks....has anyone got a waterparks AP and just done the waterparks, maybe seaworld and some offsite stuff? Not sure I could be there and not go to MK and AK though!!!

We are headed to WDW March 30 - April 6, 2015. Booked at Coronado and can't wait!! I just asked to joined the facebook page.
We'll also be staying two nights at Universal so DS will be visit Hogwarts for his 11th Birthday:cool1:

We are going to BWV's for 7 days in mid-late March... taking my family & DMiL & DSiL, too. Looking forward to seeing the F&G Festival!!! :woohoo:

We are planning on 1900 Park Fare as well. My daughter was Mary Poppins last Halloween - absolutely loves her! We're thinking of getting the dining plan since the kiddos want to do a bunch of character meals, but I'm hoping to be able to use one set of credits on a TS at Epcot. Right now I'm leaning toward Via Napoli, but not sure yet. What do you all think?

We did Via Napoli last year with our kids and loved it!

I'm thinking of a March trip for my boys 9th birthday! We are going in Nov for my 30th. No definite plans yet, need to wait to see when next years school calendar is released when their week long break is....

My son will turn 9 in March while we are there too. Way better than throwing a birthday party. :)

We did Via Napoli last year with our kids and loved it!

We are actually leaning toward Teppan Edo at this point because we will be doing Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose the next day - don't want to overdo it on the Italian food! I still really want to try Via Napoli, though. Something to look forward to for next time.

My son will turn 9 in March while we are there too. Way better than throwing a birthday party. :)

We are also celebrating a birthday! DD is turning 7 on the trip. And I agree, MUCH better than throwing a birthday party.

My husband and my son have the same spring break, so we will be there March 14 to March 21! :cool1:

I booked Bay Lake Tower last week, but we're hoping to switch to Boardwalk Villas when our 7-month window opens.

I renewed our APs yesterday, so our September and March trips are covered. Back in January (when I didn't think we'd make two trips within a year) I'd ordered 5-day park hoppers for our September trip. So we'll just keep those for a future trip.:)

Hi I'm going in. Our dates are 3/20-3/27 I think the last two days will be at US and IOA though which will be a first for us. I'm thinking about renting points but I'm not sure yet.

Glad to be on board for March 2015. 3/7-3/12 BWV - first time renters and very excited!

We're confirmed for March 7th-14th. Does anyone have any insight about how gnarly the crowds will be?

Easywdw shows they'll be pretty heavy. Is this early in March for Spring Break crowds or will we be right in the thick of it?

My wife and I are both teachers so this is our Spring Break #5 in WDW. The crowds are indeed heavy because this is the first strong week of Spring Break season. They can be managed by being there for rope drop and getting the important things out of the way by lunch. We ususally park hop to another park and take it easy in the afternoons. We do love the weather - great temps and not much rain. It's only rained 1 day in 4 Spring Breaks for us. You will enjoy this time of year!!

Undercover Tourist shows mid level crowds. EasyWDW hasn't got March 2015 yet. Is UCT reliable? We were able to take advantage of a late start back to school after Christmas at the beginning of this year, but there isn't anything other than spring break or summer for us next year. Not fond of heat or crowds so planning for March.

We are doing 7 days in parks. Thinking of doing one day at US/IOA to see Potter worlds (never done US or IOA). Discovered our kids could care less about Epcot so planning one day in HS, one in AK and at least 3 in MK. Not sure what to do with other day, maybe another MK day. The only thing I know for sure I have to do is get fast passes for Anna and Elsa if they are still greeting.

By no means did we see everything in any of the parks when we went last time. It was our girls first visit and we went at their pace. There was a lot we wanted to do, but we just didn't have time.

Suggestions appreciated, and thank you in advance.

ETA: Wow! Looked at ticket prices for one day for our family at IOA/US and it will be over $500. May be skipping that.

My husband and my son have the same spring break, so we will be there March 14 to March 21! :cool1:

I booked Bay Lake Tower last week, but we're hoping to switch to Boardwalk Villas when our 7-month window opens.

I renewed our APs yesterday, so our September and March trips are covered. Back in January (when I didn't think we'd make two trips within a year) I'd ordered 5-day park hoppers for our September trip. So we'll just keep those for a future trip.:)

If you end up keeping your current reservation, we will be at the same resort at the same time. :goodvibes

Glad to be on board for March 2015. 3/7-3/12 BWV - first time renters and very excited!

We are also renting for the first time - so far everything has gone smoothly!

Undercover Tourist shows mid level crowds. EasyWDW hasn't got March 2015 yet. Is UCT reliable? We were able to take advantage of a late start back to school after Christmas at the beginning of this year, but there isn't anything other than spring break or summer for us next year. Not fond of heat or crowds so planning for March.

We are doing 7 days in parks. Thinking of doing one day at US/IOA to see Potter worlds (never done US or IOA). Discovered our kids could care less about Epcot so planning one day in HS, one in AK and at least 3 in MK. Not sure what to do with other day, maybe another MK day. The only thing I know for sure I have to do is get fast passes for Anna and Elsa if they are still greeting.

By no means did we see everything in any of the parks when we went last time. It was our girls first visit and we went at their pace. There was a lot we wanted to do, but we just didn't have time.

Suggestions appreciated, and thank you in advance.

ETA: Wow! Looked at ticket prices for one day for our family at IOA/US and it will be over $500. May be skipping that.

I don't know about UCT's crowd prediction reliability, sorry. I would guess that any spring break week will be crowded, though. We can only go during high crowd times at this point, and so decided we'd rather have crowds and wonderful weather than crowds and awful heat, so went with March.

As far as park day suggestions, I am really biased, but I would suggest giving Epcot another look. It actually ended up being my kiddos' favorite park. If you're interested in specific ideas, I'd be glad to share them, but don't want to try to give you the hard sell if you've already made up your mind it's not for you. However, with 7 park days, I don't think it could hurt too much to give it another go, especially if you've got hoppers and could jump to another park if you had the same experience.

We are planning a trip the week of March 21st. Not sure the exact dates yet but my cousin is getting married the 27th so it will definitely be that week. I am hoping that there will be a kids stay,play, eat free deal otherwise we will probably be staying off site. We have gone twice in September so the costs in March for flights and rooms and the heavy crowds are freaking me out lol

I don't know about UCT's crowd prediction reliability, sorry. I would guess that any spring break week will be crowded, though. We can only go during high crowd times at this point, and so decided we'd rather have crowds and wonderful weather than crowds and awful heat, so went with March.

As far as park day suggestions, I am really biased, but I would suggest giving Epcot another look. It actually ended up being my kiddos' favorite park. If you're interested in specific ideas, I'd be glad to share them, but don't want to try to give you the hard sell if you've already made up your mind it's not for you. However, with 7 park days, I don't think it could hurt too much to give it another go, especially if you've got hoppers and could jump to another park if you had the same experience.

I wouldn't mind giving Epcot another shot, just don't know what DH will say. After the trip and we were talking about what was fun and what wasn't they both said they didn't like Epcot and didn't want to go back. The last trip our girls knew about it for months before we went. They think we aren't going back until 2017 so this trip will be a complete surprise for them. That means I have to creatively find out what they actually want to do. We spent a LOT of time waiting in character lines last time and they have let us know they only want to meet certain characters next time, not all of them. Anna & Elsa, Mickey, and Rapunzel are what we know for sure. There were a lot of rides in MK we didn't get to do for lack of time and big crowds.

Still trying to decide if WWOHP at US/IOA is worth $500 for one days worth of tickets.

Looks like I'm joining the February and March groups! DH and I are heading down February 25 to March 10 for our honeymoon. DH hasn't been since he was 5 so we're pretty excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter