• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Thanks, but I should have been more specific with the AK/AKL question, I want to leave AK at about 130 to head to AKL to trade with King Pin who starts trading at 2:00, and I would like to be back in AK by 3:00. Is that unrealistic taking soley Disney transportation? I understand taking a cab at least one way would make it possible and be a fairly cheap cab ride, but if the bus only runs between the two it might not be a problem, or so I was hoping at least.

Spending two days at MK, so I will try to get loop 1500 which is the yellow line and seems to have the most direct route to either out post. You are amazing for answering these questions btw, very helpful.

And its a little frustrating how it seems that Disney tries to be deceptive with exactly how there bus system works, or at the very least not as transparent as they could be. It logistically has to be extensive and complex, but they make it seem like you can just show up and get on a bus and get where you want to go no problem, when knowing the ins and outs seem to make a much better expierience.

Thanks, but I should have been more specific with the AK/AKL question, I want to leave AK at about 130 to head to AKL to trade with King Pin who starts trading at 2:00, and I would like to be back in AK by 3:00. Is that unrealistic taking soley Disney transportation? I understand taking a cab at least one way would make it possible and be a fairly cheap cab ride, but if the bus only runs between the two it might not be a problem, or so I was hoping at least.
I'd estimate about 60% level of confidence of making it by bus within 30 minutes at that time of day. I'm assuming you want to go to Jambo House; buses to AKL stop at Kidani Village first, and then Jambo House.

45 minutes would be close to 100%.

Last edited:
We're staying at Pop Century for our trip next month. We have an ADR for Ohana at 8:10AM. When do you suggest we get to the bus stop (if we choose to take WDW transportation)? Also, is the monorail running that early from MK to Poly?

I'm just reposting this, since it got buried a couple pages back. Thanks in advance for the help!

We're staying at Pop Century for our trip next month. We have an ADR for Ohana at 8:10AM. When do you suggest we get to the bus stop (if we choose to take WDW transportation)? Also, is the monorail running that early from MK to Poly?

I'm just reposting this, since it got buried a couple pages back. Thanks in advance for the help!
About 6:45, and take the bus to MK. Tell the bus driver where you are going for breakfast; sometimes the bus will be going to Poly after MK, or the driver may be able to drop you off.

Service on the Resorts Monorail line starts at 7am, but on some mornings it may be by bus rather than monorail.

I have a reservation for Artist Point at 8 p.m. Feb. 4. We will be coming from Pop Century. What is the fastest/best way to get there and how much time should we allow? Obviously, we will err on the side of more time because we'll probably want to look around before dinner anyway.

Thanks in advance!

I have a reservation for Artist Point at 8 p.m. Feb. 4. We will be coming from Pop Century. What is the fastest/best way to get there and how much time should we allow? Obviously, we will err on the side of more time because we'll probably want to look around before dinner anyway.

Thanks in advance!
Define "best." The fastest way will be to take a taxi. Otherwise, you'll need to transfer at a park. Epcot and Hollywood Studios are near Pop Century and you could catch a resort bus from either of them. Magic Kingdom is closer to the Wilderness Lodge, and there's a boat as well as a bus from there. I'd budget 90 minutes using Disney transportation, but it could be half that time.

Thanks in advance!
The easiets way to do it is to take a taxi, but if you don't want to do that then the next best way is to go through the MK bus depot. Take the bus to Mk from Pop and then the bus to WL. Or you can take a WL bus from any park. After dinner you can catch the bus to MK, a five minute ride, or the boat to MK, a 12 minute ride. Then get your Pop bus back to your resort. The parks close early in early Feb so if your dinner is late, you might have to take a taxi.

I am staying at All Star Music, we have a pre park opening reservation at BoG in MK for 8:10am and a Chef' Mickey's reservation for 7am at Contemporary. Would it be best to get a taxi for that early? If so Mears or Uber? OR Could we still make it with the bus and what time should we be out there waiting. Also if we take a taxi to MK where would that leave us at Contemporary or at TTC?

I am staying at All Star Music, we have a pre park opening reservation at BoG in MK for 8:10am and a Chef' Mickey's reservation for 7am at Contemporary. Would it be best to get a taxi for that early? If so Mears or Uber? OR Could we still make it with the bus and what time should we be out there waiting. Also if we take a taxi to MK where would that leave us at Contemporary or at TTC?

Buses start running at 6:30 am every day, so you shouldn't have any trouble making the BoG ADR - I'd be at the bus stop by 7:00. For Chef Mickey's, I'd take a taxi.

Disney recommends 90 mins for resort to resort travel. And that's not a bad idea. You may very well find that it takes less time....but better safe than sorry.

What is the best way to get from DHS to Beach Club. I've read through this thread and seen info about the Friendship boats. How often do the run? Are there also buses? Is walking faster than the boat or bus? After ADR at BC, if pressed for time to make it back to DHS for using a FP+, would a cab be a good option?

What is the best way to get from DHS to Beach Club. I've read through this thread and seen info about the Friendship boats. How often do the run? Are there also buses? Is walking faster than the boat or bus? After ADR at BC, if pressed for time to make it back to DHS for using a FP+, would a cab be a good option?
There are boats running every 20 mins or so. If, as you exit DHS, there is either a boat at the dock, or coming into the dock, then sure, take the boat. It will stop at the S/D first, then over at the YC/BC. It will take about 15-20 mins once you leave the dock. Or, you can just walk. As you exit DHS, stay to the left...walk down the sidewalk (canal on your left, parking lot on your right). You will come to a slight downward slope, on your left. There should be a signage telling you this is the path to Boardwalk. Go down and follow the sidewalk. Go past BW, on your right. When you get to the end of the walkway, you can go right, onto the boardwalk area by Jellyrolls, or go left and up to the bridge. Take the left, and go immediately to the right as you get to the bridge. To the left is the S/D, to the right is the YC/BC. YC/BC will be on the left, the lake on your right. The walk takes about 15 mins, at an average pace.
There are no buses. You could take a cab...but that will probably take about 10 mins. So, depends on how much time you have.

There are boats running every 20 mins or so. If, as you exit DHS, there is either a boat at the dock, or coming into the dock, then sure, take the boat. It will stop at the S/D first, then over at the YC/BC. It will take about 15-20 mins once you leave the dock. Or, you can just walk. As you exit DHS, stay to the left...walk down the sidewalk (canal on your left, parking lot on your right). You will come to a slight downward slope, on your left. There should be a signage telling you this is the path to Boardwalk. Go down and follow the sidewalk. Go past BW, on your right. When you get to the end of the walkway, you can go right, onto the boardwalk area by Jellyrolls, or go left and up to the bridge. Take the left, and go immediately to the right as you get to the bridge. To the left is the S/D, to the right is the YC/BC. YC/BC will be on the left, the lake on your right. The walk takes about 15 mins, at an average pace.
There are no buses. You could take a cab...but that will probably take about 10 mins. So, depends on how much time you have.
Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a detailed answer. It is very helpful!

Trying to get from POFQ to BC for breakfast. Not opposed to taxi, but would require a booster seat (which we won't have with us). No park admission, so can't cut through Epcot. If we bus to HS, is there a bus from there to BC? What are our other options?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter