**** official june 2015 thread! **** come check in!

@ten6mom Hopefully it will not be too bad.
DD's birthday is in mid June, but I specifically pushed our trip out till the 28th to avoid the Grad Nights and wait for the AP blockouts.

Last year we went around June 20th or so, and it was fantastic. Never even gave Grad Nights a thought... I have to put in my for June vacation in December and it's all by seniority so I have to take a week when I can get a week! So we will just grin and grit our teeth and make the most of it. Thankfully my kids are used to being there and we get to go often enough that we won't freak out over missing things... but my little one wants to see the parades this year and I am not sure we're going to be able to. Maybe we'll wait to do parades during our fall trip....

I have to admit I am DREADING Grad Nights. Absolutely dreading. And changing the dates is not an option. *sigh*

I have 3 grad nights when I'm there and also one of the days is the last day that the pass holders aren't blocked out. I really wish that I could have gone later in June but that was the only week I could schedule it. I read over and over again how bad grad nights are. I subscribe to Touring Plans and have been watching the wait times during grad night days and they are really, bad after 2. If I can get as much in as possible in the morning I will be happy. It's crazy I have to plan my trip this way. I would love to enjoy my nights there but it doesn't look like that is a possibility. I thought that the grads had to be at DCA by 10:00 but I guess they are pretty lenient about it because from watching the wait times at DL last night they are there until 12:00am when DL closes they must be allowed to head over to CA. Space Mountain was 120 wait at 10:00 last night! To me they should have to be at DCA at 10:00 and if they aren't in there by 10:00 they can't get in and they can't get back into DL but they don't do that! So frustrating!

I have 3 grad nights when I'm there and also one of the days is the last day that the pass holders aren't blocked out. I really wish that I could have gone later in June but that was the only week I could schedule it. I read over and over again how bad grad nights are. I subscribe to Touring Plans and have been watching the wait times during grad night days and they are really, bad after 2. If I can get as much in as possible in the morning I will be happy. It's crazy I have to plan my trip this way. I would love to enjoy my nights there but it doesn't look like that is a possibility. I thought that the grads had to be at DCA by 10:00 but I guess they are pretty lenient about it because from watching the wait times at DL last night they are there until 12:00am when DL closes they must be allowed to head over to CA. Space Mountain was 120 wait at 10:00 last night! To me they should have to be at DCA at 10:00 and if they aren't in there by 10:00 they can't get in and they can't get back into DL but they don't do that! So frustrating!

When we were there in 2013 we had three grad nights. They didn't seem to be enforcing the timetable then, either. The grad nights weren't bad for us, but if they had enforced the times it would have been even better. I had heard they were going to get stricter about the times...I guess that's not happening.

Yes you will want to get all the big rides done early. But save the less popular things that teens are less interested in for the afternoon and evening and you can minimize the grad night effect. Also watch the FP return times for any rides you want to do at night and take advantage of the ones that have return times that work for you.

Grad nights really don't have to be bad for you. Yes you have to plan a little differently but you can have a great time by doing some of the less popular attractions and limiting your time in the areas the teens will crowd (mostly the thrill rides). So look at your list of must dos and save the shows / attractions/ rides that aren't the big ticket ones for the grad nights.

Hi Everyone!

We are heading back to DL 6/6-6/10. This will be a surprise trip for my son. We were just there in February when over half the park was closed. We still had a great time, I mean it's DL right? He knows we're going back, he just has NO clue when. The surprise trip doesn't stop there.....we are also taking his best friend with us. He has NO clue about that obviously. I'm still trying to figure out how to share the news. I think we're just going to make it look like a sleepover. His friend will arrive suitcase and all and with videos rolling we'll tell him we are all going to DISNEYLAND!!! I can't wait.

We've never been in June, we always go in the off season. We got REALLY lucky thought and planned around all the grad nights. We won't be going into the park on 6/6. Just spending the time at Downtown Disney and getting a good night sleep to open up the park on Sunday morning. Looking forward to hearing about all the new stuff.

We check in at the Grand Calfornian for a 3 night stay on June 2nd. Can't wait to see the new 60th celebration items.
Mike

17 days for me! I can't believe it's so close. All my plans are changing, but in a great way - my brother lives in LA and is now going to come stay with me one night and go to the parks with me the next day. Then another friend is coming in early for our conference, and she and I will hit the parks the following day! So I won't be solo in the parks that much, just when I sneak away from my conference. :rolleyes1 The bummer is that both days I'll be in the parks with my brother and then my friend are grad nights, but we will just fit in the thrill rides early and will enjoy all the special 60th anniversary entertainment in the evenings. I can't wait!!!

17 days for me! I can't believe it's so close. All my plans are changing, but in a great way - my brother lives in LA and is now going to come stay with me one night and go to the parks with me the next day. Then another friend is coming in early for our conference, and she and I will hit the parks the following day! So I won't be solo in the parks that much, just when I sneak away from my conference. :rolleyes1 The bummer is that both days I'll be in the parks with my brother and then my friend are grad nights, but we will just fit in the thrill rides early and will enjoy all the special 60th anniversary entertainment in the evenings. I can't wait!!!

15 days left for me! I'll be there the same time you are braving the grad nights - ugh! We will just have to make the best of it!

Well, I changed my mind about our BB dinner Fantasmic! reservations. I cancelled them! Yes, Fantasmic! has been running for over 20 years and we have never seen it. But I REALLY want to see the new Paint The Night parade. And we'll only be there at DL for just one day. And even though the weather should be good with little to no chance of being rained out, I'd hate to spend $61/adult plus tax and tip for reserved seating at Fantasmic! only to miss it because of the weather.

And even if the fireworks show is cancelled because of weather, we'll still get to see the Paint The Night parade. I have no idea where a good spot is to watch the parade.

So I switched our Blue Bayou reservations to lunch instead at 11:30 am on 6/8.

Heads up - there's an open reservation slot available on 6/8 at 5:10 pm at BB in case anybody wants it! :flower3:

The cool thing about changing the BB reservation to lunch is that we'll go on Pirates of the Caribbean right after lunch! HOW COOL IS THAT? pirate:

Last edited:
We just booked a last minute trip (literally booked 2 days ago) for a June 8 - 16 stay at the Grand Californian. This will be only my second time to California (first time at the GC) and my hubby and daughter's first trip to DL. My first time was for a conference 3 years ago right after Carsland opened. I was so busy at the conference and the crowds were so high, I didn't get to do a lot in the parks. We are all very excited. :)

Well, I changed my mind about our BB dinner Fantasmic! reservations. I cancelled them! Yes, Fantasmic! has been running for over 20 years and we have never seen it. But I REALLY want to see the new Paint The Night parade. And we'll only be there at DL for just one day. And even though the weather should be good with little to no chance of being rained out, I'd hate to spend $61/adult plus tax and tip for reserved seating at Fantasmic! only to miss it because of the weather.

And even if the fireworks show is cancelled because of weather, we'll still get to see the Paint The Night parade. I have no idea where a good spot is to watch the parade.

So I switched our Blue Bayou reservations to lunch instead at 11:30 am on 6/8.

Heads up - there's an open reservation slot available on 6/8 at 5:10 pm at BB in case anybody wants it! :flower3:

The cool thing about changing the BB reservation to lunch is that we'll go on Pirates of the Caribbean right after lunch! HOW COOL IS THAT? pirate:

I'm so excited about the new parade, too! Are you planning to catch Fantasmic on your October trip?

Everything is booked/reserved. Now we wait not-so-patiently. I can't wait for the new fireworks!

Just ordered photo pass plus.

Our days have a slight change now. Instead of Tue, Wed, Thu (16, 17, 18) in the parks we will do Mon, Tue, Thu (15, 16, 18) The change is because my girlfriends sister and family (who are the reason we are going down that way at all) want to do a beach day on Wed and they are joining us at the parks in Thu. So Monday and Tue will be just DD, DGF, and myself. We will miss the grad night but I wasn't worried about that anyway.

We are going down that way for DGFs nephews HS graduation the weekend before our park days.

Looks like we will use our MM on Tuesday. I wonder if they will want to start at DCA on Thursday? If not no biggie. Excited for this trip!

Everything is booked/reserved. Now we wait not-so-patiently. I can't wait for the new fireworks!
Me too!!!
My trip has ended up being a Mother/Daughter trip too. DH used all of his vacation time during our last trip to Hawaii (in March) and then he was sick for 2 weeks afterwards. I was going to cancel, but this is what DD wants to do for her birthday. We did one day together last May, but this will be the first multi-day trip with the 2 of us.

I brought up the park Calendar and just saw that we are there during Grad night days! we are there 5/31-6/5. Ugh! How worried should I be?

Starting to rethink our usual plans. By the sounds of it the mornings are okay and things don't get too crazy until mid afternoon? I guess we'll stick with the hot ticket rides early in the day and move onto shows, fastpasses and play it by ear. We usually never go during holidays but we wanted to do a trip in the summer and we are super excited to see the new shows and diamond celebration stuff!

I brought up the park Calendar and just saw that we are there during Grad night days! we are there 5/31-6/5. Ugh! How worried should I be?

Starting to rethink our usual plans. By the sounds of it the mornings are okay and things don't get too crazy until mid afternoon? I guess we'll stick with the hot ticket rides early in the day and move onto shows, fastpasses and play it by ear. We usually never go during holidays but we wanted to do a trip in the summer and we are super excited to see the new shows and diamond celebration stuff!

Honestly don't be too worried. Know which days they are and plan your day accordingly. We have on Grad night this trip and last year we had 2. We basically would hit DL in the early morning while there were no crowds. Then we'd hop over to DCA around lunch time. Then around dinner time when the grads would really start showing up in DCA we would head back to DL or just head back to the hotel. Honestly the first day we were there that was a Grad night we didn't even notice the grads until late in the afternoon. And even then they weren't a problem. We just noticed kids wearing wristbands.

31 days today!!!!!!!! I'm out of my mind excited, freaked out that it's so close, and scrambling to try to remember EVERYTHING I still need to do to prepare!!! One month from today, I will be in Disneyland!!!!

All of you going early in June please report back with all your exciting details and tips for us going later in the month! I can't wait to hear about your trips!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter