~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

So, today marks the beginning of the double digit countdown for us. Yesterday, when I realized we only had to wait for 100 more days, I decided to surprise the children with a cake that said, "100 days until Disney." I bought some Mickey and Minnie figurines to put on top, and they were so excited. This morning, my daughter asked, "So, we only have 99 days now, right Mom?"

I'm running out of reading materials since I've been reading everything I can find on the web since we booked in January. Any suggestions of really helpful sites? I've subscribed to touringplans; I'm a reader of easyWDW, WDWmagic and just about any other site that has WDW somewhere in the name.

As far as my answer for today's question about restaurants, I'm hoping to have some new favorites after the trip in July since we will be eating at Ohauna and Be Our Guest; I honestly don't remember any "must repeat dining experiences" from our trip four years ago, so I think we planned for better places this time around....

99 days to go!!!

I like to read trip and dining reports to pass the time. Congrats on 99 days!

Question of the day. What is your favorite ride in each park?

Magic Kingdom- Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean (can't choose between them)
Epcot- Soarin'
Animal Kingdom- Expedition Everest
Hollywood Studios- Tower of Tower (with Rock n Roller coaster a close second)

So, today marks the beginning of the double digit countdown for us. Yesterday, when I realized we only had to wait for 100 more days, I decided to surprise the children with a cake that said, "100 days until Disney." I bought some Mickey and Minnie figurines to put on top, and they were so excited. This morning, my daughter asked, "So, we only have 99 days now, right Mom?"

I'm running out of reading materials since I've been reading everything I can find on the web since we booked in January. Any suggestions of really helpful sites? I've subscribed to touringplans; I'm a reader of easyWDW, WDWmagic and just about any other site that has WDW somewhere in the name.

As far as my answer for today's question about restaurants, I'm hoping to have some new favorites after the trip in July since we will be eating at Ohauna and Be Our Guest; I honestly don't remember any "must repeat dining experiences" from our trip four years ago, so I think we planned for better places this time around....

99 days to go!!!

Yay for the double digit dance! :cool1:

I really like reading Easy WDW. If you want something fun to read, I really like the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World book. It's a little older, but it's fun to see Disney from a different perspective.

Anjalee nice to see another Soarin' fan. My family is so sick of it. Pirates of the carb. and Haunted Mansion are also two of my favorites at MK. My son's fav. when he was 4 was Small world... I know this because he made us go on it over, and over and over on a low crowd day..... and over... and over... LOL!!

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, haven't been feeling very well. I am so paranoid my health issues are going to mess up my trip to Disney this July, I don't even want to get my hopes up. If I feel the way I feel now in July I don't really even want to travel anyway. Blah I feel terrible! This Darn Gall Bladder can't come out soon enough. I have three separate, unrelated issues that are making me feel terrible lately. And all three probably require some surgery. I swear, I hit 40 and I fell apart!

Checking in! July 9-16 for us! There will be 10 of us, DH and myself, two DS with two DIL and 3 DGS and 1 DGD. This is a long awaited trip and life has been trying to get in the way, but it's Disney or Bust for us!:dance3:- SSR

Hello!! I also live in San Antonio!! We will be heading to the World soon after you return. Hope you all have a great trip!! :goodvibes

MK - DD, Space - Me, Space
Ept - Soarin - Me, Soarin
HS - T.O.T - Me, RRC
AK - Everest - Me, Kali

Woo Hoo!! We are 98 sleeps away from heading to WDW. We are heading back for our 9th annual WDW trip!! This year trip is earlier than usual. We usually travel beg/mid August. But with DS14 starting HS football we are heading down in July.

It will be me, DH, DS14, DS12, DD10 and DS6. We are taking the Autotrain on July 26th and checking in to POR-R on July 27th. I just rebooked our stay to get the AP rate. It was a $40 savings but also bumped us up to Garden View from the std view we had with the summer promo. We are staying 8 nights at POR-R then moving over on Aug 4 to AKV-Kidani for our DVC stay in a 2bdrm villa. We head home on aug 9th.

I have only 3 ADR's made so far. I am soooo far behind on making ADRs . I can't decide which park on which day. I'm usually all booked at 180 days out but not this trip. We are not doing the DDP (we have been for 8 yrs).
We are going to try TIW card. DD10 can barely eat a kids meal let alone an adult meal. My DSs can easily polish off an entire adult meal plus the person sitting next to them meal at age 10. We found last year we were not eating all the food we got too. I want a bit of freedom this year to just pick and choose. Plus last year we had 3 connected reservations and ended up with 18 refillable mugs!! I still have a bag of new ones sitting in the kitchen!!

A little nervous about going in July- We love August soo much. But its not too much of July to give it just a try.

Also trying to decide with the new AP that came out if we should ditch POR-R and move over to OKW to a 2bdrm. Its $110 more a night but we get the full kitchen and W/D. The AP rate is much cheaper than DVC cash rate. Works out being $850 more for the 8 nights. but that can also be food money if we stay at POR-R. decisions, decisions!

Welcome to the 24/365/7 I can't think of anything else but Disney Group...:thumbsup2

I used to live in San Antonio, HWY 10 & Dezavala Area. Worked for the Malonie's (Lawyer Group)

Hey Thanks! We've only been here about 6 weeks, but I have heard of that group. We left Oregon in Sept, were in AZ for about 4 months, and came to Texas to be near our son - DH retired from the Air Guard. I really like it here!
And planning and obsessing about trips is my hobby, like most of us!:banana:

Hello!! I also live in San Antonio!! We will be heading to the World soon after you return. Hope you all have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Hey Thank you! I'm a new Texan, so let's see if I can get this right - hope y'all have a great trip too! Too bad we won't be there at the same time, we could meet up!:goodvibes

99 days to go!!!

I always order a passporter book at passporter.com - I love having a book in hand to pour over and make notes in - old fashioned, I know, but I love all the bright colors and the pockets!:cool1:

Haven't been to WDW before, so can I tell my favorites from Ca?

Disneyland- Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World
California Adventure- Soarin', and anything in Cars land..

MK-Haunted Mansion

Epcot-- Soarin

DS-- beauty and the Beast(not a ride but still my favorite)

AK--Dinosaur

I haven't seen a posting with a question of the day for today.... How about this--- What is your favorite WDW stage show and why?

For us, has to be AK's The Festival of the Lion King..... great songs, entertaining action, and fun audience participation.

I haven't seen a posting with a question of the day for today.... How about this--- What is your favorite WDW stage show and why?

For us, has to be AK's The Festival of the Lion King..... great songs, entertaining action, and fun audience participation.

I have a special place for Dream Along with Mickey. I feel like it's always on when I'm entering the MK and I love the music. FOTLK is a very close second tied with Finding Nemo the Musical.

Sorry. Really busy today.

We like the Festival of the Lion King also. We were upset that they might close it when the plans for Avatarland came out. Glad they just decided to move it.

99 days to go!!!

Welcome to the Group fellow Texan - After reading your post. I have to say YOU are a Disney Addict like the rest of us.:dance3:

Have fun on this thread, we are so informal.... We are here to have fun :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter