• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, we went to DHS today and thought I would update you on the crowds. It was not crowded at all. We didn't get there until after 10:00am. We got a lot done (not in order), rode TSMM twice, ToT 3 times once with a FP and the other two times it was almost a walk on. Rode the GMR when it started raining. Had lunch at 50's Primetime (walk-in). Had our pics taken with the UP and Monters, Inc. characters. Saw The Little Mermaid, the 3:00 parade/show (can't remember the name), and AIE. Looked in a couple of the stores. Left by 5:30. The longest waits were 50 minutes for RnR, which we had FP's for and it was having some issues because we watched several trains go through without people. And TSMM was at 50 minutes late in the day, 30 minutes in the morning. Really strange day. I walked around all day and kept saying "Where is everyone?"

That is great news - I hope it stays that way for the next few weeks!!

Welcome. It is never too late to join! Don't know if I will have time to add you to the list of Who's Going but if you want to see the list as it is it is found on page 3 post 39. You are not the only person who has joined us in the last week or so that I need to add. If anyone who is not on the list can PM me I will be sure to get you added. It will save me the time of re-reading about 50 to 75 pages. Lois

Lois - Thank you for keeping all of us organized. I really appreciate the work you and Nikki did with the "Whos going" and "ADRs".

To the Disney July brides - Enjoy your days!!!

I can't believe we leave in less than a week!

Hi all! This is my first post. I love this site and have been lurking around for a few months. Reading all of the posts, especially in this thread, is getting me sooooooo excited! Is it okay if I just jump on in here?!

My family and I will be visiting Disney from July 16th through the 24th. We are celebrating my girls birthdays. My oldest turns 13 this weekend. My youngest turns nine a week after we get back.

This year we're going to stay in Port Orleans Riverside. I requested the mansions so hopefully they'll be able to find one for us as both of my girls fell in love with them from the pics on the Disney.com site.

I made all of my dinner reservations in April. We didn't take advantage of the dining plan last year. We mostly at CS or out of our cooler, although we did make a stop at Tony's, a favorite of mine from my visits in the late 80's. After reading tons of reviews, I think I've made good choices....the only one that worries me is Restaurant Marrakesh but I think we'll be okay. After all, who doesn't like shish kabobs and couscous, right? Lol!

This year we'll be eating at
Liberty Tree Tavern on 7-17 @ 7
Boma on 7-19 @ 9am
Restaurant Marrakesh on 7-20 @ 7
Whispering Canyon on 7-21 @ 7
Chef Mickey on 7-22 @ 9am
50's Primetime also on 7-22 @ 7
and then dinner at O'Hana's @ 6:30
before starting our long sad drive back to Indiana (are there any other adults that feel sad when they leave Disney? lol! DH thinks I'm nuts!)

WELCOME!!! So glad you decided to post here!!

I added your ADRs to the list on page 67. Happy planning!!

(And I totally get the sadness! I'm starting to get sad already that it's going to be over soon and it hasn't even begun yet!)

I just bought a little over $2K worth of Disney tickets. Yikes! At least they should last us a few years. I talked DH into getting the 10 day hopper, water park fun and more, no expiration. Even he had a hard time arguing that we may not go back.

Only 2 days of work left:thumbsup2

Only 8 days til I pull out of the driveway:cool1:

Only 1o days til the magic begins:mickeyjum

I just finished my online check in and it was so simple
Now To get a spray tan today so I don't blind all of you with my uber white skin;)

9 days of work :cool1:
13 days until we pull out of driveway for vacation :woohoo:

Yay:cheer2: My last day at work - Just 12 hours to go.
Of course I have to take CPR tomorrow and I have a leadership class for 2 hours on wednesday. But that will all be easy breezy.

I plan to do as little work as possible today:rotfl2:

Thanks, but not an original idea, there is a thread where people have been posting crowd pics with dates so you can look for your yourselves and I just thought since we are all going during the same month we might be more apt to see ourselves.

That is a great Idea and a way to keep this thread going for a while after we all return.

WELCOME!!! So glad you decided to post here!!

I added your ADRs to the list on page 67. Happy planning!!

(And I totally get the sadness! I'm starting to get sad already that it's going to be over soon and it hasn't even begun yet!)

You are more than welcomed. I just feel bad that life got in the way and I have missed some folks. However I have offered to add anyone who PM me with the info and have not gotten any info.

Please, if you are not on the list of Who's going and want to be added please PM the name of the resort and the dates you will be staying. I will get you added.

It is very sad about the accident at WDW. The driver who passed was only 21 years old. His life had just begun. I feel for this family and the co workers. Also for the witnesses as I am sure this stay with them forever. I too have kept this situation in my prayers. I hope that they find it wasn't human error because everything else can be fixed.

I am now at panic mode just 48 hours before getting on the plane for our vacation. Got to get busy. Lois

Hi! I'm late joining, but here's my ADRs:

July 19 - Yachtsman 5:40pm
July 20 - Tusker House 8am
July 21 - WCC 6:55pm
July 23 - 'Ohana 9:10am
July 23 - Cape May 6:45pm
July 24 - Tusker House 8:15am
July 25 - Tepan Edo 6:30pm
July 26 - CRT 7:05pm
July 27 - Yak & Yeti 5:45pm
July 29 - TRex 7pm

Thank you!!
Have a great trip!
daisyduck123

day after tomorrow
day after tomorrow
day after tomorrow

I am just a tad bit excited!!!!!!! Frantically packing today and yesterday and of course, NOW is when the sun and nice weather all show up here in New England. I want to be outside!

Enjoy your trips to all who are already there.

And I feel such sadness for the monorail driver. How tragic.

And a big BOO to every family member who showed up at our cookout yesterday and announced right in front of my 9 year old "DID YOU HEAR THERE WAS A MONORAIL CRASH???????" thanks a whole freaking lot.

Hi! I'm late joining, but here's my ADRs:

July 19 - Yachtsman 5:40pm
July 20 - Tusker House 8am
July 21 - WCC 6:55pm
July 23 - 'Ohana 9:10am
July 23 - Cape May 6:45pm
July 24 - Tusker House 8:15am
July 25 - Tepan Edo 6:30pm
July 26 - CRT 7:05pm
July 27 - Yak & Yeti 5:45pm
July 29 - TRex 7pm

Thank you!!
Have a great trip!
daisyduck123

:thumbsup2

day after tomorrow
day after tomorrow
day after tomorrow

And a big BOO to every family member who showed up at our cookout yesterday and announced right in front of my 9 year old "DID YOU HEAR THERE WAS A MONORAIL CRASH???????" thanks a whole freaking lot.

I tried very, very hard to keep that info away from my nine year old daughter, also! Here aer some :dance3: for the days between your arrival and mine! :banana::banana::banana:

I have not watched tv or been on the computer all weekend and just read about the Monorail accident. Very sad for the family and all involved. My prayers are with them.

Brighter notes;
Born 2b a princess; we also hit the Justice sale. My DD picked the 11.99 bathing suit. Yea! In fact most of the stores at our outlet mall were having sidewalk sales. I got a pair of Liz Claiborne shoes for $4. My DH is now the proud owner of 2 Grumpy shirts because he would not wear matching Mickeys with the kids and I. Now a picture w/ Snow White is in order. He says no..........we'll see. He also made his first comment to his brother about our vacation(with excitement in his voice). Thank the Lord, I might be rubbing off on him.

So, 4th of July with the baby. Not so hot. He hated the noise and tried to crawl up my head. He will not keep ear plugs in. So all you veteran disers.........HELP! I cannot (yes I said I) miss Wishes or Fantasmic. Any ideas for me besides duck taping his little head? ;)

I had a huge problem at justice this weekend - It seems they were sold out of almost everything in my DD's size Waah!

OMG - It's Monday and Friday will be right around the corner! I have nothing done! DH took the suitcases out of the attic - that's it! I still have to pack for the 7 of us, and go to work 11 hours a day - YIKES!! I can't believe it is almost here!! All these months of planning and it seemed like it would never arrive!! I better get moving!!

Hi all! This is my first post. I love this site and have been lurking around for a few months. Reading all of the posts, especially in this thread, is getting me sooooooo excited! Is it okay if I just jump on in here?!

My family and I will be visiting Disney from July 16th through the 24th. We are celebrating my girls birthdays. My oldest turns 13 this weekend. My youngest turns nine a week after we get back.

This year we're going to stay in Port Orleans Riverside. I requested the mansions so hopefully they'll be able to find one for us as both of my girls fell in love with them from the pics on the Disney.com site.

I made all of my dinner reservations in April. We didn't take advantage of the dining plan last year. We mostly at CS or out of our cooler, although we did make a stop at Tony's, a favorite of mine from my visits in the late 80's. After reading tons of reviews, I think I've made good choices....the only one that worries me is Restaurant Marrakesh but I think we'll be okay. After all, who doesn't like shish kabobs and couscous, right? Lol!

This year we'll be eating at
Liberty Tree Tavern on 7-17 @ 7
Boma on 7-19 @ 9am
Restaurant Marrakesh on 7-20 @ 7
Whispering Canyon on 7-21 @ 7
Chef Mickey on 7-22 @ 9am
50's Primetime also on 7-22 @ 7
and then dinner at O'Hana's @ 6:30
before starting our long sad drive back to Indiana (are there any other adults that feel sad when they leave Disney? lol! DH thinks I'm nuts!)

Welcome! You'll be there around the same time we will!

OMG - It's Monday and Friday will be right around the corner! I have nothing done! DH took the suitcases out of the attic - that's it! I still have to pack for the 7 of us, and go to work 11 hours a day - YIKES!! I can't believe it is almost here!! All these months of planning and it seemed like it would never arrive!! I better get moving!!

yikes, get a move on girl.:rotfl2: Just kidding - It will all fall into place. I';m 3/4 packed. but I still have a boatload of errands to run before we go. Luckily this is my last day of work before we leave.

Morning everyone! I can't believe it is the Monday before my trip! I am tooo excited, and a little stressed! Rethinking some ADRs and times, thinking about driving vs. busses while we are there.... But it's all good! I read something on someone's post a while back, totally butchering it here, but it was essentially don't mourn because it's over, rejoice because you did it. I am going to try to take on that attitude!

DH's plantar fasciitis started acting up at the end of last week, he'd been pain free for a year, so of course it's time for him to start limping! UGGGGH!!!! I am trying everything I know to get it better, but I told him that if he can't walk I'm leaving him in the rooom!:lmao: He said he'd rent a ECV before he missed out on my trip of a lifetime! He's going to the dr. this afternoon to talk about maybe getting a cortisone shot later in the week...

Been checking out the 10 day forecast on weather.com. 93 degrees anyone? YIKES!

I hope your DH's foot doesn't bother him while you're on your vacation! That would be terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter