**** official june 2015 thread! **** come check in!

Just leaving Anaheim after four days of fun! It was crowded but I didn't think it was totally awful.

On the way home after a fun week. Here are some thoughts.

The new parade and fireworks are really good but I still don't get why anyone would stake out a spot to see them. And it is possible to get a decent view without waiting a long time you just have to not be concerned with where your at. The parade especially is easy to see without a curb spot because most of what there is to see is tall. And there are spots along Main Street where the roped off area is only wide enough for 3 or 4 people deep so it's not too difficult to see the dancers and stuff that aren't up high as they go by you.

Even though I lucked out with my F! FP and getting a spot I am not a fan of the FP for this show. It's what I have always hated about WOC and now it's pretty much the same for F!. The shows are great but what they expect you to do to get a good spot is rediculous.

I liked the new WOC. I have no complaints about the show itself, just the time and effort you have to put in just to have a chance at a good spot.

The hatbox ghost was really cool. I enjoyed that addition to HM.

BTMRR is still a great ride and the upgrades they did a couple years ago make it better. It was my first time riding since they did the big upgrades.

The new yeti is awesome on MH.

AIWL was also better with the new effects.

DD loved seeing Arendelle in the Storybook land canal boats.

I miss getting on PP first thing in the morning on my MM day but I know there will be a next time.

I rode Screaming for the first time ever because DGF begged me too. It's just not my thing. I think the theming of the other roller coasters make them a lot more fun for me. A roller coaster just to be a roller coaster just doesn't do it for me.

Did the Anna and Elsa Meet and greet. Took about 20 minutes in line with our FP. DD was complaining about waiting and saying she didn't want to see Anna and Elsa now and then when it was our turn Elsa asked her what the best part of her day was and she said "meeting you". She gave Elsa the biggest hug ever when our turn was up.

We stopped at several PP+ spots and took lots of pics. I'm excited to go through them this weekend and see how they came out. We got a night time pic in front of the castle with all the lights and diamonds on. The castle is amazing at night with the 60th celebration decorations.

Our last day we had a large group and I hadn't realized how much that changes things in Disneyland. We had 18 at lunch for BTRBBQ. I'm used to 3 or four of us. 18 was insane and very stressful as the tired grumpiness comes out from all angles.

Did turtle talk with Crush for the second time ever (DD was 3 the first time) and it was déjà Vu all over again as both times DD has been the first person Crush talks to and asks her where she's from etc and then wants to talk to me. So funny because she didn't want to talk to crush (she was feeling shy when the doors opened and I had to make her sit down with the kids but she was happy after the show ).

Well that was a long trip here. 23 hours almost. With plane delay. Flew Qantas A380, average service compared to Singapore Airlines.
But all the delays etc are worth it in the end. Checked in to PPH, they were very good at check in. Room was ready at 11am and they were excited that we had a 10 day Park hopper pass.

Time to rest and hit DCA tomorrow morning.

I guess we're going back Sunday (next Sunday) just for the day. I am glad everyone has been having fun!

We're at 72 hours before the plane ride! I'm packed, DD is packed. DH won't pack until the morning we leave, as he tells me a "good soldier never needs anything longer than 10 minutes to pack!" Just need to find my tummy medicine, and my emergency charger thingy so I can charge my phone while in the park.

We usually ignore parades and night time entertainment, but decided that, with the new events, we would make a point to see them this time. I'm excited to see "new" things! And excited to ride GRR like a million times at night :)

3 more hours and we'll be on the road for our 8 hour drive to Disneyland! So excited I can't go back to sleep, :sunny:

I can relate... We will be on the road in about 9 hours from now... with a 6-7 hour drive... We drop DD12 off for Girl Scout camp and then we get back on the highway for DLR at about 10:00 AM. We, as a family, have been talking about this trip for 2 years and we are doing DL, without DD, with her blessing.

1st day in the parks was awesome. Because of the time difference in Australia we were up bright and early at 3 am. First inline for DCA which didn't make much difference as everyone bolted for cars land we just took it all in.
From Australia to Disney we had made my daughters dream come true.

Had breakfast at Ariel's grotto, rode Goofy 3 times in a row didn't have to get off which was nice, toy story, California screaming all were walk ons. Later in the day a lovely person walked passed and handed us fast passes for Radiator Springs racers, everyone here is so friendly, and I'm amazed how many people get excited to talk to us because of our Australian accent. Americans you are all so nice and funny.
1st day success, crowds were fine no dramas.
Day 2 tomorrow
Love this place

I have a question about the Elsa and Anna M&G...
My plan on Monday 6/29 is to start in DL since we do not have EMH. We will be there at rope drop (it is just DD and I the first few days, unless my brother joins me). DD has an appointment at the A&E boutique at 12:30. My plan is to do Dl for the first two hours. Go over to DCA and get a FP for the M&G that takes place after her appointment and grab some lunch before the makeover. Will they give us a specific return time if we request it? I thought I read somewhere that you can return anytime after your return time...is that true?

I have a question about the Elsa and Anna M&G...
My plan on Monday 6/29 is to start in DL since we do not have EMH. We will be there at rope drop (it is just DD and I the first few days, unless my brother joins me). DD has an appointment at the A&E boutique at 12:30. My plan is to do Dl for the first two hours. Go over to DCA and get a FP for the M&G that takes place after her appointment and grab some lunch before the makeover. Will they give us a specific return time if we request it? I thought I read somewhere that you can return anytime after your return time...is that true?

I don't know about returning at a different time. I suppose if you got a nice CM and explained you were held up at the boutique or something. When we went (1st week in June) A&E was not crowded at all. I pulled a FP at about 4:45 for a return of 5:20-5:30

I don't know about returning at a different time. I suppose if you got a nice CM and explained you were held up at the boutique or something. When we went (1st week in June) A&E was not crowded at all. I pulled a FP at about 4:45 for a return of 5:20-5:30
Thanks for the info. I may just plan on going there after the makeover for a return time...since they do not appear to be running out.

Headed to DL in one week! Getting excited! Anything I should know? Been there once before. Last Halloween. This time it will be DD (5) me, mom (60th birthday in DL!). I will get her a pin at City Hall, I have PP+. No dining reservations. Planning RD. Stalking wait times on MouseWait. Really hasn't looked too bad overall. I plan on leaving the parks in the afternoons for a break. Staying at Carousel Inn and ready to have fun! (park days are tues, wed, thurs next week DL two days and DCA one)

Headed to DL in one week! Getting excited! Anything I should know? Been there once before. Last Halloween. This time it will be DD (5) me, mom (60th birthday in DL!). I will get her a pin at City Hall, I have PP+. No dining reservations. Planning RD. Stalking wait times on MouseWait. Really hasn't looked too bad overall. I plan on leaving the parks in the afternoons for a break. Staying at Carousel Inn and ready to have fun! (park days are tues, wed, thurs next week DL two days and DCA one)

What fun to take your Mom for her 60th! We just finished 4 days at the parks. The wait times in general have not been bad except for the expected rides (Matterhorn, RSR, Indiana Jones, etc). I was not prepared for how hot it is here. Definitely arrive at RD and do as much as you can before the heat of the day. Also, at DCA ride RSR first then grab a FP after. Ride Max suggests getting the RSR FP (but not riding it) then riding Toy Story. During our trip the Toy Story line was relatively short (30 minutes) most of the time. Wear sunscreen, carry water, and have a great time!

What fun to take your Mom for her 60th! We just finished 4 days at the parks. The wait times in general have not been bad except for the expected rides (Matterhorn, RSR, Indiana Jones, etc). I was not prepared for how hot it is here. Definitely arrive at RD and do as much as you can before the heat of the day. Also, at DCA ride RSR first then grab a FP after. Ride Max suggests getting the RSR FP (but not riding it) then riding Toy Story. During our trip the Toy Story line was relatively short (30 minutes) most of the time. Wear sunscreen, carry water, and have a great time!

Thanks for the tips! We live in South Texas and Vegas so the expected weather looks "cool" to me lol! But we do plan afternoon breaks. I thought about the same about the rides so thanks for confirming my thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter