**** official june 2015 thread! **** come check in!

Yay! We leave for California this time next week and in two weeks we'll be starting our day in Disneyland! Thank you to everyone who is posting about crowds and wait times -- DH and I haven't been to DL in over ten years (separately) so it really will feel like our first time there. I'm a longtime WDW fan and I can't wait to be in Walt's park!!

We're leaving tomorrow! But, we won't be in the parks until Sunday since my AP is blocked out tomorrow :( Oh well, we should have some time tomorrow afternoon to hit DTD and hopefully the World of Disney store. I like to do my shopping early in the trip!

Yes, thank you everyone who has reported back. It really is helpful. Even though I was there 3 weeks ago, I was solo so it's nice to hear experiences with kids. I'll also try to report back to let you all know how our trip was.

We went to world of Disney at DTD today and they did have quite a few clear Mickey head ornaments with 60th lettering. So, they may have just gotten them in. No 60th ball ornaments though.

just over a week to go until I hit the land of sunshine, the packing has officially started, my Disney lanyard is now in the suitcase :)

I leave tomorrow morning and hit the parks Sunday (my AP is blocked tomorrow). We are staying at the PPH and plan on hanging out at the pool tomorrow, then hitting DTD. We are having dinner at Jazz Kitchen and plan to shop our little hearts out at WOD!!! Also gonna grab a treat at Marcelines on the way back to the hotel!!! I can't wait!!! I wish 5 o'clock would hurry up and get here, I have stuff to do!!! :)

does anyone happen to know the telephone number to world of disney at DTD? I missed the boat and didn't get my son his Darth Vader pjs in 10 and it's sold out everywhere.
Also, if anyone is down there now, did you happen to see any Toy Story pjs? I buy my son Buzz and Woody each year, but no one seems to have them.
I'd like to call the stores in DTD but the number is no where to be found....
thanks in advance!

Any of you current June people been using ridemax at the parks? If so how accurate and helpful or not helpful has it been.
Cheers
Adam

Okay guys so today was the best day ever. I was so nervous about making it to the magic morning, our friends not arriving until late morning, and trying to make it all day through Fantasmic and fireworks.

Well I'm happy to report that not only did we survive, but we got engaged along the way! My fiancé (so weird saying that) wanted to do it right at park opening, thinking I would want to stop for photopass pics. But I had a mission to ride Matterhorn and the rest of Fantasyland. By the time we made it to stop for pics, it was around 11am and our friends had just joined us. As I was getting the card back from the photographer, I turned around and he was on one knee! It's a bit of a blur, but he had a go pro recording from his wrist and our friends took video and pics too.

After that I couldn't have cared less what we did the rest of the day! We did take about an hour break just to freshen up before dinner. I guess we were running on adrenaline, who knows.

Anyway, it was just a perfect birthday, and thank you again to everyone who encouraged me to go to the early magic hour!

We have the next few days up in LA, then we check in to GCV on Wednesday for 4 nights. I'm ready to rest, between travel yesterday from the east coast with the day starting at 5am EST and ending at 10:30pm PST, and then the whirlwind of today, I'm short on sleep. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Congrats Marcia! What a great surprise that must have been. He sounds like a keeper!

We arrived earlier this morning and had to wait for a room at BWPPI. I requested a room on 3rd floor in the back and got exactly what I wanted. I am pleasantly surprised with the room. It is very spacious and clean. We went to Downtown Disney for a few hours and ate at EOS. It was just as good as I remembered. We checked out Trader Sams but it was packed at 1pm so we didn't stay. I hope we can try again later in the week. We are looking forward to DCA tomorrow. Planning on rope drop and wide right to get on RSR first thing. Our only set in stone plans are BB Fantasmic! At 6:10 on Wednesday, watching fireworks from F! Area then watching PTN. It will be a late night but worth it cause I will not wait hours to watch the parade. Really hoping the 11pm parade crowd is much lighter.

Thanks for all the congrats! Here's a couple pics out friends were able to get.

We did Matterhorn as our first stop, there was a bit of a delay but we were on the second bobsled around 7:10am. The CM manning the ride got us first visit buttons and me a birthday button while we were waiting for the ride to open. I'm so glad that was our first ride!

We also did Alice, Pinocchio, Toad, and space mountain before the magic morning was over. Then it was on to story land canal boats and grabbed fast pass for Indy.

We stopped at Starbucks for coffee and got some quiches and a cupcake at Jolly Holiday. Then it was time to use our Indy FP but it was shut down, so we went to Haunted Mansion instead. No line. When we got off Indy was running again so we used our FP. Then back to the hub for pics and to meet our friends. He waited until they arrived so they could take pics.

After all of that, I don't even know, I lost track of time, but we grabbed a FP for space with a return time of 5:25-6:25 which was perfect since we had dinner at Blue Bayou at 6:10 with the Fantasmic package. We went on Pirates which was about a half hour wait at this point.

Then we headed to California Adventure. Got FP for California Screamin, then grabbed some food at the Asian rice bowl place. Walked around Cars Land got some pics and some ice cream and drinks, then it was time for our Screamin FP. Lots of fun! Then we went on Toy Story which is mine and my fiancé's favorite ride. Wait wasn't too bad, about 25 minutes. I beat him, 261,900 to 245,100. We take this competition seriously, even though we work together to unlock the special stuff!

After that, we went back to the hotel to freshen up, then back to use our Space FP and dinner and Fantasmic which was great! Fireworks too.

All in all an amazing day. We got a lot done despite being a bit distracted! Can't wait to get back on Wednesday! We're doing the World of Color dinner package since we aren't sure what time we will be heading down from LA. No plans for Wed other than WOC so we shall see what awaits us!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 9
Any of you current June people been using ridemax at the parks? If so how accurate and helpful or not helpful has it been.
Cheers
Adam

We went to DL on Monday, 6/8. We used Ridemax and found it pretty accurate. It didn't have Haunted Mansion as having FP, but the parks did have HM FP's that day, so I just got a FP for it instead of waiting in line. Ridemax totally helped us make the most of our time there.

haha, we started at DCA today and RSR and Toy Story are both down. They weren't giving out FP for RSR till its up again. We decided at last second to try DCA first today despite the EMH. Should have stayed with my original plan.

Almost forgot to check in!
June 28th to July 3rd at CCI
Am so excited to get out of Dodge!

Interesting day today for us at DL. Planned on starting at DL since it was EMH in DCA today but got to the gates later than anticipated and the line to get in was pretty long (they hadn't opened the gates to head to rope drop yet). So we made a quick decision to head to DCA instead since there was no line for that one since they had started letting people in to rope drop. Big mistake on our part. RSR was down so couldn't ride or get a FP. TSMM was down as well. The line for soarin got big quick because of this so we didn't get that in today either. After a few smaller rides we hopped back to DL and got Indy FP and then rode POC and HM. BTMRR was down at this point and my wait time app showed fantasy land rides as short 5-15 minute waits. I was skeptical but we went over there and it was way off on the waits. I did single rider on the MH and we all did IASW and then went to eat lunch. Then it was time for Indy. DD was excited because it was her first time riding Indy. We got to the stairs leading down to the loading area and it broke down. We waited maybe 10 minutes or so and then they announced it was down indefinitely. They had us all walk through the exit and gave us FPs (scanned onto our park tickets which was a first for me, all 3 on one card good for any FP ride at any time that day). We didn't make it back to Indy today but we have our MM tomorrow so we will get over there soon after rope drop and probably get FPs as well after to ride again.

We went to DCA and saw Alladin at 2:20 (DGFs first time and she loves live plays so it was a hit for her). Sat in the mezzanine for the first time and I liked it. I picked that section by accident but it worked out. We let DD play in bugs land water areas for a while after that and then went over to RSR to use those FPs we got from Indy and they worked so we rode that today as well. We ended by using some FPs for star tours that we picked up before hopping back to DCA and then decided to go back to the hotel and figure out dinner. DGF and I had thoughts of going back after DD was in bed with DGFs mom watching her but that didn't happen. I want to make our morning go much better than today by utilizing the MM and get there bright and early so we can get in line and then I can get some Beignets from jazz kitchen for breakfast. Then we can hit FL, Space, Star tours, buzz etc before going to Indy and BTMRR. Then I will feel accomplished in the morning. Today I felt like we messed up in the morning and were trying to play catch up the rest of the day. And with so many rides down at the time we were trying to ride them it made it hard. Still had a really fun day. We will get FPs for F! tomorrow and plan to see the parade and fireworks on Thursday when we have a much bigger group who joining us who will want to hold a spot for us all (I just am not willing to do that for shows but I will join a group who is willing to do it for me and I'm not ashamed of that at all).

Just checking in. We got to DCA at rope drop hoping to ride RSR but it was down. Then tried TSMM but it was down also so we did some non headliners. Kinda a bummer. We hopped to DL for a few hours then back to DCA. We got stuck on California Screamin at almost the top of the incline and had to be walked down from the ride. If I am being honest, it really made me nervous. I am not a fan of heights.

The parks have were extremely crowded today. Most rides were 45 minutes or more of a wait. Last time we were at DL was two years ago in July and rides were 15-20 minutes wait so I was kinda surprised at the wait times. Still having a great time!

We are going to DL tomorrow for MM. Hopefully all rides will be operational. I hope everyone who is here is having a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter