Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

First stay at a monorail resort coming up after a string of stays at POR, so I need to get out of bus-only mode. A few transportation questions:
1) CR to MK - walk? How long will this take from the main tower?
2) MK to CR - monorail or walk?
3) CR to/from EP - monorail with transfer at TTC?
4) AK to Poly for a 4:55 'Ohana reservation - bus at 3:00?
TIA!!

First stay at a monorail resort coming up after a string of stays at POR, so I need to get out of bus-only mode. A few transportation questions:
1) CR to MK - walk? How long will this take from the main tower?
About 10 mins. (1/2 mi.)
2) MK to CR - monorail or walk?
Time difference is minimal; whichever you prefer.
3) CR to/from EP - monorail with transfer at TTC?
Yes.
4) AK to Poly for a 4:55 'Ohana reservation - bus at 3:00?
3:45 should be adequate. Rule of thumb is 60 minutes for a direct bus; 90 minutes between resorts. Even this route, one of the longest, takes no more than 20 minutes once the bus is on the road. Poly will be the 1st stop.

Certainly. Both Uber & Lyft are very active at WDW, and can pick up & drop off at resorts' lobby entrance.

Same for all parks and times? I'm just wondering about leaving Hollywood Studios after the Star Wars light/fireworks show. I've been told to expect an hours wait before boarding a bus back to Wilderness Lodge. I wonder if there's any chance Uber would be any faster?

Same for all parks and times? I'm just wondering about leaving Hollywood Studios after the Star Wars light/fireworks show. I've been told to expect an hours wait before boarding a bus back to Wilderness Lodge. I wonder if there's any chance Uber would be any faster?
I don't know whether the supply of Uber drivers always exceeds the demand at park closing. The app will show the estimated wait time. I think 20 mins. is the max; if it's longer, the app will say no drivers available. It's also possible you could see surge pricing, which can double or occasionally even triple the normal fare; the app will indicate this.
Same boats used by Wilderness Lodge? And do you think that's faster than buses from WL to MK?
Most of the time, WL & FtW have separate boats to MK; they share the boats to CR. I think the bus is faster from WL, but there's some debate about it.

I don't know whether the supply of Uber drivers always exceeds the demand at park closing. The app will show the estimated wait time. I think 20 mins. is the max; if it's longer, the app will say no drivers available. It's also possible you could see surge pricing, which can double or occasionally even triple the normal fare; the app will indicate this.

Most of the time, WL & FtW have separate boats to MK; they share the boats to CR. I think the bus is faster from WL, but there's some debate about it.

Got it - thank you!

I've been perusing this thread and it's all a little daunting. So many questions! I'm sure mine has been asked so my apologies in advance.

I have a PPO ADR at MK on a day that has Early Morning Magic. I'm staying at the Poly so have access to the monorail, but on this particular day it's running on later hours. My preferred alternative is the Poly's boat launch. My question then is, when will the boat launch start running? An hour before the EMM or an hour before regular park hours? I understand that transportation indicated as "running one hour prior to park open" includes Early Magic Hours, but wasn't sure about the Early Morning Magic.

As well, would a bus be an alternative? They're available when the monorail is on modified hours, right? What hours would they be on?

Thank you!!

Last edited:

when will the boat launch start running?
30 minutes prior to park opening.

They're available when the monorail is on modified hours, right?
yes.

What hours would they be on?
(from wdwinfo)
Express Beam Overnight Closures- 11:30 PM Sundays - 9:30 AM Mondays, 11:30 PM Mondays - 9:30 AM Tuesdays
Monorail Shutdown- 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Starting 4/12/2016 on Thursdays
Resort Beam Overnight Closures - 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM Mondays, 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM Tuesdays

(from wdwinfo)
Express Beam Overnight Closures- 11:30 PM Sundays - 9:30 AM Mondays, 11:30 PM Mondays - 9:30 AM Tuesdays
Monorail Shutdown- 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Starting 4/12/2016 on Thursdays
Resort Beam Overnight Closures - 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM Mondays, 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM Tuesdays

I need the bus hours. I need a way to get to the park for my pre park open ADR of both the boat launch and the monorail aren't running early enough. I'd like to be there by 7:45 when they start letting people in. When do buses start leaving the resorts?

buses start running at 6:30.

Is this true for all resorts? I've seen posts that say 7 a.m. We're staying at POR next week and need to be at HS before 7:45. If the buses really do start at 6:30, that would be great. We were going to get a taxi otherwise.

Is this true for all resorts? I've seen posts that say 7 a.m. We're staying at POR next week and need to be at HS before 7:45. If the buses really do start at 6:30, that would be great. We were going to get a taxi otherwise.
Yes, they do. BUT.....they run less frequently than the regular buses do. If you get there as the bus you want is leaving, you may wait more than 20 mins for the next one. So...if someone gets to the bus stop, looking for an early MK bus, and they arrive at 6:45, the first bus will have come and gone...which means they'll be waiting for the next one. And that could be close to 7am!!

Is there buses running from TTC to the water parks? We are going in Sept staying at Poly and trying to figure out the easiest way to get there. I read that they no longer have buses from resorts to water parks but that you have to take a bus to AK and then catch a bus to water park.

Hoping someone knows this answer or where I can find it. Does transportation running one hour before park open, on a day with EMM, mean they run an hour before EMM hours or an hour before regular park hours?

Is there buses running from TTC to the water parks? We are going in Sept staying at Poly and trying to figure out the easiest way to get there. I read that they no longer have buses from resorts to water parks but that you have to take a bus to AK and then catch a bus to water park.
I don't believe there are water park buses at ttc.

Hoping someone knows this answer or where I can find it. Does transportation running one hour before park open, on a day with EMM, mean they run an hour before EMM hours or an hour before regular park hours?
Buses are running from 6:30am, resorts to parks. Every day.

Looking for advice for best way to get from AK to Epcot for, say, a 7:30 dinner. We have park hopper tix. What's the way to get there, and how much time should I allocate? Thank you!

Looking for advice for best way to get from AK to Epcot for, say, a 7:30 dinner. We have park hopper tix. What's the way to get there, and how much time should I allocate? Thank you!
There are park-to-park buses, which would probably be the quickest option.

If your reservation is in the world showcase, on the right-hand side, you may consider taking a bus to the Boardwalk or Beach Club and walking from there. But the park-to-park is probably quicker and the walking distance is pretty close to the same.

You should allow 1 hour park-to-park or resort-to-park. Your average travel time will be about half that long, but you need to allow for the possibility that the first bus to depart will be full before you get on. Also add in the walk time from the bus stop to your destination restaurant.

Planning WAY ahead here, but I've got a year to kill while planning and wishing next summer would get here quicker, so why not.
Staying at POR. Will likely do DHS one morning and then return to POR for a break, then we want to go check out AKL (sounds like an amazing resort and hoping to convince DH to try it some day!). What's the best way to get to AKL from POR? Take a bus to AK, then get on a bus to AKL, then reverse when we are finished? Will that be a huge hassle, going from the drop off bus area to the pick up area? Any better option? We will have a car but REALLY prefer to keep it parked all week, we hate driving and navigating around the area ourselves and don't mind buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter