• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

This is not quite correct.

The parking lot at TTC never closes. But the Express Monorail & Ferryboat to MK do not run that early.

On most days, the Resort Monorail starts running at 7am; you would want to be there a bit earlier to get on the first train leaving TTC. There's no point in getting off at the MK and walking; just stay on the train as CR is the next stop.

On some days, the Resort Monorail opens at 8:30. On those days there should be buses running in it's place. See this thread for more info. It's probably worth it to park at CR for peace of mind if you have an early reservation on one of those mornings (generally Mondays & Tuesdays.)

Thanks for this info!

Please rank in order of ease of travel and least time to travel by Disney transportation (add why, if you can, or how I should plan to get there and back, it's our first time trip on property):
from CBR to Kidani Village and back
from CBR to Polynesian and back
from CBR to Contemporary and back

This is for a dinner on a "resort day" with two little kids in September.

Thank you!!!

Please rank in order of ease of travel and least time to travel by Disney transportation (add why, if you can, or how I should plan to get there and back, it's our first time trip on property):

Thank you!!!

By far, the easiest will be to the Contemporary because you just take the bus to MK and then it's a 10 minute walk to the Contemporary. The other two involve waiting for (and riding) a second mode of transportation.

Thank you!!!
CBR to Kidani means a bus to AK, then bus to AKL-Kidani. To return, bus to an open park, then transfer to CBR bus.

CBR to Polynesian means bus to MK, then boat or monorail to the Polynesian. Reverse to get back to CBR.

CBR to CR means bus to MK, then walk or monorail to CR, reversing to go back.

Figure about 60+ mins for the first two, 45 mins for the CR.

Because you need to use parks as transfer spots, both ways, be sure you're done with dinner before the park closes. Or, just take a cab back to CBR.

I need to get to Disney Springs for a reservation at 3:00 from HS in mid-September. I know that you have to allow a large amount of time for the buses. I originally thought leave HS at 1:45 to be there by 3, but I'm still not sure that would be enough time. Would it be easier and take less amount of time to take my car from the resort and drive to HS, and then when we're ready to leave for Disney Springs, drive there instead of getting on a bus to a resort, then on a bus to Disney springs? And how much time should I allow for that?

Driving will be faster..probably about 15 mins from DHS to DS.

I have some family members staying offsite in a few weeks. I believe once they park at the Magic Kingdom lot they take the tram to the TTC and then the monorail to the MK. IF that's correct, about how long would that take? (I realize it can vary, just looking for an estimate)

Hi. Apologies if this has already been answered but do you have to be staying on-site to use the buses?

We are staying off site. We have an afternoon ADR at beaches and cream but I am planning on parking at Hollywood studios and taking the bus to Epcot. Tour Epcot in the morning, leave via international gateway, walk to beaches and cream. Take boat from yacht club back to Hollywood studios, tour Hollywood studios and then return to the car.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi. Apologies if this has already been answered but do you have to be staying on-site to use the buses?
No, all WDW Transportation is free for all to enjoy.

Buses between parks start running 1 hour before park opening. (Resort buses start earlier.)

How do I get to the water parks (by bus) from the Art of Animation and back? We have reservations for 1900 Park Fare at 7 pm the day we are going to the water park. If I want to get a BBB reservation at Disney Springs what time should I aim for? What time should I leave the water park to get to DS for my BBB reservation? Thanks for any help!

I have some family members staying offsite in a few weeks. I believe once they park at the Magic Kingdom lot they take the tram to the TTC and then the monorail to the MK. IF that's correct, about how long would that take? (I realize it can vary, just looking for an estimate)
Once parked it will take around 15 mins waiting for tram to monorail then another 15 for monorail to mk

We are staying at All-Star Sports and have booked a reservation to see Hoop-De-Doo Revue. How long will it take to go back and forth between the two locations via Disney transportation? Is Uber/Lyft a better option? Thanks.

We are staying at All-Star Sports and have booked a reservation to see Hoop-De-Doo Revue. How long will it take to go back and forth between the two locations via Disney transportation? Is Uber/Lyft a better option? Thanks.
I usually take the bus to MK, the the boat over to FtW.
I'm not sure if Uber is a good option. But I'm sure someone will be along to let you know.
As far as timing goes, I usually figure in an hour.

Uber or Lyft can only take you to the campground check-in. From there, it's a 10-minute bus ride to Pioneer Hall, with buses running every 10 minutes or less.

Uber or Lyft can only take you to the campground check-in. From there, it's a 10-minute bus ride to Pioneer Hall, with buses running every 10 minutes or less.
Thanks so much! I thought that might be the case, but not sure enough to post it.

Going to Disney for the first time in almost 20 years for a girls trip with my mom and daughter! I've done a lot of research, but still trying to figure out my best route....hoping someone can help me out.

1) I'm staying at Coronado Springs, and need to get to Disney Springs for my daughters BBB appointment at 9:25, they even suggested I get there 20 min early. So what time should I leave the hotel to make this appointment? I've heard the busses to Springs are far between, so I'm worried.

2) After Disney Springs we are headed over to Epcot. What is the fastest way from Springs to Epcot? I see busses, boats and maybe even a hotel/monorail option. Looking for someone who's found the most efficient route.

Thanks all!

Going to Disney for the first time in almost 20 years for a girls trip with my mom and daughter! I've done a lot of research, but still trying to figure out my best route....hoping someone can help me out.

1) I'm staying at Coronado Springs, and need to get to Disney Springs for my daughters BBB appointment at 9:25, they even suggested I get there 20 min early. So what time should I leave the hotel to make this appointment? I've heard the busses to Springs are far between, so I'm worried.

2) After Disney Springs we are headed over to Epcot. What is the fastest way from Springs to Epcot? I see busses, boats and maybe even a hotel/monorail option. Looking for someone who's found the most efficient route.

Thanks all!
Welcome to the DIS!
1. I would take a cab, or Uber, over, just to be safe. You could go to the bus stop around 8:30, and hopefully a bus would be there shortly. But, you may have just missed on, which means at least 20 mins until the next one. A cab would be much easier...plan on leaving the resort around 8:50ish.

2. No boats or monorail between DS and Epcot. Best way to do it is either take a bus to Pop Century then transfer to the Epcot bus (which takes you to the front entrance do Epcot, or bus to YC/BC, getting off at BC and walking to the International Gateway, back door into Epcot...walk takes under 10 mins.

Welcome to the DIS!
1. I would take a cab, or Uber, over, just to be safe. You could go to the bus stop around 8:30, and hopefully a bus would be there shortly. But, you may have just missed on, which means at least 20 mins until the next one. A cab would be much easier...plan on leaving the resort around 8:50ish.

2. No boats or monorail between DS and Epcot. Best way to do it is either take a bus to Pop Century then transfer to the Epcot bus (which takes you to the front entrance do Epcot, or bus to YC/BC, getting off at BC and walking to the International Gateway, back door into Epcot...walk takes under 10 mins.

Okay thanks- I guess some follow up questions now....

1) is there not a bus to Disney Springs before 8:30? I don't mind leaving a little earlier, or do the busses only run beginning a certain time? I'm in NY, so I use uber often, but was trying to take advantage of the free transportation for once.

2) The Beach Club bus/walk to Epcot sounds good-but am I pushing my luck with making a 12:30 dining reservation? It's at Akershus, so I think going in the gateway would help- but you tell me! Am I being ambitious here?

This might be on the thread but I could not find it. If you have a park hopper how long do you have to arrive at the park gates before the official closing time to be let in the park. Also I am renting a car, do the parking lots close X amount of time before the official closing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter