OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 months from today!!!! :cool1:

My wife is starting to obsess about the food. I showed her where she could look up menus and she's been going crazy with it. She wants to try to maximize the value of the Dining Plan.

"This hamburger costs more than the hamburger over here. We should go to the one that costs the most." Ok. It's not quite that bad, but you get the idea.

It's really weird, cause I'm usually the one that obsesses. :rotfl2:

My wife is starting to obsess about the food. I showed her where she could look up menus and she's been going crazy with it. She wants to try to maximize the value of the Dining Plan.

"This hamburger costs more than the hamburger over here. We should go to the one that costs the most." Ok. It's not quite that bad, but you get the idea.

Just remind her that you still have to pay for the tip. But I catch myself doing the same thing. Our trip in July we aren't doing the DDP, so I am picking the cheaper restaurants, but for our Sept trip with free dining, I am picking those expensive ones and for dinner.:rotfl:

Been there and STILL doing that. Really want to make the most of every dollar.

Im hoping maybe you guys can help me out! I'm trying to plan out all my meals but keep changing my mind. I'm thinking about skipping Ohana because I've been reading bad reviews about the food. So far we have toyko dining, san angel, and sci-fi for lunch and artist point, coral reef, kona cafe, and le cellier for dinner.
I need a dinner to replace Ohana. Do any of you have any suggestions? We are looking for a non-character meal, preferably quiet and really good food! Any suggestions? thanks!!!!:)

Hi there everyone!!

I hope you don't mind another person. My family is going to Disney July 23-30. We will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. And we can not wait! We've never stayed on site before. But with Disney's deal for the military this year, we can't afford not to. lol!! Our trip was originally planned for next year, but we bumped it up. We've been to Disney before. The last time we went to all 4 parks was in 2003 when Dinsey did their last Armed Forces Salute. And then over the years we just went to Magic Kingdom for the day. (I should probably add we lived in south Georgia for 5 years, so it was only about 3 hours drive time...lol) But yeah, July can not get here soon enough. I am so excited and can't wait. Our daughters will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 at the time of the trip. Any suggestions on what we should absolutly do with them while there?

I finally gave AAA our credit card number to book us officially!!!! :cool1:

(We already had the flights booked, just hadn't booked the rooms and tix yet.)

For now, AAA is about $80 cheaper for the package than WDW direct or Dreams Unlimited. Not sure why, but I'm not gonna complain.

Hi there everyone!!

I hope you don't mind another person. My family is going to Disney July 23-30. We will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. And we can not wait! We've never stayed on site before. But with Disney's deal for the military this year, we can't afford not to. lol!! Our trip was originally planned for next year, but we bumped it up. We've been to Disney before. The last time we went to all 4 parks was in 2003 when Dinsey did their last Armed Forces Salute. And then over the years we just went to Magic Kingdom for the day. (I should probably add we lived in south Georgia for 5 years, so it was only about 3 hours drive time...lol) But yeah, July can not get here soon enough. I am so excited and can't wait. Our daughters will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 at the time of the trip. Any suggestions on what we should absolutly do with them while there?

You are more than welcomed!! I have added you to the ever growing list on page 3 post 39.
7/1 till 7/8 Suferchick WL
7/1 till 7/11 LUVMICKEY (Michele) BCV
7/2 till 7/5 Maxiesmom Dolphin
7/2 till 7/14 (or so) BeckyScott POP
7/8 till 7/13 MeetingMickeyin2006 CBR
7/8 till 7/17 Grandma4ever (Lois) All Star Music
7/8 till 7/22 buffettgirl CSR and SoG
7/11 till 7/18 Mickeyholic POP
7/12 till 7/18 TSMAMI POP
7/17 till 7/21 jmskinner SoG
7/19 till 7/25 LuvMySoldier07 (Lisa) Poly
7/19 till 7/25 NikkiLovesWDW! Poly then DCL Disneynmoon
7/19 till 7/29 dolfinjuls SSR Celebrating two birthdays
7/19 till 8/2 PopArtGal CR 10th time at the World...however first time at the CR
7/23 till 7/30 Kaybear79 Caribbean Beach
7/24 till 8/1 DisneyPoohBear Staying off property
7/24 till 8/1 geffric All Star Music, OKW, & AKV
7/26 till 8/1 ImTooExcitedTo Sleep (Tom) POP
7/21 YenSid (Anniversay)
Date not known mickeymyfavorite SSR & AKL

I finally gave AAA our credit card number to book us officially!!!! :cool1:

(We already had the flights booked, just hadn't booked the rooms and tix yet.)

For now, AAA is about $80 cheaper for the package than WDW direct or Dreams Unlimited. Not sure why, but I'm not gonna complain.

Really happy to have you confirmed. Would be nice to have a price break as well. Good going!!!

Im hoping maybe you guys can help me out! I'm trying to plan out all my meals but keep changing my mind. I'm thinking about skipping Ohana because I've been reading bad reviews about the food. So far we have toyko dining, san angel, and sci-fi for lunch and artist point, coral reef, kona cafe, and le cellier for dinner.
I need a dinner to replace Ohana. Do any of you have any suggestions? We are looking for a non-character meal, preferably quiet and really good food! Any suggestions? thanks!!!!:)

I can't be much help cause I keep changing my mind too. I have a few that I like and I think the food is good but not a one of them is what I would call quite. Most likely will need to be one at a resort to be quite and I have not eaten in any of those. Hopfully someone will have an answer. Happy day to all. Lois

Have you thought about JIKO? There will also be a new restuarant at AKL villas ( DVC) I hope it is open by then and it might be fun to try..

I hope everyone will stay warm. Be safe if you must go out and you have snow and ice on your roads.

Happy planning, Lois

No school for me today!! As a kid, I never realized that teachers loved snow days just as much, if not more!! So I will spend the day cleaning and reviewing my itinerary for the 27th time!

We ate at Ohana's twice last year and it was really good. They had unlimited chicken, steak and shrimp on a skewer they brought around. Also, my 4 year old loved the coconut races. I am making myself hungry!! Plus, now I am sad we aren't going for free dining. Maybe I can convice my husband to go again right after we get back... pixiedust:

We're just now thawing out today after getting hit with an ice storm. Our roads have been VERY dangerous the past few days! :sad2:

It has been so cold here lately!... (i guess so since it is winter lol) but Im glad to know all of you are going in July! that should be sooo exciting and have you all looking forward to something FUN!
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEDDING ALSO!

Well I am back from the dentist. He pulled my very back upper tooth on my left side. It can out really fast so I am hoping I heal well too. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Lois

Hi All!
Im Katie! :flower3: My fiance and I aren't going in July until July 18th-28th 2010 but I was hoping to lurk around the thread and be in company of people who dont nearly tear my head off when I say I am going to Disney in July! If I hear one more "personally I would NEVER go in July" comment....:badpc:

Heheheh :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter