OFFICIAL July 2008 Thread!!

Good choice! WL is much more convenient than AKL. You're right near the MK, and the monorail (Epcot). Plus, you have the marina to rent water stuff like the sea raycer or pontoon boats and you can see the electric water pageant. It's a very nice resort (nice pool). Are you planning on eating at Artisit Point?

Artist Point seems to be more of a "nice dressed" restaurant so I doubt it. Whispering Canyon will definitely be on the agenda. We might do Artist Point for dessert one night though - I hear their cobbler is killer!!

We'll join in....July 14 for 2 weeks. We are staying 9 nights at CR and the rest at Poly.:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Count us in - July 20 - August 3 at YC. First week (July 20-27) we're doing a Grand Gathering with all our children, their spouses, and grandchildren. It was our Christmas present to them. Second week will just be me, DH and our three youngest - recuperating from the Grand Gathering!

Count us in - July 20 - August 3 at YC. First week (July 20-27) we're doing a Grand Gathering with all our children, their spouses, and grandchildren. It was our Christmas present to them. Second week will just be me, DH and our three youngest - recuperating from the Grand Gathering!

ciera321 said:
We'll join in....July 14 for 2 weeks. We are staying 9 nights at CR and the rest at Poly.

That sounds like so much fun! :thumbsup2 Hope you have a great time! 2 weeks in Disney, that's my dream, :cloud9: .

hi everyone I just changed from BC standard to AKL pool view........same dates 7/18-7/27........cant wait still waiting for the code

Artist Point seems to be more of a "nice dressed" restaurant so I doubt it. Whispering Canyon will definitely be on the agenda. We might do Artist Point for dessert one night though - I hear their cobbler is killer!!

Artist Point has changed a lot since it first started out. Before, it was adults only, but now it has changed to be more family-friendly. I am pretty sure that it is business-casual, which means a little nicer than park clothes.

We went last summer, and it was very nice. I'm not a big fan of real formal meals (we've been to Victoria and Albert's a couple times, and it's WAY too formal for me :lovestruc. I'm more of a chicken fingers kinda girl :lmao: ), and Artist Point is a good medium. I remember that after our dinner at Artist Point, we went straight to the MK, so our dress wasn't too 'nice' (Maybe a skort or skirt with a nice top, nothing formal). I could see, though, how it may not be the first choice of a 5yo, but it's definitely worth it if your little guy doesn't mind the nicer restaurants. He'll LOVE WC! It's a great place for kids. I'm not much of a fan of the food, but the atmosphere is very entertaining!

hi everyone I just changed from BC standard to AKL pool view........same dates 7/18-7/27........cant wait still waiting for the code

You must be like us. We don't usually end up in the resort we intially plan on, :rotfl: . I can't count how many times we plan on staying at the All Stars or POR, and end up staying at the GF (our one true love :love: ).

It seems like the majority of us are all going to be in WDW around the same time! Us genius disers think alike! ;)

Well I am booked.
Had to move dates due to my hubbies work but we are going July 16-22.
We will be there on our 18th Ann.

We are staying at the CRS.
CAN'T WAIT

Right now, I have my trip planned for ASMo & WL, but I'm think about chainging some nights and staying ALSO at POR for a few nights to kind of not have my trip be so expensive and to spend some time, at yet ANOTHER resort....thoughts?

Allegient air flies out of our local airport & offers rates ranging from $39 to $200 each way. Their reservation system isn't offering flights for July yet-I think they open up 6 months out. But you betcha I'll make them as soon as they open up!

Hey are you flying out of Lehigh Valley. We are going to try to book through them as well. Fingers crossed. Oh and I have not flown in a LOOOOOOOOONG time(like 7 years)
I called and they said July will be out within the next 2 weeks!:banana:

We will be at the BWI June 29-July 6th.

Right now, I have my trip planned for ASMo & WL, but I'm think about chainging some nights and staying ALSO at POR for a few nights to kind of not have my trip be so expensive and to spend some time, at yet ANOTHER resort....thoughts?

POR is a very pleasant resort. We were a little apprehensive at first, because we had read a lot of complaints about it on the DIS, but it was actually very nice! I MUCH prefer Riverside over Frech Quarter, because the Mansions at Riverside are just so beautiful, a unique way to have the rooms.

POR has a nice restaurant called Boatwrights which we liked a lot! Very casual, and a GOOD meal (not fancy, but not CS food). We spent our one night there (this passed summer), walking around the area and it's just so pretty! There's also a big gift shop there, which has a lot of cool stuff!

We liked it a lot, thus the reason for our returning to it this summer :thumbsup2 (even if it is just for one night).

Hey are you flying out of Lehigh Valley. We are going to try to book through them as well. Fingers crossed. Oh and I have not flown in a LOOOOOOOOONG time(like 7 years)
I called and they said July will be out within the next 2 weeks!:banana:

We will be at the BWI June 29-July 6th.

No, we are flying out of TriCities (near Bristol TN)! I am so hoping for $49 rates! Last year we paid $400+ per person through Delta.

It's our first (and maybe only, who knows?) trip to the World, so we decided to do it right the first time, just in case, and booked a room at the Poly from July 11-18. Can't wait!!

Hi,:yay:

We will be there celebrating my 40th birthday:cheer2: , so we are splurging on the room. We are going to be staying at the Beach Club for 10 days.:woohoo:

We have been to WDW many times and have stayed at POR, All-Stars and Pop Century. My husband is scared that we will love the BC so much we won't be able to go back to value resorts. :dance3:

The whole family is psyched!!
Kris

Lots of PPL are stayin at the Beach Club!!:thumbsup2
July 2nd-16th
anyone braving the 3rd EMH till 4 AM?:confused3 i am!:thumbsup2

We will be staying at our home resort SSR for the first time June 29-July 11. We are so excited, haven't been to the world for 5 yrs. It will be myself DH, DS 14 and DS 5. I am sooooo excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter