OFFICIAL July 2008 Thread!!

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by MommyBuzz909, Dec 29, 2007.

1. MommyBuzz909

MommyBuzz909 Disneyland Doll

I decided to create this because ....well why not?

We will be going 7/14 to 7/21 - staying at AKL for 6 nights and ASMo for 2 nights.

We live 20 minutes from Disneyland and have been there countless times but this will be myself and my DS5's first trip so we are THRILLED!!! We hope to get the chance to meet some of you and create friendships while at the happiest place on earth!!

:cheer2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dis-Wiz

Dis-Wiz All you need is Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

I guarantee you'll LOVE WDW!!!!

We'll be there baking in the July sun with ya! From the 23rd to the 29th. :cool1:

Even though we still have 204 more days, I feel like we are leaving in a week! :rotfl: I am so excited. This will be our first time staying at the Polynesian! :dance3:

4. MommyBuzz909

Now is the heat REALLY that bad? I survived 3 summers living in Vegas. And have been to Florida in summer before (Tampa). Granted, I am a spoiled weather SoCal girl, but is it honestly THAT bad? And my dad lives in Atlanta, and he says, as for the rain, "if you don't like the weather in the South, wait 10 minutes." Does this ring true for Orlando summer downpours?

5. Dis-Wiz

There's no 'warm' in a Florida summer, just HOT ;) . But in Disney, there are so many air conditioned shops, and indoor rides, that the heat is very bareble :thumbsup2 . If it truly was THAT bad, we wouldn't be going to WDW in the summer for 4th year in a row :cool2: .
    As for the downpours, you have heard exactly right. It will be a bright, sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. Then, a huge cloud will come by, lots of thunder and buckets of rain for about 10-20 minutes, and then back to sun and clear skies :thumbsup2 . The only thing is, when it rains, the humidity gets pretty bad. :rolleyes:

6. princesskelz

princesskelz <marquee><font color=blue>Is this the real life? I

2 through the 16!!!:cool1:

only 6 months left!

7. mickeymyfavorite

mickeymyfavorite DIS Veteran

Hi I'm joining, we will be there 7/18-7/27 were staying at the BC, we are so excited :banana: I just booked the room this morning, now all I have to do is just PRAY for a discount code for a "room only", if not another year gone with no code offer. either way I'm real excited.

Me, DS13, & my parents always make this vacation in July, I think my DAD (64 year old baby) is more excited them me. It will be my moms birthday so we will be celebrating that as well.

O.k. now on to the dining.....this year I will be making ADR.

8. mickeymyfavorite

Hi I'm joining, we will be there 7/18-7/27 were staying at the BC, we are so excited :banana: I just booked the room this morning, now all I have to do is just PRAY for a discount code for a "room only", if not another year gone with no code offer. either way I'm real excited.

Me, DS13, & my parents always make this vacation in July, I think my DAD (64 year old baby) is more excited them me. It will be my moms birthday so we will be celebrating that as well.

9. mickeymyfavorite

10. mickeymyfavorite

sorry about the triple post :rolleyes1 how did that happen:surfweb:

11. Magic2000

Magic2000 DIS Veteran

Me & DD will be there June 30 - July 12! We are really excited and can't wait!!

12. grumpy&princess

grumpy&princess DIS Veteran

will be there 7/14-7/18 staying at POP. I am so excited feeling like a kid again. Since other than with the marching band in 1990 this will be my first time there where I can do what I want when I want.

13. pixiepoo24637

pixiepoo24637 Mouseketeer

We will be at the CR from the 6th -15th! I am so happy to be staying on the monorail this year! My kids are so excited already & we are surprising my nephew for his birthday & taking him along! I'm anxious to book our flights asap!

14. MommyBuzz909

Book them fast. I just called and did some research online - can't find anything less than $900 and I'm coming from SoCal - hopefully you live closer and can get a better deal!!!

15. pixiepoo24637

pixiepoo24637 Mouseketeer

Allegient air flies out of our local airport & offers rates ranging from $39 to $200 each way. Their reservation system isn't offering flights for July yet-I think they open up 6 months out. But you betcha I'll make them as soon as they open up!

16. Dis-Wiz

:cool1: Our plans just changed! Now we are staying at the Grand Floridian instead of the Polynesian! :cool1: We are also going to have a 'bonus' day, staying at Port Orleans before we go to the GF! :banana:

To think, we almost didn't think we could even GO this year, and now we are staying at the GF! :lmao: :dance3:

200 more days...:rolleyes:

17. MommyBuzz909

CONGRATS!! We're staying at ASMo & WL. I'll probably head over to GF and lounge by the pool for a couple hours.....I can't wait!!

18. Dis-Wiz

Thanks! How long are you staying at each resort?

I have been in a very Disney mood lately. I have been listening to live265 (which I haven't done since before our last trip), and I have been on the boards at least 5 times a day. Finally we are in the 100's (199 more days!). It's so far away, but it feels so soon! :rotfl:

19. MommyBuzz909

2 nights as ASMo and 7 nights at WL

20. Dis-Wiz

It's always fun to go from a value resort to a Deluxe resort! :cool1:

21. MommyBuzz909

I know! My DS5 is a Toy Story fanatic and he REALLY wanted to stay there, plus it'd be nice to say SOME money by staying there for 2 nights. I originally picked AKL but after a lot of research, I decided to go with WL. WL has lots of recreational activities plus it's in the MK area and not all alone by itself!! I hope it's worth it!!! It's our first trip so I can't wait!!