• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

A friend just said they changed their itinerary because there is a high school dance competition scheduled the last week of January. I can't find any info online (other than a college competition 8-10 and then something in February). Anybody know anything about this? Thanks for the info!

A friend just said they changed their itinerary because there is a high school dance competition scheduled the last week of January. I can't find any info online (other than a college competition 8-10 and then something in February). Anybody know anything about this? Thanks for the info!

The only competitions I can find is a college competition Jan 18-20 and then another dance competition Feb 2-3. Nothing in the last week of January that I could find.

Hi all,

Been ages since I've been on the board, and happy to be back. I want to plan our 5 yr Anniversary trip end of Jan - Maybe 25-Feb 2 for just me and DH. Any ideas on how busy the parks are at that time?

Also, DH wants to stay on site, but we'll have a rental car and I like the idea of staying off site.

Using bounce back pin code for Girls ONLY weekend Jan 18-21st. CAN'T WAIT!!!

What are the temps like in Jan? Never been to FL in Jan.

So we've officially decided what we're doing during our trip:

Sun. Jan. 6 - Arrive at AoA; depending on our moods, might go to Hollywood Studios for the Osbourne Lights
Mon. Jan. 7 - Animal Kingdom EMH, Hollywood Studios, might do Epcot EMH
Tues. Jan. 8 - Downtown Disney for shopping; might visit some resorts too
Wed. Jan. 9 - Epcot or Magic Kingdom
Thurs. Jan. 10 - Daytona for Preseason Thunder; Ordered our tickets for Fan Fest this morning so we're going to be meeting some of the drivers. (I'm finally getting to meet Tony Stewart!)
Fri. Jan. 11 - Epcot or Magic Kingdom (whichever park we didn't go to Wed.)
Sat. Jan. 12 - Go Home :(

Once we get through Christmas, I'll be all giddy for Disney. :)

We love Disney in January. Whatever the temp is in Orlando it's still 40 -50 degrees warmer then home!
But you can usually expect to see high in the high 60's/low 70's, we've seen it get into the 80's before. Low's can get down in the 30's overnight, but it's usually in the 40's or 50's.

Caseystigger said:

I have gone a number of times in January and have worn shorts on one trip and been snowed on the next year. I am going this January as well and I am just planning to check the forecast closer to time.

So I rolled my ankle 3+ months ago. I was diagnosed with a talar dome bruise but it is not improving only getting worse. Went for second opinion yesterday

Sorry hit send accidentally. We I now have to have surgery Monday. I could come out walking or I could come out non weight bearing for 6 weeks, which will be the 3rd day at Disney. I have read after the 6weeks you can only weight bear 25%. This is not how I planned this trip to go.

Sorry hit send accidentally. We I now have to have surgery Monday. I could come out walking or I could come out non weight bearing for 6 weeks, which will be the 3rd day at Disney. I have read after the 6weeks you can only weight bear 25%. This is not how I planned this trip to go.

Sorry to hear that! I hope you heal quickly!

I hope all goes well with your surgery! pixiedust: sent your way!!

We love Disney in January. Whatever the temp is in Orlando it's still 40 -50 degrees warmer then home!
But you can usually expect to see high in the high 60's/low 70's, we've seen it get into the 80's before. Low's can get down in the 30's overnight, but it's usually in the 40's or 50's.

That sounds nice...much better then Midwest Jan temps.

I have gone a number of times in January and have worn shorts on one trip and been snowed on the next year. I am going this January as well and I am just planning to check the forecast closer to time.

I can handle that kind of weather...well less the snow. Will keep an eye on the weather the closer we get. :goodvibes

So we've officially decided what we're doing during our trip:

Sun. Jan. 6 - Arrive at AoA; depending on our moods, might go to Hollywood Studios for the Osbourne Lights
Mon. Jan. 7 - Animal Kingdom EMH, Hollywood Studios, might do Epcot EMH
Tues. Jan. 8 - Downtown Disney for shopping; might visit some resorts too
Wed. Jan. 9 - Epcot or Magic Kingdom
Thurs. Jan. 10 - Daytona for Preseason Thunder; Ordered our tickets for Fan Fest this morning so we're going to be meeting some of the drivers. (I'm finally getting to meet Tony Stewart!)
Fri. Jan. 11 - Epcot or Magic Kingdom (whichever park we didn't go to Wed.)
Sat. Jan. 12 - Go Home :(

Once we get through Christmas, I'll be all giddy for Disney. :)
You are going the exact same time as us. I am really hoping to make it to the Osbourne Lights on Sunday!!! I just hope everyone arriving that day doesn't have the same idea pixiedust:

Can't believe it is getting so close!! Our trip is now paid off and I have still managed to keep this a secret from my kids! They are going to be so so excited!!!

OMG!! Your post made me to the same and we had one also. We were booked under PS&D and it saved us $400. I had received a room rate pin so I didn't think I had anymore. So thankful you posted and I called. Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Did you just call and ask if you had any pin codes? Or did you say offers?

I was also able to use a free dining pin and it saved me another $400. I was super excited about it!! It was like making a $400 payment on my trip. LOL

My last final is today and after that I can day dream to my hearts content...just 26 more days!

Can't believe it is getting so close!! Our trip is now paid off and I have still managed to keep this a secret from my kids! They are going to be so so excited!!!

It is a secret from mine too. I am taking my 5yo DS and not telling him until the day we wake up to go!!!!! It has been torture hiding it! I am SO excited!

19 days now! :hyper: We are in the teens now!! :cool1:

Back to the pin codes for a moment...Did you just call and ask if you had any pin codes, or did you ask if there were any discounts that could be applied?
Wondering if I should try, or ask my TA to try...

-Fran =)

JustMeFran said:
19 days now! :hyper: We are in the teens now!! :cool1:

Back to the pin codes for a moment...Did you just call and ask if you had any pin codes, or did you ask if there were any discounts that could be applied?
Wondering if I should try, or ask my TA to try...

-Fran =)

I just asked if they could check and see of I had any pin codes tied to my name. I had 3!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter