• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

hey there!

We are going to Disney World for our first time and are very excited! A family of five (me & hubby with 2 teenage boys and 1 preteen girl).

We are driving in from Louisiana and will be there 12/30/12 through 1/5/13. We are sooo excited to be ringing in the New Year with Mickey and the gang!

boocake said:
I got my vouchers and luggage tags and my ME tickets (At least I THINK I got my ME tickets!!) all in one mailing yesterday - WAHOOoooo! Is there anything else I need to look for?

I am SO happy about the Disney Quest vouchers. Our flight arrives early the day on Jan. 5 and we aren't planning to visit the parks until Jan. 6. I was thinking we'd kill the first day in the resort and downtown Disney, and now we have free vouchers to get into Disney Quest which my DS (5) will absolutely love. I had thought about going anyway, but now I don't have to pay extra for it!

I need to get onto the website to link my flight information with the ME, but the Disney systems have been down since yesterday. That's a little annoying but I am so excited I will forgive them....:)

We arrive early the 5th as well. We are planning on wandering DTD and going to DisneyQuest that day, as well. Maybe we will see you there!

New to the thread here. I'm booked for a solo trip from Dec31 - Jan 8th at OKW/AKV and offsite near Universal. I'm still trying to figure out my plans. I'm not booking any TS while at WDW but I have booked lunch at Emerils in Universal. Comparing last years hours to this years at WDW the hours seems shorter for this week. I wonder if there will be one more extention of hour before the trip?

Right now, I'm trying to decide on adding QSDP or not to the OKW portion of the trip Dec31-Jan4th. I'm arriving in the evening on Dec 31 and Jan 4th is my first day at universal. So that's 3 1/2 day of dining and 8 CS meals. I wasn't going to do the QSDP but I'm already planning on going to SS in the land at EPCOT, BOG in MK, and WPE in DD, that will be expensive meals. I'm also planning on going to Blizzard Beach that will probably include a cheaper meal. My goal for vacation eating almost entirely CS is to have no more than 1 hamburger, 1 "Disney Pizza" (Specialty pizza and flatbread doesn't count), and 1 chicken tenders. So, I'm probably going to be eating more expensive entree's most of the trip. On my last trip, the parks closed early so I traveled back to Disney after my first day at Universal to use my last CS credit.

We arrive early the 5th as well. We are planning on wandering DTD and going to DisneyQuest that day, as well. Maybe we will see you there!

Too funny! Maybe you will!! Just look for the crazy hyper 5 year old dragging his mom around (oh wait you might see that everywhere in Disney!) :)

So very excited for everyone getting Mickey Mail!! Ours should arrive right around Christmas...53 days till we check in. Getting so excited!!!

boocake said:
Too funny! Maybe you will!! Just look for the crazy hyper 5 year old dragging his mom around (oh wait you might see that everywhere in Disney!) :)

Haha! Very true! We will be the honeymooners most likely in Star Wars gear.

Did you guys request the new DVD or did they automatically send it because of your pending trips?

I did not make any requests so filled out our information online and received the DVD in the mail a few weeks later. I did put in that we were planning on going January 2013 but I don't think that really mattered.

OMG! I just called Disney and turns out I had a free dining PIN code. I had booked Stay, Play, Dine (so I had the dining anyway) but now I will end up with the same exact package and I saved about $100. Happy happy! I have heard about people doing that but honestly didn't think it seemed likely. I suggest that everyone check if you haven't!

boocake said:
OMG! I just called Disney and turns out I had a free dining PIN code. I had booked Stay, Play, Dine (so I had the dining anyway) but now I will end up with the same exact package and I saved about $100. Happy happy! I have heard about people doing that but honestly didn't think it seemed likely. I suggest that everyone check if you haven't!

Did you just call and ask if you had any pin codes? Or did you say offers?

boocake said:

OMG!! Your post made me to the same and we had one also. We were booked under PS&D and it saved us $400. I had received a room rate pin so I didn't think I had anymore. So thankful you posted and I called. Merry Christmas to me!!!!

OMG!! Your post made me to the same and we had one also. We were booked under PS&D and it saved us $400. I had received a room rate pin so I didn't think I had anymore. So thankful you posted and I called. Merry Christmas to me!!!!

OMG (again!) That is AWESOME! I am so happy for you!!!

No PIN code for us :( The CM on the phone said if we could find another person checking in to the same resort on the same day as us, and they had a PIN code they could have it extended to cover three rooms. So if anyway has one and is staying at ASMu, checking in Jan 6th please think of me!!

I am happy to wish my DD a very happy birthday today. Not only does she share a bday with Walt himself, but that means it is now only 22 days until we leave for our first ever NYE trip to WDW! Yay!!!!

Got my ME docs and tags yesterday. Wish the planning CD would come, I need a fix!

Yay I just added an extra day to our jan trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter